PDA

View Full Version : Carb adjustment v air intake - anyone advise?

u33db
06-06-2005, 15:05
After a bit of help as i'm limited in knowledge on this subject...

basically i went and bought a IK/cone filter for my (50cc) scooter today which, despite it size, i managed to get bolted on. Now unfortunately when i went to test ride it the bike almost dies on full throttle...thinking this was down to the filter i removed it (no filtration at all) but i still get the same problem.

Now what i want to know is, is it conceivable that the carb (it is a 50cc) can't supply enough fuel to match the air intake? I wouldn't have thought so but i've played with the adjustment screws with/without the cone on and i still get the same issue. Or do you think i just need to adjust again (i.e the engine can only take in as much as as it will use/can't 'throttle itself' on too much air despite being reset)?

:?

I'll be happy if it is just an adjustament issue 'cos otherwise thats 30quid on a car IK i've just wasted...

2 live
06-06-2005, 18:26
lol.not too up on bike mechs and makin em quicker mate tbh..but does it have reeds?? iirc to get the better airflow outta bikes for these mods, (maybe for fuel) a derestricted reed valve is needed