PDA

View Full Version : the state of this country!!!!!

FATBOY
07-03-2008, 23:23
anyone else pissed off with the state of this country as it is???? petrol/diesel prices rising sky high!!! gas/electric prices rising!!!! house prices sky high! chances of myself affording a mortgage are non existent!! but wages are not rising with the rate of all these rises!!! all that seems to be on the news of late is murderers/peados. and all they seem to be interested in is ****ing binge drinking on the news!!! and all us non trouble making drinkers get punished by having the government raise taxes on booze! all you seem to see is there news reports following kids aged 15 and they always quote the kids by saying "this gang of teenagers said they can drink 20 cans each in one night" yeah yeah like ****!!! they believe anything these news reporters. let these teenagers spend the night on the lash with me! :lol: they wouldnt last an hour! i know theres worse places on this planet, but this country has gone to pot of late.

RANT over

Jamie.
07-03-2008, 23:39
I thought plumbers were supposed to be raking it in these days?

FATBOY
08-03-2008, 00:21
thats bullshit!!!! typical media bigging it up!!! saying we all make millions!!

MatBrown
08-03-2008, 09:47
Trouble is i think Paul is employed not self-employed, so his boss would be making most of the money.

Mat.

wavy
08-03-2008, 10:49
yes i know where your coming from
it pisses me off when they try n make out its for our own good
tax on cigs to make me stop tax on fuel to help save the plannet tax on beer to stop binge drinkin
i do all 3 of the above and i dont think it helps me much raping me each time i buy any of the above
to be honest i earn a shit wage for 50 hrs a week after i pay council tax and bills its hardly worth going to work
me getting a mortgage is a distant hope
were just cash cows for the ppl in power
maybe its an idea if i move to a crap country for a few years then move back here as an immigrant

number1
08-03-2008, 13:22
Australia sounds more and more tempting each day, was on the fone to my auntie who emigrated out there about 10 years ago, even though her husbands a builder, got a mortgage etc, they could not afford to up sticks and move to england, not that she wants to anyway.. Even more tempted when i found out you can get renaults out there, might import the hybrid and a car full of spares if i ever decided to up sticks

Dave

titcharoony
08-03-2008, 13:38
must remember as well that the country going to pot might also be a media generated point of view. I have my own thoughts on this - but one thing i wud hold a good rant on wud be the way people who save (such as myself), and budget - and look after my money - arent really rewarded.
it seems anyone who gets themselves into ridiculous amounts of debt are if not rewarded - certainly bailed. If a nation of people who didnt save for our old age (say my generation) and dont have a private pension - they'll be screwed. I will have one, but thats through my own intiative. But what will happen to the rest who didnt think ahead? Perhaps there wont be a state pension - but the government will assist in this event- and Ill be sat there, 75 years old, wondering why I bothered. Like alot of people wonder why they should bother working now when you can get assistance and support now for doing **** all sat at home 'looking for a job'. There are so many abusers of the system its a shame for the people who are genuine.
Interesting though at 75 ill probably be moaning less.

Wobba
18-03-2008, 14:40
anyone else pissed off with the state of this country as it is???? petrol/diesel prices rising sky high!!! gas/electric prices rising!!!! house prices sky high! chances of myself affording a mortgage are non existent!! but wages are not rising with the rate of all these rises!!! all that seems to be on the news of late is murderers/peados. and all they seem to be interested in is f***king binge drinking on the news!!! and all us non trouble making drinkers get punished by having the government raise taxes on booze! all you seem to see is there news reports following kids aged 15 and they always quote the kids by saying "this gang of teenagers said they can drink 20 cans each in one night" yeah yeah like f**k!!! they believe anything these news reporters. let these teenagers spend the night on the lash with me! :lol: they wouldnt last an hour! i know theres worse places on this planet, but this country has gone to pot of late.

RANT over

I agree.

The average wage where I live is not what is said by the local cencus. the extremely high wages from a few people bump the average up a hell of a lot.

I am 35 tomorrow, and despite being far more experienced and far more better educated, with a degree, I earnt more when I left college over 16 years ago, yet house prices since then have over tripled and bills are through the roof.

the amount of beuarucratic shit I have to put up with from the Government and local Council is no longer funny. I think something is going to snap...or I hope it does before we have to pay for the very air we breathe.

As for the media, well, they sensationalise somewhat. Virtually everyone near me drives their kids to school as they are so completely wrapped up in what the media tells them: that if they let their kids walk or ride a bike to scholl they'll get abducted/raped/murdere the second they leave the door.