PDA

View Full Version : Clio 16v Hybrid 167bhp vs 205 GTI Mi16 on Carbs 182bhp+

seanofnp
31-10-2007, 00:30
Bastard pulled half a car in 3rd then stayed even again then ran out of runway.

****ing thing was rapid. He didnt seem very impressed, i was considering my car keeps up with gts-t skyline r34s running best part of 300bhp.

Both cars were stripped out. Which surprised me because 205s are supposed to be uber light. He had the fronts but no rear cards or seats.

Interesting race, not much round here keeps with my clio at the moment!

bill.
05-11-2007, 11:49
aye, they go like fook them pugs! :twisted:

1995clio16v
06-11-2007, 00:35
Eye,

Said it a few months ago about these, theyre ****ing rapido.

I have a standard 16v with straight through mongoose, de cat pipe, me mate has an mi-16 standard, pretty standard apart from an exhaust.

I dont even bother any more.

Its dangerously quick!

In a nutshell, it embarasses me everytime.

Id like to have a go with him in the country though! I believe theyre a bit crazy to handle!! :wink:

The only consolation for me is that its on ramps more than the 16v is!!! :D

titcharoony
06-11-2007, 10:44
i used to have a 205 1.9 gti, wasnt amazingly quick. bit slower than an r5 turbo aswell. A friend offered to lump a mi-16 engine in it, for a crate of beer only i might add, because he wanted to make room in his garage. For some reason I declined, i think probably at that age for insurance purposes or sumthing stupid like that. Was I a fool? are mi-16 gti 205's to be frightened of?

seanofnp
06-11-2007, 11:00
i wouldnt have thought so, i think it was more due to the fact this ran carbs

bill.
06-11-2007, 15:38
when i had my valver, camm'd,chip, zorst etc and stripped out, my mate put an mi 16 lump in his 205 gti, it left me for dust, think i actually gave up trying against the thing come 3rd gear, then i got my williams, he had put carbs on his by now, not properly set up might i add, and they where neck and neck, chip, filter and zorst on mine, i have another friend with a very well set up mi16 on carbs, longman head, cams etc.................and its ****ing rapid! 13 second 1/4's.

So i guess there a bit like all cars, some go and some dont, depends on what state of tune there in, so tackle them with care, you never know :shock: