PDA

View Full Version : throttle body gains?

rossdj1983
05-08-2007, 19:23
being a turbo nut im a bit unsure about na tuning. im wondering with a nice bit off head work on my williams what sort of extra gains would i see from a throttle body conversion?

richy
05-08-2007, 19:29
i beleive Danclio had jenvey bodies/KMS management and catcams and his made 198bhp, no headwork and std b/e i think

martins old white hybrid made 220bhp+ with bodies/headwork/cams and a std b/e again

not sure if many others are running throttle bodies tbh, im sure they will post if they are!

rossdj1983
05-08-2007, 20:22
the only problem i face is that if i go down that road, then im gonna have to ditch the stock exhaust, which to be honest im not to keen on doing cause i ant a chav. cant it working to good with throttle bodys one end and stock exhaust the other

richy
05-08-2007, 20:27
yes you will be best getting a full system/manifold/decat etc tbh

and having a exhaust system dont make you a chav lol, i have a scorpion system on my car and its very quiet tbh, you cant hear it over the green filter lol also my car has no interior and sound proofing!

plenty of exhauts systems out there and plenty of custom options

rossdj1983
05-08-2007, 20:31
so the scorpion is reasonable sounding? i dont mind it so much when i open it up, its just when normal driving, dont want to look like a cock

how much and where from mate

drsmith1979
05-08-2007, 21:11
'i dont want to look like a cock' - you're driving a clio though you do realise? 8)

haha only joking. If you dont like it too loud i wouldnt bother with a de-cat or at least go for a 'silenced decat' rather than the normal kind. Mongoose systems are great for breathing but are loud, especially with a normal decat!

rossdj1983
05-08-2007, 21:14
i got a mongoose at the mo, but im going back to stock, the fit is crap and your right- to loud

Coops
05-08-2007, 21:32
its a personal choice with exhausts, try a few on the second hand market as you can buy and sell them on. typical ones are:

scorpion
mongoose
ashley
magnex
devil (if u can get hold of one)
powerflow

Allan
05-08-2007, 22:18
i had a mongoose was way too loud, replaced it with a scorp and it sounds just right now, not too loud, even had some of my dads friends comment on how nice it sounds + my dad hates loud exhausts and wouldnt let me keep the mongoose was worried about the neighbours complaining lol.

Has a nice rasp to it with out being too loud i.e at tick over you get a little burble, 30 its slightly louder then standard 70 you can hear it on a motor way but its not a boom, on hard acceleration it is slightly loud but i can live with that

Piper
06-08-2007, 21:01
its a personal choice with exhausts, try a few on the second hand market as you can buy and sell them on. typical ones are:

scorpion
mongoose
ashley
magnex
devil (if u can get hold of one)
powerflow

My Devil exhaust is really loud !!! People dont sit in the back of my car its that loud

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

richy
06-08-2007, 21:07
my scorpion is very quiet in comparison to other systems, im running a supersprint manifold/silenced decat with the scorpion system(had normal decat before but didnt notice any change tbh)

coops has followed me before with the same system on my williams and now my 16v! so he can vouch for how it sounds :wink:

drsmith1979
07-08-2007, 00:22
how much are scorpion zorsts? my fave type!

Coops
07-08-2007, 11:16
richy's sounds :twisted: :twisted: with the stainless manifold aswell, really adds a racing rasp to the note