PDA

View Full Version : New Williams/16V Rear beam bushes.

ian
11-09-2007, 14:01
New Offside and Nearside required.
I have spoken to Renault and you can only purchase the offside now.

Many thanks Ian

Budji
13-09-2007, 17:45
if you mean the ones at either end of the rear beam where it mounts to the chassis, I recently got some for my missus RT, mounts and all, had to be shipped in from reno dieppe, not cheap at all!!

ian
13-09-2007, 18:40
if you mean the ones at either end of the rear beam where it mounts to the chassis, I recently got some for my missus RT, mounts and all, had to be shipped in from reno dieppe, not cheap at all!!

Hi Budji

Thanks for the information. Did you purchase these through Renault as they have advised me that the Near side is now no longer available.

Budji
13-09-2007, 18:43
yeah I did mate, only a few months ago too, thing is I couldnt get the bushes themselves anywhere, had to buy the mount to chassis including the bush, even with my 15% discount at reno still cost something stoopid like £160 per side :shock: :shock:

wasnt a good month really!!

schakal
13-09-2007, 18:49

i am pretty sure rt rear beam is of the closed type where
as 16v and williams have open type bars and obviously bushes
differ .
did the bush kit look like this for the rt by any chance mate ??
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h241/renaultparts/R916V-0002.jpg

Budji
13-09-2007, 19:29
yeah they're diferent in that case mate, they dont do a bush kit for the RT anymore so I had to buy the bloody thing inc mount :x

can you not use the same kit for both sides?

ian
13-09-2007, 20:08
yeah they're diferent in that case mate, they dont do a bush kit for the RT anymore so I had to buy the bloody thing inc mount :x

can you not use the same kit for both sides?
Mine is completely different, On my 16V the bush inside the mount in made of rubber.

Budji
14-09-2007, 10:39
sounds like the bit I was on about :wink: