PDA

View Full Version : 16 VALVE /WILLIAMS rear beam

cliorod
30-08-2007, 11:25
As stated,my mate has bent the rear beam :oops: :oops: ,on his rally car.
Would be easier if someone in the Midlands had one for sale,~~ he will arrange to pick it up.He will however arrange to pick it up from anywhere.Not bothered about calipers/discs etc so long as the beam is from a non~ accident damaged car :wink: :wink: ~~ Price and availability please
Rod

GT-Facer
30-08-2007, 11:37
I have one.
I'm in North Yorkshire though.

tebotsc
30-08-2007, 16:11
got one huddersfield though ring text 07904045712 or mail tebotsc@googlemail.com

cliorod
30-08-2007, 22:41
Many thanks,for all the offers :roll: :wink: :roll: I have passed the infomation to my mate for him to decide
Regards
Rod. :wink:

AndyFielder
30-08-2007, 23:23
i have one in london!

number1
08-09-2007, 20:41
i have one, Cornwall tho, free to a good home... provided you come take it off... Pm me

Dave

cliorod
14-09-2007, 17:44
Hi
Many thanks for all the emails,phone calls etc over obtaining a beam :wink: :wink: .Very much appreciated.
However my mate :) :) Ian ~~ who has posted a request for rear beam bushes elsewhere on here :wink: :wink: Informs me that on stripping everything off the old beam :shock: :shock: :shock: .It would appear that the bushes are "goosed" :shock: :shock: ~~~ an engineers term for Fooked !!!!! :oops: :oops: causing the "toe ~ out" on the wheels.
Being a very bright "Brummie" lad :lol: :lol: (old git !!! :oops: ) He is going to get the stubs ground down to take a 40mm needle roller bearing,which he will press into either nylon/rubber bush and reassemble them into the arms etc :shock: :shock: :wink: :wink:
Will keep you posted on how it works out
Thanks from him for everyones efforts.

Lunner
17-09-2007, 09:10
If he finds he needs one i ahve one, based about an hour or so south of Birmingham

ian
26-09-2007, 16:21
If he finds he needs one i ahve one, based about an hour or so south of Birmingham

Hi Lunner

Is the rear beam still available.

Regards

Ian

ian
26-09-2007, 17:48

After spending time designing and making the new rear bushes still found that the beam is toeing out 8 degrees. Its obviously well bent.

Lunner
26-09-2007, 20:07

Hi Lunner

Regards

Ian

PMed you back, forgot to put, i'll be in coventry for uni next week, defo monday, will know more once my timetable is sorted and then week after hopefully starting a job in Frankley, west brum

ian
26-09-2007, 20:08

After spending time designing and making the new rear bushes still found that the beam is toeing out 8 degrees. Its obviously well bent.

0.8 degrees 1.6 degrees overall toeing out(missed decimal place out)

ian
26-09-2007, 20:09

Hi Lunner

Regards

Ian

PMed you back, forgot to put, i'll be in coventry for uni next week, defo monday, will know more once my timetable is sorted and then week after hopefully starting a job in Frankley, west brum

Cheers lunner Ill give you a ring next week.