PDA

View Full Version : Forza 2

big hp
25-07-2007, 18:56
Lets see what all the fuss is about. My girlfriend bought it for me last night.

Wish me luck.

richy
25-07-2007, 18:57
have you got a good tv? my tv in my room is crap but when playing it on my mates tv/surround system its class, also give it a little time to get to the good cars! :D

big hp
25-07-2007, 19:03
I play it on a 22" lcd monitor that I bought solely for the xbox. Pic is awesome.

Also means the gf stays happy as she can watch the tv while i play.

Chet T16
25-07-2007, 19:47
Nah you got it the wrong way round, we just bought a 26" lcd for the wife to watch while i play xbox on the 42 :D

Dancliovalver
25-07-2007, 20:59
mate buy a steering wheel, im now at least 2 seconds faster on every circuit with a wheel compared to waht i was with a pad!!!

let me know when ur on mate and ill av a thash about with ya :lol:

summeh
25-07-2007, 22:29
does this have uk tracks etc? i've never really had a console system so sorry if i sound like a complete 'tard... would like one so i can practice before the real thing :wink:

Dancliovalver
25-07-2007, 22:38
it has silverstone at the minute, all 3 tracks there (short, F1 and some other track)

but they will propbably bring out a car and circuit pack sooner or later :lol:

Andyvalver
25-07-2007, 22:40
mate buy a steering wheel, im now at least 2 seconds faster on every circuit with a wheel compared to waht i was with a pad!!!

Still slower than me though :wink:

Dancliovalver
25-07-2007, 22:44
lol i thrashed ur proper race cars in an impreza u noob, bayliss got battered aswell :twisted:

fancy a re-race, thats imprezas even quicker now :lol: and my evo :rally:

Chet T16
25-07-2007, 23:10
I got a wheel but can't manage to get it set up comfortabley

I need one of those race seats

Dancliovalver
26-07-2007, 10:21
those race seats are quality, we have a couple at work!!

Wheres your gamer tag Chet??? :lol:

Chet T16
26-07-2007, 11:33
That doesn't sound much like work!

I'll add my GT to the other thread

Dancliovalver
26-07-2007, 12:36
i work for a light and sound engineering company, we did the release gig for gran turismo 4 when it first came out on the PS2, we got given 2 playstations, 2 copys of the game before it came out, 2 force feedback steering wheels and 2 seats and frames!!

we use em at the works parties, the seats are in cages with 'LUKE' harnesses and everything, we pick em up with truss cranes so ur elevated in the air when ur racing, fookin awsome, will try and find some pics :lol:

Chet T16
26-07-2007, 15:42
Jammy git, altho i get work done on my car for free in work, not to mention the insurance :D

The other night i was sat on the floor on 2 cushions with my back against the couch.Tthe wheel clamped to the seat bit of one of teh kitchen chairs with my legs under it onto the pedals propped up by another cushion against an upturned coffee table to stop it sliding

Started to race and got about 6 different cramps :x

big hp
26-07-2007, 17:18
PMSL how long it take you to set all that up lol

big hp
26-07-2007, 17:19

I've never got on with steering wheels before. Looked at one last night though, £80 for the microsoft one :shock:

Plus then theres the mounting of it etc. Chets post just about sume them up.

Chet T16
26-07-2007, 18:28
I wouldn't buy one without the seat if i was you

Without something solid to mount it to the feedback will knock it out of your hands!

Dancliovalver
26-07-2007, 19:05
yeah i know what ya mean, i never got on with a wheel before, i bought the madcatz one off ebay brand new for £30, got the wheel, pedals, another wired control pad, facia cover for sexbox, dvd remote and console and game stand and i get on really well with it, but takes alot of getting used to, now i cant use the pads at all, i just crash lol

the steering wheel isnt force feedback and is alittle smaller but it has these retractable leg support things and its really comfortable, u dont need to mount it anywhere, it hugs ur legs :lol:

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5680731.htm

i got all that from ebay for 30 sniffs :lol:

big hp
26-07-2007, 22:53
Not bad. I'd buy microsoft one though. Don't need all the other shiz and always prefer to buy everything genuine i can no matter what it is.

Prob why i have no money lol

Dancliovalver
26-07-2007, 23:10
yeah the genuine one is definatly better, the force feedback and wireless is a definate winner but its really gay how u can only mount it to a table ect, where as this one with the leg rests are really kool

if the proper 360 one had those or similar it would be mega :lol: