PDA

View Full Version : Pullies with Cam Sensor.

rSpider
06-01-2008, 23:02
Does this look right to you guys?

First picture is of the pullys on my williams race head (ex spider cup). It has a cam sensor fitted so as to run sequential injection in the spider with megan rocker cover and coils. The cam senser is on the right side pulley. (currently removed for rebuild)

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj53/rSpider/Head/P1020205.jpg

Second picture is the original megan engine taken out of the spider with around 700 miles (almost delivery mileage). been sitting on my garrage floor since new... This engine has never been touched or opened.

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj53/rSpider/Head/P1020202.jpg

The only reason I've taken the cam belt off this spare megan engine is to salvage the plastice cam belt covers to fit on the williams engine durring rebuild as they were knackered. Ignore the rocker covers as they've been swapped round.

So what is going on with the cam pulleys. This is how this would have come out of the renault factory... Aren't they round the wrong way??? The cam sensor is on the right side of the engine!

richy
06-01-2008, 23:06
yeah in the 2nd pic the cam pulley on the exhaust side should be on the inlet side as it use's the that to ref its position with the sensor

MAXIBOY
07-01-2008, 01:00
however fitted the willy engine in the spider has had to use the megane pulley for the sensor as the willy pulleys would not have the same as there was never a sensor fitted on willys

rSpider
07-01-2008, 01:33
Correct. A second set of megane pullies was used on the williams. Oh and the megan flywheel as well.

I never ran the original engine very long so difficult to remember how it ran a long time ago... couldn't have been good though.

richy
07-01-2008, 19:33
Correct. A second set of megane pullies was used on the williams. Oh and the megan flywheel as well.

I never ran the original engine very long so difficult to remember how it ran a long time ago... couldn't have been good though.

tbh it could of ran perfectly well, my mate has a megane coupe F7R which has the cam sensor on it, its currently being ran without the sensor plugged in, and according to my mate its running fine, also been on the Clip and not shown any difference from what he said

reason he's trying that is he wants to cam the car but was told you cant by someone because of the sensor etc