PDA

View Full Version : Nissan Pulsar GTi-R vs Clio Williams 16v Hybrid

seanofnp
15-01-2008, 11:20
Last night on the private runway i raced a pulsar.

Starting rolling from second gear, a bit of spin into third and were off... by the end of 3rd hes about a length ahead of me then into fourth he pulls another 1 length. So total of about 2 lengths upto 120 odd?

Pull up next to eachother and he asks me what im running, I said 2.0 170bhp ish and i asked the same he said between 300 and 320bhp.

Was well happy with that tbh! It was quicker than the 300bhp sti scooby i raced.

Allan
15-01-2008, 11:58
lose quite a lot of power from the 4wd, but from a rolling start you have a better chance, but nice to see you didn't get spanked :D

standing start i would assume the pulsar can get the power down better and would gain quite a bit

seanofnp
15-01-2008, 12:08
It was slippery last night though, i was spinning and he wasnt! We tried a first gear but i had to really feather it which sucked a bit.

Martin
17-01-2008, 10:46
I 'd guess it was'nt 320 bhp tbh I got shaded by a gti-r in the t/b's clio

bill.
19-01-2008, 12:57
off the line it would have been light years ahead, a mate of mine has one running around 340/350bhp, and its mental, must be in the 4's to 60, nothing touches it off the line including a nice lambo murci whatever there called :shock:

had it rebuilt and its been reliable as hell with 3 or 4 years of abuse!

looks gash though :wink:

titcharoony
19-01-2008, 13:59
pulsars are bloody loud

Wobba
29-01-2008, 18:15
I've had a couole of them, neither were totally mint, but the standard one I had was pretty good. Strange cars. they feel like they are really big...I think they carry a lot of uneccessary weight. You sit quite high, though the seats are fully adjustable I seem to remember. They are a lot less stable than the Impreza, as the Scoob has a longer wheelbase and seems to flow better. But still, very quick and loads of grip, can get twitchy though.

Chris n`nic
29-01-2008, 22:01
off the line it would have been light years ahead, a mate of mine has one running around 340/350bhp, and its mental, must be in the 4's to 60, nothing touches it off the line including a nice lambo murci whatever there called :shock:

Does he have short blonde hair m8? I had a race in my 5 Turbo a few years back with one. We followed for a bit after then he waved us to pull over and we had a chat. Seemed a really sound lad.... I think he was as impressed with the 5 as I was with the pulsar!

Chris

bill.
01-02-2008, 18:35

Does he have short blonde hair m8? I had a race in my 5 Turbo a few years back with one. We followed for a bit after then he waved us to pull over and we had a chat. Seemed a really sound lad.... I think he was as impressed with the 5 as I was with the pulsar!

Chris

yeah he does, he's names howie, a grey one with a big forge front mounted intercooler? possibly a shopping list down the sides of his doors? cant remember, last time he went the pod he did 12.6, enough to blow away most evo's/scoobys/porkers etc that he comes across on the road, and yeah he is a really sound lad, it will have been him, he doesn't use it much these days though :roll:

Chris n`nic
02-02-2008, 18:13
Yeah Howie....ask him about a blast with mint 5 turbo...obvious outcome tho lol

chris