PDA

View Full Version : Nos

lukebartlett2405
30-11-2007, 20:55
Any one used it ?
Worth while or too much stress on an old engine ?

jay s
30-11-2007, 21:20
summah is running a 75 shot on his williams, best speak to him :D

midge
30-11-2007, 22:10
i done alot of research as i was realy looking into this, you will need the progresseive controller to run it safe which isnt cheap, apart from the price n20 is brilliant, easy low 13's, powers there as and when you need it

lukebartlett2405
01-12-2007, 10:40
getting hold of nos is very cheap for me just wondered if the old engine could take it any one know the best kit to go for wet/dry ?

Dr_S
01-12-2007, 14:22
Best to buy kit on ebay from USA.

If you`ll use more than 30HP shoot, than you have to use wet system.

Never use n2o under 4k rpm on old engine.

wavy
01-12-2007, 14:34
the kit im selling is a single fogger type
my friend has used the same on his jeep
it has a micro switch that comes on when you bury the pedal
it worked sweet for him with no ill efects
and is still going strong
it had no upgraded parts and its a suzuki 1300cc jeep

thelynx
01-12-2007, 23:55
If you get a setup from usa, make sure the bottle has the bottle meet uk safety legislation as there rules are different.. If it doesnt you wont be able to fill it in the uk.. I have nos planned at some stage once my hybrid project is done, will be a beast with 50 shot through it.. :shock: :lol: 8)

2 live
02-12-2007, 13:17
personally, i think rather than spend 3-400 on a decent nos kit, and then 40-50 quid a refill.after 5 mins use...id say ur better off gettin an upgrade thats there permanantly...i.e cams/chip etc etc. nos is a last ditch effort to extract the absolute last little bit of power out of ur engine.not the way to start gaining power.

willy3
02-12-2007, 19:15
use a zex system (wet) on the valver trackcar 55bhp shot at the moments, its controlled by the tps rather than a micro switch so only comes in when you floor it, engine is on 100k+ and not had issues, absolutly brill when it comes in but think a programmer would be best bet, more for traction reasons.......

summeh
06-12-2007, 12:42
Right first of all...

Don't buy an American kit! They are crap! You'll find the quality of a WON kit (noswizard.com) much better, custom made solenoids, injectors etc. A properly installed WON kit will see your engine no harm. Same isn't true for an american kit, suggest you do some reading up on that if you don't want to take my work for it!

I'm running a Wizards of NOS direct port set up (1 injector per cylinder), which is the safest option (along with controller) on clio plenum's (so you don't get most nitrous going to cylinders 1 and 2).

Currently I'm running a 75 shot, which should add another 75 in torque as well. **** me does it fly. Just to tell you how good it is, I spanked an M reg M5 at the weekend, then a few hours later raced a Ferrari 360 to 130mph (on a test track), result of that was he beat me by about 3-4 car lengths! The guy was gob smacked and I was well chuffed lol, planning on 100 jets next once I've upgraded my fuel pump and that'll mean I would beat the Ferrari.

My engines done 94k and seems fine. Only thing you need to do first before purchase/install is a compression/leak test on all cylinders. Wizards recommend no more than 5-10% deviation between cylinders.

summeh
06-12-2007, 12:45
use a zex system (wet) on the valver trackcar 55bhp shot at the moments, its controlled by the tps rather than a micro switch so only comes in when you floor it, engine is on 100k+ and not had issues, absolutly brill when it comes in but think a programmer would be best bet, more for traction reasons.......

Mines controlled by a micro switch but is only trigged on WOT. Either way works just as well, the only reason for TPS is if you don't have anywhere suitable to mount the micro switch. It just makes things a bit easier is all.