PDA

View Full Version : The Ulimate NA F7R

nath
13-07-2007, 10:31
Hi all

Having a conversation with Danny_ACE! yesterday whilst fixing his bonnet ready for FCS (i hit a phesant whilst driving his car :oops: ) I mentioned that once Ive Finished rebuilding my 16v/hybrid shell that it would be a finishing touch to have an absolute belter of an engine, I was just going to hybrid the car at first but then watched a few of martins ITB'ed videos (bad idea) and thought how about building an engine that was similar but one stage further.

I know engine tuning is expensive and skilled, but what would be a good combination of modifications and parts to build an engine that is very powerfull but still retains low down torque and drivability, something similar to a maxi engine but not so top end peaky. say a 5k max budget, not keen on the turbo option tbh. cant beat the sound of NA. :wink:

nathan

stan
13-07-2007, 11:00
first off you'd want the block properly prepared...align bored/honed mains, then the cylinder bores honed with a decent pattern. Then some decent pistons (i dont just mean the shiniest, but the ones which perform the best!) Accralite, Iapel they make good pistons.

some H section rods, and balanced crank will finnish the short block. maybe an ally flywheel? dry sump set-up?

properly worked head, cams offering maybe 290deg's and 12+mm lift, uprated valve springs, retainers, and solid followers would be next. then tapered ITB's, a decent ecu, and proper calibration should finnish it off!

God sounds so easy lol

you'll be pushing it on £5k unless your buing parts only, and building yourself. This would include head btw.

Daz.
13-07-2007, 13:59
What would you expect power wise out of a 5k engine Stan?

MAXIBOY
13-07-2007, 14:14
you would want 250/270bhp as the works cars made that.

AndyFielder
13-07-2007, 14:26
hehehe.... Andys car will be running something like that :D

getting the engine tomorrow :D

then STAN im going to be annoying you for a few months!

nath
13-07-2007, 15:04
What would you expect power wise out of a 5k engine Stan?

good question. :twisted:

Danny-ACE!
13-07-2007, 19:37
you would want 250/270bhp as the works cars made that.

Can I have your engine please? Thanks....

:D

MAXIBOY
13-07-2007, 19:38
mine will make closer to 350bhp

Danny-ACE!
13-07-2007, 19:45
mine will make closer to 350bhp

Yeah, I saw your thread! Thats why i want it. :D

£10?