PDA

View Full Version : best modifications

m4rkj
08-10-2007, 21:00
just wondering wot ppl would recommend also the costs of them but will still be 100% reliable cheers

MAXIBOY
08-10-2007, 22:39
can you narrow it down a bit, engine chassis etc.

wavy
08-10-2007, 23:11
if i had a valver it would be wide track or 2L bottom end

matty
09-10-2007, 07:31
1st check all components like spark plugs, leads, dizzy, rotor, oil, coolant etc as easiest way to get power back is to replace any worn or knackered items.

If you have an open Induction kit they tend to suck hot air in so replace with a sealed Induction kit or a standard airbox with new filter.

My Valver came with Magnex stainless steel exhaust. I replaced a K&N open Induction kit with a sealed BMC CDA and then got decat and BBPT chip fitted which resulted in 148bhp but the chip raised the rev limiter and made the car more easy to drive in traffic. Low temp fan switch mods also made it run cooler.

Then I replaced the standard old and worn suspension with coilovers and they made the car more fun and breathed new life into it. Would say the chip and coilovers were best mods.

Finally gone 2 litre route with a remapped 190bhp engine and that is the most expensive grin factor but worth it.

All depends what you already have and what you want to spend.

m4rkj
09-10-2007, 17:58
can you narrow it down a bit, engine chassis etc.
im after the best engine mods its a williams2 with just a full mongoose with de-cat atm.ive tried induction kits but no of them seem to fit ie bmc etc cheers

MAXIBOY
09-10-2007, 20:38
speak to stan. but i,d start with a scuttle induction kit then cams then headwork. then a remap.