PDA

View Full Version : set of all 4 brake calipers for williams

finlay
28-09-2007, 07:19
hi

as i have snapped all the bleed points inside my brake calipers i need to buy new front and back calipers (complete calipers) for my Williams

has any one got a set for sale ? STD or aftermarket/performance

must be in good working condition and the bleed points must be servicable ie unsiezed and in good condition

if you reply could you attach a photo of all 4 calipers and all 4 bleed points

much appriciated

cheers

Finlay

AndyFielder
28-09-2007, 07:29
I have Front calipers and im 90% sure i have rear calipers too.

Andy

finlay
28-09-2007, 07:33
I have Front calipers and im 90% sure i have rear calipers too.

Andy
what condition are the bleed points in ?

cheers

AndyFielder
28-09-2007, 08:29
pretty sure mint.

The fronts were of my car.. as i have now got 4 pots and the rears came off ok i think.

When you do em next time i would suggest checking you have a proper union spanner or a ring spanner. I dont quite get how a 4 are broken now.

When i did mine my mate feckd up a union not using a union spannerso i had to get a pipe flaring kit etc etc.

Andy

midge
28-09-2007, 16:13
if Andy doesnt sell you his i have a full set.

u33db
28-09-2007, 16:54
hi

as i have snapped all the bleed points inside my brake calipers i need to buy new front and back calipers (complete calipers) for my Williams

must be in good working condition and the bleed points must be servicable ie unsiezed and in good condition

much appriciated

cheers

Finlay

Get yourself over to persley scrapyard at danestone m8, i was there 2 weeks ago and they had an rsi plus several diesels that you could get the front calipers off.

finlay
28-09-2007, 18:00
if Andy doesnt sell you his i have a full set.

interested what is the condition of them, i am concerned about the bleed points

cheers

finlay
28-09-2007, 18:01
hi

much appriciated

cheers

Finlay

Get yourself over to persley scrapyard at danestone m8, i was there 2 weeks ago and they had an rsi plus several diesels that you could get the front calipers off.

are they the same size/spec ?

finlay
28-09-2007, 18:04
pretty sure mint.

The fronts were of my car.. as i have now got 4 pots and the rears came off ok i think.

When you do em next time i would suggest checking you have a proper union spanner or a ring spanner. I dont quite get how a 4 are broken now.

When i did mine my mate feckd up a union not using a union spannerso i had to get a pipe flaring kit etc etc.

Andy

they were rusted to fook with no fltats left on them so i tried mole grips with no luck then a stilston wrench and they just sheared off much to my joy

i thought about drilling and tapping them but decided just to renew the whole lot

u33db
28-09-2007, 18:07
The carrier isn't but the caliper is...you can get get the calipers off and reuse your carriers.

16v caliper = rsi caliper = 1.9 diesel caliper (if on vented discs) = gtt caliper. Possbly also megane mk1 calipers and clio mk2 16v calipers as well but not sure on these two.

Hope this helps.

I've actually got two 16v calipers in my garage but i need them for the rt otherwise you could have had them...

finlay
28-09-2007, 18:07
pretty sure mint.

Andy

if its not to much trouble could you attach photos plz

cheers

AndyFielder
28-09-2007, 19:16
sure.. im at Hendon this weekend, will try and find them in the dark tonight if i dont then monday next week.

finlay
29-09-2007, 07:12
sure.. im at Hendon this weekend, will try and find them in the dark tonight if i dont then monday next week.

no probz

finlay
29-09-2007, 07:14
The carrier isn't but the caliper is...you can get get the calipers off and reuse your carriers.

16v caliper = rsi caliper = 1.9 diesel caliper (if on vented discs) = gtt caliper. Possbly also megane mk1 calipers and clio mk2 16v calipers as well but not sure on these two.

Hope this helps.

I've actually got two 16v calipers in my garage but i need them for the rt otherwise you could have had them...

cheers for the info