PDA

View Full Version : f7p chipping

schakal
21-10-2007, 10:34
anyone on here used them "super chips " on the standard
valver engine before ??
whats the conclusion on these ,yay or gahey ???

Mr.AdamB
21-10-2007, 11:34
i tested a few chips on my old valvers (powerchps, super chips and another 1) but i found that non of them was anygood. tbh yeah they rev high! but infact it makes over all time i got at pod slower. standard limiter, good ss exhaust and decat with decent airintake good sevice is best thing u can do to a valver,

most gave a revlimit of 7800 which was STUPID IMO!!!! lol

the best run i got was with tu the chip with standard lmiter and good serviced engine :)

Lunner
21-10-2007, 12:11
Check with gunner what chips he has, you might find some are very similar to the above

schakal
21-10-2007, 12:16
i tested a few chips on my old valvers (powerchps, super chips and another 1) but i found that non of them was anygood. tbh yeah they rev high! but infact it makes over all time i got at pod slower. standard limiter, good ss exhaust and decat with decent airintake good sevice is best thing u can do to a valver,

most gave a revlimit of 7800 which was STUPID IMO!!!! lol

the best run i got was with tu the chip with standard lmiter and good serviced engine :)

well if all they do is to raise the rev limiter thats no good
in fact i would think ,a chip of that sort would feck up
the engine in no time :?

i was looking for something that would actually
improve the pull in the low rev range (below 3.5/4k )

lunner : dont think gunner does chips for f7p s mate ?? :roll:

Mr.AdamB
21-10-2007, 13:09
tbh i dotn thnk any 1.8 16v chip will work lol.

+ dotn see he point unless u have cams and headwork. wotn rly make a difference to a std engine unless u get it remapped properly but even then it wont be much.

number1
21-10-2007, 19:22
i had a clio coupe chip as seen on ebay, and the difference was impressive tbh, gave a similar gain to my gunnerchip did on my f7r, nice high rev limit and smoother but my old red valver had a freak of a 1.8 anyway, cammed etc and drank no oil whatsoever :?

Dave

105epwr
21-11-2007, 22:20
HI i have a "clio cup" chip in my 1.8 valver with a 8000rpm limiter with a very sound motor it pulls to that allday everyday and has done for a yr now.i also have a williams 2.0l f7r in a trackcar with a "superchip"chip with a 7,220 limiter i find it hits the limiter to quick,essp around the track i had my 1.8 around rockingham on a set of slicks in which i overtook my work mate in a 3.2 911!!!as i found it amazing of how it pulled me out of corners in second gear and still had rpm left and not cornring on the limiter @7200 and changing to 3rd and not having the rpm there to pull it out of a corner!

steveo
01-12-2007, 19:12
I got a chip off ebay £40 and thought it was a complete waste of money for my Valver. Didn't run as well and couldn't feel any difference. In the end I put the standard ECU back in. My advice don't waste ur money.

Mr.AdamB
01-12-2007, 19:22
ive never found a chip that actually made and difference to my valvers it was better with out the chip!! ive used 3 types of chip also.

unless u got cams etc then there is no point IMO!

richy
01-12-2007, 21:44
the chip i got off Mr.AdamB was a powerchips, didnt notice any particular increase in power but no loss noted, it revs to 7500/7800 depending temps etc

the big thing i noticed was on track being able to hold on a touch longer in certain corners etc, esp at donington as i did that without the chip then 2 week later with the chip

Wobba
06-12-2007, 18:19
When I had my first valver in 1994 I had it Superchipped. I did notice it picked up on throttle a tiny bit quicker and seemed a smoother drive in terms of power delivery. It may have been my imagination though.