PDA

View Full Version : Williams Vs Saxo VTR

simonr85
04-09-2007, 09:02
Yes you read it right........

Last night i was having a nice drive down a very long straight private road and spotted a saxo coming other way go past me then do a U turn and come following me ( i later found out he wanted to know if it was a real williams)

So i kindly floored it off and too my surprise he werent getting further and further away like i expected, anyway after a mile or so i had to slow down due to traffic ahead, this quickly cleared and off we were again..... this time i pulled in a bit and let him overtake, i had to let off a few times in 3rd and 4th to stop goin up his ass but it was shifting considering he had 2 in and i was on my own.

After another mile or 2 of straights he pulled in to side street and i followed to see what he had done to his VTS, to my shock he said its not a VTS its a VTR mate, i strapped a turbo on it last week, so i had a look and sure enough he had a T2 on it, he said its all on standard management and internals and running 4psi of boost. Now this got me thinking, ive got a VTR in my garage at home so took his number and he said parts will cost me about £300 for a turbo.

Anyway after much talking i decided to go home but asked him for another quick blast, and he agreed, i went in front this time and didnt get very far away probs about 5 car lengths by 100 ish, its hard to say as was concentrating but he did say he had been doing type R's and imprezas to 100, is it to do with the weight as the engine is only 90bhp and a turbo will giv him what? 30bhp at most? does it being an 8v also help for low down grunt?

Anyway all in all a fun night