PDA

View Full Version : Williams 2 rolling shell £200 with private plate

midge
12-12-2007, 01:06
the shell is solid, surface rust on both rears, NOT rotton, the shell has the dash in, the sound deadning, both doors, interior loom, door looms, a couple water pipes, bottle, pas res all interior plastics bar the door cards, all glass..

it has 16v fron suspension setup, and will have the worst set of wheels i have in mo posession at the time

it comes with private plate C10 WLL
collection will need to be made from Croydon CR5 2HX

i can supply various bits to go with the car depending on if i havnt sold them at the time, thing sthat are def gone are running gear and wide track and all williams interior stuff.

Daz.
12-12-2007, 07:32
Not selling the plate seperately?

mossyv6
12-12-2007, 16:19

IIRC you have to have a current MOT on the current plate+chassis number as stated on the V5 :(

In order to sell the number plate you will have to build a car with the current shell/plate/chassis number then get it MOT'd to be able to remove the plate onto something else.

Carole Anne
12-12-2007, 17:22
Couldn't he just take the personal plate off and put it on retention although this does cost about £100.00 and £25 a year to keep on retention and suppose the plate might not be worth that much anyway, maybe £400.00

Might be worth getting a free valuation - can recommend www.markhunt.co.uk ( don't say that name too quickly!) :lol:

Daz.
12-12-2007, 18:55
What happens of the car gets scrapped though that numberplate gets lost for good?

Carole Anne
12-12-2007, 22:13
If the private plate is on the car when the car gets scrapped you lose the right to display the reg and the dvla take the reg back. If you remove the reg before scrapping and put it on retention the dvla will asign the cars original reg back to it and then you can scrap it with the original reg on and not the private one.

Hope that makes sense :D

Carole Anne

cliolord
12-12-2007, 23:43

IIRC you have to have a current MOT on the current plate+chassis number as stated on the V5 :(

In order to sell the number plate you will have to build a car with the current shell/plate/chassis number then get it MOT'd to be able to remove the plate onto something else.

no engine, lights etc need to be in place for MOT (daytime MOT that is) ;) its catch 22...Get a car to an MOT station and it cannot fail an MOT for not having an engine in it, thus cannot fail the emissions test. Things such as steering need to be in operation and brakes will pass without servo assistance too :lol: I am pretty sure this will work from what I've heard

Daz.
13-12-2007, 08:21
If the private plate is on the car when the car gets scrapped you lose the right to display the reg and the dvla take the reg back. If you remove the reg before scrapping and put it on retention the dvla will asign the cars original reg back to it and then you can scrap it with the original reg on and not the private one.

Hope that makes sense :D

Carole Anne

Thus allowing someone else to purchase that numberplate?...

Do you have to have the other car taxed to recieve an old reg plate then? or can you put it on retention and do what you will with the car?

Carole Anne
13-12-2007, 10:20
Aye someone else can then buy the right to display the reg if the DVLA decide to offer it for sale, you never actually own the reg.

If you put a private reg on a car technically you need to keep if MOTed and taxed otherwise the DVLA can actually take the plate back.

If you take a private reg off a car the DVLA will assign the cars original reg back to it which will stay on even if the tax runs out.

You don't actually have to own a car to buy the right to display a reg, as long as you pay and keep it on retention, which means you have the piece of paper to say that you have the right to display the number plate.

Phew I need a rest now :roll: sorry about rambling, quite hard to explain well it is for me anyway :oops:

Carole Anne

white16valver
13-12-2007, 19:23

no engine, lights etc need to be in place for MOT (daytime MOT that is) ;) its catch 22...Get a car to an MOT station and it cannot fail an MOT for not having an engine in it, thus cannot fail the emissions test. Things such as steering need to be in operation and brakes will pass without servo assistance too :lol: I am pretty sure this will work from what I've heard
LOL

I soooo hope this is true - someone needs to try it ;) :lol:

Bayliss
23-12-2007, 16:48
have you got any pics midge of the car in its current state????