PDA

View Full Version : CLIO HYBRID £1500 ONO

VIPERONE
05-08-2007, 18:10
For sale is my clio hybrid.... it is currently stripped out and half way there for being a track car. It is by no way in a mint condition but it isnt too bad.. arches are going... and sun roof is sagged, i have provided pics and vids to show this.

Current Spec:

Engine:

2l Megane F7r 710 Bottom end with 50k on
Clio 1.8 16v head (fully rebuilt 12k ago)
reground cams (only slightly lumpy idle)
ECU is a Williams one with Gunnerchip installed for spec of car. i will alsosupply 3 different maps and a 1.8 MOT ecu-has immobiliser on mot ecu)
Induction is provided via Gunner Scuttle Panel MOD sounds great
Good healty OIl pressure on start up 3 then goes to 6 bar when driving... drops to a constant 3 then when warm
Exhaust is a powerflow full stainless system

Drive Train and other:

Box is slick, doesnt crunch is a R19 Phase 1 box- believed to be one of the strongest boxes(Chris from retro renault)
Clutch has been replaced within 200 miles as has the clutch pedal, spring,bush and cable.
New pivot bush fitted to box
R19 Mount fitted
sequential shift light
Willy Clocks,Nob and door cards
WILLIAMS WIDETRACK WITH NEW FROM RENAULT DRIVE SHAFTS (200 MILES ON THEM NOW)
WILLIAMS WHEELS in ok order would benefit from a refurb
4 x Good Year Eagle F1 tyres all with plenty of rubber on.
Williams3 decals and 2.0 side strips
Clio 172 Cup Springs
2 c cobra bucket seats... only 1 installed
2 x 4 point harnesses- one is a luke aircraft buckle style harness £££

niggles and gremlins:

Wheel arches are going
sagged sunroof which leaks
slight play in column and n/s wheel wobbles on full left lock ( prob a ball joint track rod end or tracking)
engine sometimes taps on start up / cold.(solved with tappett solution- lasts for 200k then taps again when cold- nowt to worry about.. i should of renewed tappets when i had the head rebuilt)
odd scratches here and there
starter some times just clicks.. but a few turns of the key and it fires up... again nothing to fuss about been like that for ages.

Priced at a mere £1500 ono i'd have it as a track car just needs lowering and a piece of metal riveting over the sun roof, or you could flog the seats e..

you could even break it.....if it goes i will also throw in quite a few spares ( spare 432 bonnet, wings in 449 x 3, rad , iscv, throttle bods, black mint rocker cover, spare inlet.

Im selling because i have a new toy arriving and i cant keep 3 cars on the street :-(

VIPERONE
05-08-2007, 18:37
CAR COMES WITH TAX TILL 31/8/07 MOT TILL SEPT 20TH
and only 1 key.

Private PLate will not be coming with car i have sold that and car will be on an N plate when i switch it over this week.

PICS:
Http://gunner.niggy.co.uk/arch.jpg
Http://gunner.niggy.co.uk/boot.jpg
Http://gunner.niggy.co.uk/dash1.jpg
Http://gunner.niggy.co.uk/front1.jpg
Http://gunner.niggy.co.uk/front2.jpg
Http://gunner.niggy.co.uk/rear1.jpg
Http://gunner.niggy.co.uk/rear2.jpg
Http://gunner.niggy.co.uk/side1.jpg
Http://gunner.niggy.co.uk/side2.jpg
Http://gunner.niggy.co.uk/side3.jpg
Http://gunner.niggy.co.uk/seat1.jpg
Http://gunner.niggy.co.uk/sagged roof.jpg
Http://gunner.niggy.co.uk/induk.jpg
Http://gunner.niggy.co.uk/induk2.jpg

Videos of car

right click save as:

Http://gunner.niggy.co.uk/incar1.mp4
Http://gunner.niggy.co.uk/all ofcar.mp4

any derisory offers will be met with a derisory comment!!!!!! need the car gone asap!

VIPERONE
05-08-2007, 18:52
FIXED VIDEO LINKS

Http://gunner.niggy.co.uk/gunnersale.Mp4
Http://gunner.niggy.co.uk/incar1.Mp4

ollie16v
05-08-2007, 19:59
This car is an absolute beast and a real bargain, you could not go faster for less. Great little track car or fast weekend toy! BARGAIN! :D

drsmith1979
05-08-2007, 19:59
'Gunner scuttle panel filter' - errr i think you need to rephrase that young man 8)

I have driven the car, seen it many atime and can vouch for it. Its a great drive and if the antics of me and Gunner out and about round halifax are anything to go by its a right nippy little biatch too!

A bargain at £1500 if you ask me with the current spec, prob worth that in parts etc...

BTTT

VIPERONE
05-08-2007, 20:04
if you require an incar vid pm me .. i have one on request for interested parties only..

cheers for the above comments...

the car has slayed many more expensive marques...good fun.. ive owned it for 4 years now... so time for a change. still have a black clio though

Martin
05-08-2007, 20:11
If I was'nt just laying my money on a flat I'd snap this up....long time no see gunner whats the new motor??

VIPERONE
05-08-2007, 20:41
VX220...just fancy one, like the styling etc..nice fun car. im opting for the 2.2 n/a version ..then when ive mastered that i might move on to the turbo..although theres little in it on a twisty track.

0-60 5.6 top speed 136mph i think
turbo is 4 sec and 150mph

Http://gunner.niggy.co.uk/vxreargunner.jpg

Martin
05-08-2007, 22:03
nice, I like them too..really quite small I can't figure how they weigh nearly the same as a clio. :?

Bet they are great fun to drive

Allan
05-08-2007, 22:38
i will say i have been out in this with gunner and well its quick :D

Very smooth pulled well!
that was before the new release bearing :D

Daz.
05-08-2007, 22:45
OOO Jealous I love vx's

clio-16-valver
05-08-2007, 23:06
Hi

Please pm me.

I want this car.

Thanks.

clio-16-valver
05-08-2007, 23:09
Oh and should I say first dibs :D

VIPERONE
06-08-2007, 00:01
http://www.strousehouse.zoomshare.com/my_images/silent20auction_hammer.gif

SOLD TO THE MAN IN THE KILT

clio-16-valver
06-08-2007, 00:06
WOOOOHOOOOOOOOO :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Allan
06-08-2007, 00:26
lol now you have sold it gunner you can give me all your clio spares :P

Allan
06-08-2007, 00:27
i.e that turbo your not using :D

VIPERONE
06-08-2007, 00:27
i'm going to finish the turbo off

and then i'll list me spares with you having dibs..

Allan
06-08-2007, 00:32
cool let us know ;)

Dancliovalver
06-08-2007, 07:41
well done gunner mate, was a steal at that price!!

end of an era for you ay :cry:

VIPERONE
06-08-2007, 14:04
how do dan, aye end of 4 years of clio stress lol. the turbo will be the next sale when its finished lol

Coops
06-08-2007, 17:49
well sold good sir!

Zollo
07-08-2007, 09:34
Great replacement car mate. 8)

Scougar
07-08-2007, 13:38
When he told me he'd bought it, I was stunned at the price gunner. Can't believe you sold it for so cheap! My almost standard 16v was £1200 for goodness sake (and that still needs work to get it upto a standard i'll be ok with).

And 182 ! holy something or other. I would love a clio if it had that kinda power, as my main complaint about the 16v is that it simply doesn't have enough grunt. (People think your a moron if your sat behind them with your revs going nuts, waiting to overtake them, because above 4k is where all the power is). Plus I used to have 280bhp... and I want more than the est 130 i have now in this car lol.

How much is your turbo likely to have?

Matthew

VIPERONE
07-08-2007, 16:24
i know...ive had several txts about the car lol... oh well need to get ot off the street as i have no parking space for the new beast :-( it will be missed....

Scougar
07-08-2007, 17:06
Think I need to fix and sell my 16v and get another more powerful one, as i'm clearly missing out on all the 2.0 action d'oh!

Lovely new car btw.. looks very good with a hard top, not too keen on them without a roof.

Matthew

VIPERONE
07-08-2007, 17:56
Scougar i have both the hard top and the soft top.. :-)

hard top:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/gunnergibson/sideview.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/gunnergibson/front.jpg

VIPERONE
07-08-2007, 17:57
the above cars not mine similar..my hard top is colour coded

Daz.
07-08-2007, 18:10
how much you get it for?

VIPERONE
07-08-2007, 18:13
£10.5k

which isnt too bad, considering the mileage of 19k and the hard top whcih is £1500 unpainted from the dealer.

you can get them from £9 grand onwards.. theres another going for £10kono with a hard top in blue(go on daz u know u want to)

my mates buying the turbo... so that'll be 3 on the street the c**t

Daz.
07-08-2007, 21:28
Oh I would fella I would!

Was talking to a guy once in a petrol station he had the n/a, knew the willy straight away and I had a good look round his vx - they're soo fooking low! could tell something was about to happen lol

Anyway he went out the petrol station first and I went after him and didn't really get anywhere near!

I reckon they're quicker than stated as it looked bigger than an 1sec ish gap from 0-80 anyway 8) 8)

Hmmm where to get 10k from 8)

Zollo
08-08-2007, 08:41
the above cars not mine similar..my hard top is colour coded

You wish the car above was yours. :wink:

VIPERONE
08-08-2007, 18:49
lol

the n/a is lighter and handles better. ha ha or so they claim on the forums.

i'll have a turbo within a year got to walk before i can run (rear wheel drive = donor car requirement)

Hulio
09-08-2007, 16:19
The question that begs to be answered is.....why a vx220 over an elise gunner?

Daz.
09-08-2007, 17:41
VX is a better car for me anyway - prefer the looks

drsmith1979
09-08-2007, 17:45
the old elise looks dated and most have too many miles, a cheap S2 is going to be £12k+ a good S2 111s is going to be more so the Vx220 is a good choice, besides, it doesnt have a shite k-series engine in! haha

Scougar
09-08-2007, 22:06
K-series engines are very good. They have there problems, but any engine does. (There is an issue I hear about the cold fuel causing shock to the cylinder walls at high revs if I remember correctly, but the engine never really needed to rev that high to produce decent power).

I'm guessing you think they are 'shite' because of the head gasket issues. Power wise they are also very good. They sound a hell of a lot better than a clio engine IMHO.

I never saw a sticker on a k-series car that says 'engine burns oil, make sure you keep checking it' like the clio.

I personally prefer exiges but they are way over priced. Was surprised how quick the vx220's are. Not my kinda style at all, but got to respect the figures.

Matthew

Zollo
10-08-2007, 08:42
the n/a is lighter and handles better. ha ha or so they claim on the forums.

Aye. I think the suspension is setup a little softer of the Turbos. I prefer the look of the N/A too. 8)

drsmith1979
10-08-2007, 11:44
the reason the k series engine is so shite is due to its poor oil pathway and gasket designs.. no one is disputing its power capabilities or its sound.

you have to think to yourself, if something is so common across the board, with the same failings.. whether it be a different version in an mgf, or in the landrover discovery etc... you would think that would set alarm bells ringing!

sadly it didnt, hence why lotus have moved over to the more reliable toyota engine.

Zollo
10-08-2007, 11:56
sadly it didnt, hence why lotus have moved over to the more reliable toyota engine.

Nothing to do with the collapse of MG Rover then?! Not knocking your points on the K series in general, but the reliability problems have been present for years yet no one ditch the K series until MG Rover went under.

drsmith1979
10-08-2007, 13:15
economic reasons, Lotus had been playing around with various different engines long before they decided to change over to the toyota lump. The reason they didnt do it earlier was simply due to money reasons, they didnt want to spend anymore money when they had what was perceived as being a 'good compromise' between cost and workability

besides the very poor design of the k-series engine gaurenteed work for their mechanics etc... 8)

It is a very poweful lump in the right state of tune... would i have one? definately not for the reasons i have previously stated. The jump to toyota was probably brought about sooner due to the collapse of the rover, but it was going to be done regardless of that situation due to the drop in elise and exige sales on the back of poor publicity regarding reliability and mileage problems etc...

Zollo
10-08-2007, 15:29
Of course it would've been dropped eventually. But then it was based on a design that was over twenty years old! I'd be surprised if Caterham and Lotus are using versions of the Ford and Toyota engine's they're using now in twenty years time - every engine has it's day, particularly with ever tougher emmissions regulations. I'd say the K series has done better than most. :)

Tommo
10-08-2007, 16:18
Nice car gunner, always liked them VX220's, you have made me want one even more now! Next year maybe....

VIPERONE
11-08-2007, 00:14
right ive got the ****er!

drove it back from london.. just got in.lol 4 hours on the bloody m1 anyway quick review:

speed- totally different power delivery to the hybrid, the power comes 4k+ it surprised me , really did. engine is 2.2 and seems bulletproof, the box is class,.. you can hear the clunk of the shifter as you select the gears,, a nice touch, it is slick , really slick... manual rack is precise, handling is immense...

looks, well i parked it up and saw a bird taking a picture... it certainly turns heads as well...

cons:

i need to master getting in and out, what an ordeal it is!!!!!

The boot is surprisingly large as well.

im pleased, the colour coded hard top finishes it off nicely!

VIPERONE
11-08-2007, 00:15
tommo , you should definitely get one!

drsmith1979
11-08-2007, 12:13
i'll pick up something better and quicker when im next home gunner ... haha

besides, doesnt matter what car you drive, you'll always be ugly... 8)

VIPERONE
12-08-2007, 02:19
haha,
blow me smith

triple figures
:roll:

Allan
12-08-2007, 08:39
never mind gunner, wait till winter and you try to drive that thing up your road and it wont go up, just a cloud of smoke and you frozen into the seat :D

VIPERONE
12-08-2007, 13:18
all wait till winter, your car wont start lol

i have a black clio for winter ;-)