PDA

View Full Version : Can you finish mapping the Clio turbo?

kj16v
22-07-2007, 20:09
Clio Turbo v. 2.0 (more on that some time in the future) will need the mapping finished but the guy who did most of it isn't doing any car stuff for the rest of the year. :roll: The vast majority of the mapping is done, but the very top-end and light cruising need finishing off.

Is there anyone here (who properly knows what they're doing) who would come down to Oxfordshire to finish off the mapping on-road.

There's a perfect stretch of 'private road' round the corner from me. Plus if anything goes wrong I only have to push it down the road!

I 'll pay fuel fees of course - unless you're coming from, say, Leicester in a V8.

If you can take on the work please PM me with a date/time and your hourly fee.

Thanks.

stan
22-07-2007, 21:26
What ecu is are you running, and do you have the software?

If ignition hasnt been fully mapped, it really needs to be done on a dyno as you dont get any feedback from it on the road.

kj16v
23-07-2007, 10:44
I'm using Rtuner and I have the mapping and datalogging software.

Ignition hasen't been changed from the turbo base map so I'm sure that needs to be fine tuned.

If it has to be dyno'd would you be able to do it? PM with your rates etc.

Cheers

kj16v
26-07-2007, 12:43
I take it that's a 'no' then, Stan?

stan
26-07-2007, 13:02
sorry...hadnt seen this..

Im reluctant to use the R-Tuner set-up on a customers TURBO application without having "fiddled" with it in my own time first, on a project car.

The other factor is that untill my rollers are operational, im using a friends which is 300-odd miles away from me, so it would be kinda difficult/awkward to organise. sorry :)

whats up with the bloke/place who was doing it originally?

Lunner
26-07-2007, 13:24
...but the guy who did most of it isn't doing any car stuff for the rest of the year. :roll:

stan
26-07-2007, 18:33
oh :lol:

Talking to Maxiboy today, theres a few lads flying Henk over for a group mapping session at BBPT...why not get in on that?

kj16v
26-07-2007, 21:23
Hmm, might be an idea if they're doing it soon.

I wonder if BBPT's hourly rates are as steep as all the other things they sell?

Cheers

summeh
26-07-2007, 21:26
I wonder if BBPT's hourly rates are as steep as all the other things they sell?

LOL :agree: