PDA

View Full Version : LSD

GT-Facer
06-08-2007, 14:15
Been thinking about the possibility of putting a LSD in my hybrid.
Does anyone know where i could get one from? And what sort of price i would be looking at?

Has anyone on here got one? Think it's a worth while purchase?

Cheers

MAXIBOY
06-08-2007, 14:38
i have one a gripper type lsd. think there a good buy if your having the box rebuilt as they remove the weak circlip retention method.
haven,t done loads of miles on mine but theres a definite improvement on the the way it drives and puts the power down.

bb tuning sell them for around 800 notes.

got my box rebuilt shot peened, polished gearset and all sorts of little mods plus gripper diff for around 1200 quid

Matt_16v
06-08-2007, 15:04
Maxi, is that a Williams or a 16v box?

MAXIBOY
06-08-2007, 15:13
started with a williams as it was a stronger box. then had it rebuilt

Tommo
07-08-2007, 11:52
Been thinking about the possibility of putting a LSD in my hybrid.
Does anyone know where i could get one from? And what sort of price i would be looking at?

Has anyone on here got one? Think it's a worth while purchase?

Cheers

I have a Gripper LSD, it was fitted by the original owner who used the car for Hillclimbs. They are a good piece of kit, traction and handling is fantastic, but they are big £££'s. If you are interested it would be worth speaking to Tom Seal at DR Engineering, they manufacture the Gripper Diffs, he would be able to give you all the info you need.

http://www.racecar.co.uk/gripper/

GT-Facer
07-08-2007, 12:23
You'll need one in yours maxiboy! Think it would b a bit "spinny" if you didn't! :twisted:

I was thinking about it for handeling more than anything, more of just a thought though. Think 800 notes is a bit much for the spec of my clio. Heard you could get quaife ones for Nova's for around £500 which is why i was thinking about it.
Maybe in the future. Think head work is next on my list.

Thanks for the info guys