PDA

View Full Version : 1996 Valver £600

pat_986
24-09-2007, 22:13
Time to move on..... Had the car for about 3 1/2years, loved my time with it, but decided to save up for something newer.

I brought the car on 88ish K, it had recently had a new HG, all new valves & top end rebuild after a cam belt snap. After about 1 year I replaced the clutch after it exploded, & did a full service at the time including a cam belt kit.
Over the years I have replaced;
Suspension, (fronts are Koni's), brake disks, lines, callipers on the front, all wheel bearings, exhaust, all engine mounts, starter motor, alternator, battery, wishbones, track rod ends, driveshaft’s, ARB bushes, HT leads, dizzy cap, rotor arm, had a toad alarm fitted, and regularly serviced it, coolant, plugs, oil, gbox oil, brake fluid, PSfluid, ect ect ect.

I can’t think of much more, but I'm sure if you can think of any normal stuff I have done that as well!
The car is now on 113k.

Oh, a new bulkhead heat shield, and some nice OZ Ultraleggeras in 15's.

I think the MOT runs out mid Nov, and sure it has tax until the early part of next year. I will confirm…

The bodywork is where the car is very badly let down. I am ashamed to say it is very poor.
There is a small dent in the bonnet where I hit a small deer.
A small bit of flaking paint on the front bumper from a pressure washer.
The driver’s side sill has a massive hole in it, (although I do have a spare) and the rear arch has really poor paint. I repaired the rust, but painted it in the hot weather, and it is a flat as a pancake! There is also a hole in the rear tailgate at the bottom by the drain point.

The tyres are getting near the legal limit and the sunroof needs a new motor.
The private plate will be removed.

So, nice car, drives great, but with poor bodywork. I'm a bit flexible with the price, and may consider selling the wheels separately, but would need some PH's two's or similar in PX.

Sorry this ad is such a jumble, I just wanted to get something posted and will add more as it is requested.
I' located in Oxford. Call me on 07917845763 or email patrick.sheldon-battle@oup.com

Thanks

Some pics from about two months ago (will add more soon)

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c217/pat_986/03052007167.jpg

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c217/pat_986/03052007164.jpg

chris16v
25-09-2007, 18:39
m8 what condition are the alloys?? fancy a swop 4 not bad condition willy alloys???

pat_986
25-09-2007, 20:23
m8 what condition are the alloys?? fancy a swop 4 not bad condition willy alloys???

Wheels are good, one is a bit curbed, but the others are good. Tyres are nearly dead.

Bad news is I'm not going to swap, I need cash my way, and some cheap alloys to sell the car on. Will think about selling them depending on what interest I get on the car.

Thanks

pat_986
02-10-2007, 12:47
Can admin please change the title to £600. No offers.

Thanks

pat_986
03-10-2007, 13:47
Thanks

BigChris
15-01-2008, 22:11
still got this for sale?

thanks

chris

pat_986
15-01-2008, 22:23
Sorry mate, not at the moment. It will be on here if i decide to though.