PDA

View Full Version : Clio 172 head....

Coggi
18-11-2007, 16:08
Does the clio 172 head fit onto the Williams bottom end?

anyone know the part number of the 172 engine compared to the F7P (Is that the willy engine?)

anyone ever heard or done this mod before?

Cheers Matt

MAXIBOY
18-11-2007, 16:11
1 7 2 engine is F4R engine code

willy is F7R engine code

F7P is 1.8 valver lump

why would you want to fit a 1 7 2 head anyway...

J o n
18-11-2007, 16:30
An F7R head is better than an F4R head... so's the engine

Coggi
18-11-2007, 16:36
Ive got a willy engine and head, and just found a 172 head complete on ebay...

just wondered if it was worth trying to fit the two together to get some more power?

Just want as much power as possible for not a lot of cash!!

MAXIBOY
18-11-2007, 22:20
no willy head is good as standard.

spend money or cams or headwork

Neal 19 16v
18-11-2007, 23:02
no chance, they are totally different. Oil galleries/return etc on opposite sides for starters.

Daz.
18-11-2007, 23:46
bit o gaffer tape should see you through :wink:

arj256
19-11-2007, 02:31
bit o gaffer tape should see you through :wink:

Metal tape may last longer :wink:

kj16v
19-11-2007, 11:40

Really?? in what way?? Not saying I don't believe you because I really don't know. But that's something that needs qualifying. Do you know that for a fact or did someone just tell you that. A lot of things that people say on here, and every other forum, is based on unqualified repetition.

Not saying you've done that. Just wanted to know why.

Daz.
19-11-2007, 13:05
Because it is! :lol:

No there is a reason or two but I can't remember what they were

J o n
19-11-2007, 13:17

Really?? in what way?? Not saying I don't believe you because I really don't know. But that's something that needs qualifying. Do you know that for a fact or did someone just tell you that. A lot of things that people say on here, and every other forum, is based on unqualified repetition.

Not saying you've done that. Just wanted to know why.

Just what I've been told and results from headwork on them, can't quantify it with anything solid other than mine and other experiences. I was told why but it goes over my head tbh, I'm only technically minded enough to understand these things at their most basic and the rest is based on trial and error... be it mine or others. Speaking to Andy @ GDI and he can get better results from F7R heads iirc, BenR says you cant get any performance from them and it's not worth it, and Ste at Port Formance managed 13bhp from a mild one of his... different people different results, but headwork on 172's rarely gives much gains... well, I've not heard of anything decent and enough people have had it done.

J o n
02-12-2007, 23:33
but back to back i do know of a 172 head getting gains over a car with a totally idential spec execpt headwork...

peak power was the same, but everywhere else is made more power and alot more torque.....

matty w
03-12-2007, 00:13
but back to back i do know of a 17poo head getting gains over a car with a totally idential spec execpt headwork...

peak power was the same, but everywhere else is made more power and alot more torque.....

the standard heads are cnc machined so there isnt much intolerance,i cant see why people slate the f4r when you can get 190bhp out of them with brathing mods

drsmith1979
03-12-2007, 00:17
i dont think they slate them, i just think they are 'squeezed' from the factory to be efficient and fast, so its harder to get more bhp for the buck.

The willy engine on the other hand has a lot of improvements to be had and can be done fairly cheaply in comparison to the 172 etc... thats all

would be interesting to see what people think of the transplant!