PDA

View Full Version : bodybuilding....stromba the man i reckon...?

Craig
26-05-2005, 22:37
alright geeza!

just wanting a bit of your expert training advice if i may! :D

Iv been on and off with the gym for years, but have been getting back into it regular recently, but im ready to start using some suppliments again as summer is here and holidays are getting closer!!

....but im not that clued up on what to use...?

iv used creatine in the past, but pointless, iv also tried tribuvus and V12 turbo which showed good results, but after summat different but good!!

any recommendations pal? my mate says he can get me some droll or somethin? banned in USA but suppose to be good stuff.

I do put muscle on quite easily, in the past using the above suppliments iv put very noticable size on in 3-4 weeks!

Cheers for any advice mate!

KingStromba
26-05-2005, 23:05
Only supplement i take is creatine and meal replacement powers (except for vits and mins). The creatinbe enables larger pools of phosphocreatine to be stored in the muscle and so can increase the intensity of work outs, and also aids recovery. Scientifically proven to work, and very cheap. I lug 15 grams down with a carb drink during training.

Meal replacement powders are simply for convenience at work as i dont have time to eat solid food, but need calories.

Othe rhting you need to do:

Lift big (squats, deadlifts, shoulder press, chin ups, bench press)
Eat whole milk and whole eggs (lots of them) loads of colories. Eat anything you see
Drink plenty of water
Train 2 to 3 times a week for 30 to 45 mins hard
Get plenty of rest
Dont waste time with maggot exercises like curls, tricep work, side raises etc, leave them to the girls.

Craig
26-05-2005, 23:13
only prob iv found with creatine in the past is when you stop taking it, you loose muscle and strength! and ur not suppose to be on it constantly are you? water retention on the muscle! but it did definately work and recovery was much better!

i do have fukin loads left somewhere and a big tub of L-Glutamine but my old man has hid the fuker in the loft or something cos i didnt use it for 2 months! cant find it now!

i only do 3 days at the gym, just concentrate on upper body, do bike riding for the legs!

KingStromba
26-05-2005, 23:21
Ive been on it for 5 years :shock:

Zollo
26-05-2005, 23:21
Ok Stromba, I've got one for you. (Feel free to politely tell me to go away if you're sick of being used a WC personal trainer). If not, could you please tell me - How do I get stronger without putting on more muscle. Basically, can I make what I have got more efficient and if so, how?

Cheers!

KingStromba
26-05-2005, 23:22
Craig if you want mass on your upper body, you HAVE to squat or deadlift

Craig
26-05-2005, 23:27
cheers for the reply mate!

zollo, if u want strength rather than size you want to do less reps maybe 6-8 using more weight, failure on the last rep, 1-2 mins rest between sets! rather than doing 10-12 reps, bit less weight, and 30secs-1min rest!

so iv read in the past anyway :)

KingStromba
26-05-2005, 23:29
Muscle size and strenght are releated but its not a linear corrolation.

If the muscle gets bigger it will be stronger.

A muscle is made up of contractile fibers as well as non contractile elements. To get stronger without putting on too much mass you have to minimise the growth on non contractile elements and improve efficiency of the contractile elements.

Efficiency of the contractile elements comes from neuromuscular improvements.

Basically to put strength on without muscle gain you train your nervous system to fire the contraction more forcefully.

Best way to do this is to lift heavy weights, at low reps (1 or 2 or 3) , have long rest periods, and do many sets.

Its a falacy that training muscle makes you strong. When you lift a weight the body prevents all the muscle fibre contracting to prevent injury. This inhibition reduces your strength but allows greater marging for error and lessens injury chance. Most olympic lifters training teaches them to turn off this inhibition, thus allowing them to tap into strength that normal people cant use,

Zollo
26-05-2005, 23:41
Wicked, cheers guys. Basically, the opposite of what I've been doing for god knows how many years....3 sets, 12ish reps, 1 minute rest. :roll:

Will try it out tomorrow :D

Trouble is, I'm trying to get leaner at the same time, while not using any supplements either :?

Craig
26-05-2005, 23:46
recently iv been doing 12 reps instead of 10, and after the workout, as many as possible on the best machine for the muscle group im doing untill i cant do any more but with slightly less weight than normal! say 30-40 solid till i nearly pass out!

trying to get a bit more toned like!

just ordered some more creatine, fuk searching for the stuff iv got somewhere!

Zollo
26-05-2005, 23:54
30-40 reps? :shock: Ouch! Only reach those kind of numbers when doing body weight stuff!

Toning hurts soooo much!

Craig
26-05-2005, 23:56
yeah, but with less weight than normal, prefer it when nobody is in the gym so i can pull faces hehe!

Zollo
27-05-2005, 00:02
I go like a beet root >>> :oops:

u33db
27-05-2005, 10:08
Stromba, what about aerobic exercises - do you bother with them?

I cycle to work most days as well as doing weights but we've got this running machine in the garage...is it a good idea to use it or will it eat away at any muscle i'm gaining?

big hp
27-05-2005, 11:36
No cardio if your going for bulk. Train hard and thats enough.

As stromba put at the top, stick to basics, squats,deads,bench press, shoulder press, barbell curls.

Don't overtrain either,

biceps/triceps/shoulders 4-6 hard sets

Legs/chest/back 6-8 hard sets.

I aim for a rep range of 6-8 but I train to failure.