PDA

View Full Version : Hello picking up my Williams 2 on Sunday

spadey
11-07-2007, 18:58
Hi there

just thought I would say hi as im picking up my first Willams Clio 2 on Sunday... Its not mint but always fancied one... Ive had 205 gtis, RS turbos, MR2s etc etc..... Just wondered what mods are worth and not worth doing to her? Shes totally standard with a full service history......

K+N panel filter maybe? Stainless exhaust? De-cat? Drilled brakes tc etc...

Any help is greatly appreciated...

Steve

FATBOY
11-07-2007, 19:14
welcome to the site mate :D enjoy ur stay!!! the list of mods u have listed are the recommended first mods to get done! 8)

Justin..
11-07-2007, 20:18
howdo 8)

spadey
11-07-2007, 20:20
What stainless exhaust will fit my Williams? A normal 16 valve one or does it need to be a specific Williams 1?

Any ideas where to buy a panel filter for a reasonable price?

Thanks for all your help

Steve

FATBOY
11-07-2007, 20:30
nope a valver zorst wont fit a williams(its a different angled flange where it meets with the cat/de-cat) best bets on zorsts are either POWERFLOW,DEVIL,MAGNEX,SCORPION. and its also best to get a de-cat for a tiny bit of a power increase..

panel filters well your best of contacting BRUN on here as he was doing a good price on the ITG green panel filters(was a while ago tho! drop him a PM)

spadey
11-07-2007, 20:48
Hi mate

there is a guy on here selling a de-cat adjustable one but he wasnt sure if it would fit a standard exhaust..... Hes just looking in to it for me, do you know if it will?

What difference will taking the cat off make? BHP wise and sound wise?

Steve

FATBOY
11-07-2007, 20:51
if its adjustable then yes it will fit! a de-cat will give ya 5/10 bhp more... and noise depends on the make of de-cat you get.. i think you can get silenced de-cats... but unlike mine- magnex de-cat and straight through devil zorst----- it makes it as loud as ****!!! lol been pulled a few times for it :wink:

where abouts ya from??? weve got the biggest meet of the year this weekend if youve got time after picking your new motor up...

Daz.
11-07-2007, 21:57
Decats are wank on a williams - Why does everyone say they're good for power!?!?

They 'move' the power - so if you want it to lose some low down grunt and make it feel like it pulls better further up then get a decat - reports too that a decat will help it pull better to the limiter but I'd rather have the low down grunt back than breaking the speedlimit just to prove a point lol :D

Daz.
11-07-2007, 21:58
drilled brakes crack or tend to do - just stick with genuine renault discs abd upgrade your pads...

FATBOY
11-07-2007, 21:59
Decats are w**k on a williams - Why does everyone say they're good for power!?!?

They 'move' the power - so if you want it to lose some low down grunt and make it feel like it pulls better further up then get a decat - reports too that a decat will help it pull better to the limiter but I'd rather have the low down grunt back than breaking the speedlimit just to prove a point lol :D

is that referring to me mate???

Daz.
11-07-2007, 22:29
No no my little gimp :whip:

8)

Its just that people read something and pass it on as fact, everyone does it about everything I just don't want people thinking adding this that and yada yada yads will help in this area and that (repeat yada's)

Maybe with a rempap with those kind of mods yeh might make a fair bit of difference but the best thing you could do right now with a williams thats just been bought is fix whats alreayd there - drilled discs ain't gonna improve shit pads and/or an inefficiant (sp?) braking sytem - same with a decat - make sure your exhausts working first - especially the cat, your gonna need it come mot time anyway...

Daz.
11-07-2007, 22:30
and yes I meant a rempap - they're all the rage at the moment - add 100's of bhp's :wink:

FATBOY
11-07-2007, 22:34
sorry mate! that sounded very snotty the way i put that! wasnt meant to be snotty :lol:

spadey
11-07-2007, 22:34
Thanks for all the info I will see whats about. But I would like to get rid of the cat for now... Wheres the meet at??

Steve

FATBOY
11-07-2007, 22:35
FCS french car show rockingham in northampton

spadey
11-07-2007, 22:41
Little to far this year but If I get her done up then maybe next year? Seems like a lot of people have different opinions about breaks exhausts etc but I like what you said so will give it a go... Cheers mate....

Zollo
12-07-2007, 09:13
For recommended mods, it'll be simpler to just check the Performance Tuning section on this forum. :wink:

This thread might be useful - http://www.williamsclio.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=22556

If you need new discs, it might be worth getting drilled ones. But don't expect them to improve braking performance. Best to just get some decent pads (do a search on here to see what people recommend) and - as Daz says - make sure everything else is in top order.

The search function is your friend. :wink:

Welcome, by the way. :)