PDA

View Full Version : Can i use somebodys vin number?

simonr85
14-08-2007, 14:56
Im trying to order a part of renault but the want my chassis no. starting with VF1 C57M, i have my log book with me at work now but not my car so im not going to be able to order the part and get it today and the chassis number in my log book doesnt start with VF1 C57M so they cant get me the part,

so can i use someone elses? or is it dodgy as not sure what the chassis number is for? is it to prevent ringers? if so i understand no1 will want to let me use there number to order my clutch cable

Andyvalver
14-08-2007, 14:58
What part is it? They should only need your reg.

simonr85
14-08-2007, 15:02
What part is it? They should only need your reg.
a clutch cable, i thought they would only need my reg, but its my mum who is ringing up to order and she has text me sayin they are asking for the code starting in vf1 c57m?

simonr85
14-08-2007, 15:38
they say its because its an import? so are all willys imports?

willywayne
14-08-2007, 17:53
I ordered a clutch cable and clutch pedal from Renault, just needed my reg for the clutch cable,

but they were arsey about the clutch pedal, said i had to go to the branch/dealer and pay the money first before they ordered it, so i drove up there only to be told they was going to order one and didn't need the money up front :roll: :evil:

So i had to drive back home, only to go up the next day to get it!!

Dicks! but if you want genuine Renault, you gotta do it :roll:

BRUN
17-08-2007, 23:39
C57M is the chassis/model code for the car, as far as i know this isnt part of the vin number

summeh
18-08-2007, 00:18
all they need to know is that its a C57M (willy). Don't see why they would need a full chassis number, thats a bit silly really.