PDA

View Full Version : Mobile Camera Vans

Dno194
14-08-2007, 13:46
Hi Peeps

Am worried I might be done for speeding on the A3 (50 limit) at about 90-95. Am waiting to see if I get a NIP through. Got a couple of questions though:

Have you ever passed a mobile camera van sat on a motorway bridge whilst speeding and never heard anything since?

Are these normally manned by more than one person?

I could see one guy in the van, but not sitting behind the camera.

Thanks

Deano

simonr85
14-08-2007, 15:40
sorry mate but i got done by 1 of these 3hours after owning the willy at 93mph

Dno194
14-08-2007, 15:58
Hello mate

What did you get? Points? Ban? Fine? Blue Peter Badge?

Illusion
14-08-2007, 16:44
Mobile camera on the A3!!! They've already got enough Gatso's down there - the basti'ds!

Can't really comment on the mobile ones mate, but I know a few people who have been flashed along there (myself included) with a Gatso and nothing came through....Then again we were doing 60 tops.

Matty86
14-08-2007, 17:15
I went tearing past one through wiltshire on the A303 whilst annoying a BMW driver ;)

Never heard anything thank god!! The camera looked to be manned by someone in the back of the van

also, there is a dual carriageway in Eastbourne thats fairly long, straight etc.. and is 40mph. I was going along one evening at about 45 (it was completely empty and slightly dusky so i couldnt see him until it was too late) but again never heard anything

Also had a moment on another dual carriageway where it goes from NSL to 50mph for a roundabout - personally I just like braking later :? - was doing about 60mph flowing with the rest of the traffic and never heard anything either. That one though, it looked like the officer wasn't paying attention to the camera... not sure if any are automated or not?

I hate mobile cameras - sneaky bastards :( (yes I know don't speed in the first place bla bla bla)

Dno194
14-08-2007, 17:45
I went tearing past one through wiltshire on the A303 whilst annoying a BMW driver ;)

Never heard anything thank god!! The camera looked to be manned by someone in the back of the van

also, there is a dual carriageway in Eastbourne thats fairly long, straight etc.. and is 40mph. I was going along one evening at about 45 (it was completely empty and slightly dusky so i couldnt see him until it was too late) but again never heard anything

Also had a moment on another dual carriageway where it goes from NSL to 50mph for a roundabout - personally I just like braking later :? - was doing about 60mph flowing with the rest of the traffic and never heard anything either. That one though, it looked like the officer wasn't paying attention to the camera... not sure if any are automated or not?

I hate mobile cameras - sneaky bastards :( (yes I know don't speed in the first place bla bla bla)

Normally there are two tecnicians in the mobile camera vans, and they have to manually point and click at the offending target. A lot of detectors don't pick these up until they pull the trigger and the laser is scattered, so you don't stand much chance unless they are not watching the road.

simonr85
15-08-2007, 15:31
Hello mate

What did you get? Points? Ban? Fine? Blue Peter Badge?

3 POINTS + £60 fine was on the motorway though,

and the annoying thing is that everywhere i get caught speeding is not in the county where i live and they never have speed awareness courses so have to take the points, yet if i had of been caught in lancashire, where i live then i would have no points

Jimbo5000
15-08-2007, 22:41
I would expect to get something through mate. Does usually take a couple of weeks.

I got done by a mobile camera on the A14 a few years back in my old 16V - 3 points and £60 fine for doing 82mph. Fortunately for me my points expire next month :D

If you were doing less than 100mph then I would expect the same points and fine.

Dno194
16-08-2007, 08:31
Cheers guys. Have been stressing about it, but I'll save that for when and if I get anything through.

summeh
16-08-2007, 09:42
Hi Peeps

Am worried I might be done for speeding on the A3 (50 limit) at about 90-95.

Where abouts on the A3? Guildford or hindhead road works?? To be honest twice the speed limit, shouldn't have been going that fast in the first place eh? :wink: or do you mean just as you come out of london where it's 3 lanes and a 50?

summeh
16-08-2007, 09:44
Mobile camera on the A3!!! They've already got enough Gatso's down there - the basti'ds!

There are no gatso's this side of the M25 ?

Illusion
16-08-2007, 10:28

There are no gatso's this side of the M25 ?

The have them between Guildford and New Malden. There's at least 3 I can think off the top of my head between the New Malden and Tolworth Junction alone, and then there's even more going down the Ewell By-Pass.

This is a pretty good site if no one has used it before.
http://www.speedcamerasuk.com/database/GL

Ian

Dno194
16-08-2007, 13:10
Hi Peeps

Am worried I might be done for speeding on the A3 (50 limit) at about 90-95.

Where abouts on the A3? Guildford or hindhead road works?? To be honest twice the speed limit, shouldn't have been going that fast in the first place eh? :wink: or do you mean just as you come out of london where it's 3 lanes and a 50?

Am not sure whereabouts tbh. Was being directed by a friend using his sat nav. Was going an alternate route towards the M27 as the M25 was stuffed. We came off at the A21 originally then took the A23(?). It was two lanes not three where I think I got caught.

The road bends round to the left, only bend for miles! I thought it was a 70 dual carraigeway, but a guy at work reckons it has been dropped to a 50 but I don't know for sure.