PDA

View Full Version : recirc blow off valves

lewis_willy2
06-09-2007, 16:59
im hunting for a good dump valve for my williams turbo and my friend has one of these for sale?

what do people recon? of shall i just get a piston dump valve?

lewis

lewis_willy2
06-09-2007, 17:02
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Forge-SPLIT-R-The-Splitter-a-Recirc-and-Blow-Of-Valve_W0QQitemZ200082983794QQihZ010QQcategoryZ7220 5QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

Scougar
06-09-2007, 17:14
What a waste of money on that one above.

Just get a decent recirc dump valve. HKS do them, but sure other manufactures do them as well.

With a decent air filter and removing any resonators to reduce sound, the Recirc will still have a decent noise coming from it but sound more natural (factory).

To be honest, not sure how it works on clios, but on Nissans, it AFM measured so air in is the total of the air going in, and if you blow air of, rather than recircing, you'll get a nice sound but overfuelling on every gear change (which means black smoke on hard acceleration :( ).

If you have a MAF setup and it's just based entirely on a map and not the air taken in, then get a bov if you really care about the noise.

Oh one last thing. You have the option of pigeon as well (NO bov or recirc dump valve basically, which basically causes turbo stall and the 'pigeon' noise of the air passing back through the blades). Below 1 bar it's pretty harmless, but don't run it if you want a long life turbo on higher boost.

Basic recommendation, get a decent re-circ lol.

Matthew

lewis_willy2
06-09-2007, 17:20
well i can get the one above for half the price?

jus not sure on whether how it works and would the williams benefit from it?

my friend did say that normal dump valves do suffer from overfuelling with this it doesnt.

lewis

Scougar
06-09-2007, 17:29
If it's blowing air out into the atmosphere then it is a BOV plain and simple.

I would honestly get a dedicated recirc item, or if not grab one of a 200sx (s14/s14a, s13's don't normally have them), and use grub screw to fill the small 'leak' whole. I doubt it's gonna be a show piece?

The idea about bov is simple. To keep the turbine spinning as fast as possible by releasing any return pressure before it can slow the turbo down. Trouble is, once that pressure is released.. it has to be built back up again.. which means lagggggg.

With a recirc, the air pressure is already there, and then is quickly spun up to enough speed anyway.

I haven't looked at that forge one, but trying to do 2 things at once sounds inefficient. It sounds more like a partial bleed unit. I haven't read the ebay stuff to be honest.

Matthew

Coops
07-09-2007, 21:02
piston dump valve is fine mate, i run one operated off absolute inlet mani pressure alone. lag aint too bad, but am not runnin an FMIC so less pipework for the chargecooler setup

lewis_willy2
08-09-2007, 10:03
ive gotta sort all the pipe work out for the manifold n actuator n dump valve so if you got diagrams m8 would really help?

stan
08-09-2007, 12:12
Clio is MAP based correction, so recirc is ideal. They help spool up time...which is more important than noise in most cases!

lewis_willy2
08-09-2007, 12:47
thats what i thought

prob buy the one above of my m8