PDA

View Full Version : PC motherboard?

Purple
14-09-2007, 04:25
Question for PC hardware DIYers.
Is there a micro-atx motherboard that runs Intel core2duo and SLi?
Been googling for the past half day and cannot find such a combination.

Daz.
14-09-2007, 10:54
I'll have a look for ya but I doubt it very very much - theres hardly enough room on a micro for any current gfx card let alone two!

I'm also not aure if they do micro-atx psu's (assuming your putting it in a micro case) that would be high enough rated to run them in SLI..

What you thinking of building?

Daz.
14-09-2007, 10:56
Oh and theres deffo no crossifre ones - I looked into it before I went all 'fook it' and went oem :lol:

Lasted 2 weeks and so did my dell warranty!! Only wanted it for the monitor and speakers I guess 8)

Purple
14-09-2007, 13:26
I'll have a look for ya but I doubt it very very much - theres hardly enough room on a micro for any current gfx card let alone two!

What you thinking of building?
Ya, quite a few C2D matx mobos with 1 PCI-E (16x) but can't find any SLi. I think, physically there should be just enough room to squeeze in the 2 slots on matx but nothing else. Seems like no one building them.

Just getting a bit bored with my current home PC. Want to build an E6850 C2D PC in a smallish and quiet casing with occasionally gaming (mostly 1st/3rd person shooters or driving simulation, hence the SLi requirement).

Daz.
14-09-2007, 15:11
I reckon they wont due to the fact they'd have to remove a lower speed pci port..

Plus I guess if you want a killer setup most people go full size - rubbish eh!

Purple
14-09-2007, 16:08
As JFK said: we do these things not because it's easy, we do them because it's hard. An ATX board would be too easy and I would cobble something together in half a day. Now, where's the fun in that? :) I usually research and tinker with my DIY PC for months before I am completely happy with it. I don't mind losing the PCI slots as most everything are on the boards these days. I guess the matx/Sli c2d PC not quite feasible just yet.