PDA

View Full Version : CLIO CUP SUSPENSION SET UP _

evouk
01-07-2007, 21:50
I will be looking at getting my race/track cars geometry/suspension re set up once the engines in.

Anyone reccomend anyone local to Stoke On Trent area that can do it and are pros's not kwik fit have a go heroes!!!

Do HILL POWER do this?

stan
01-07-2007, 22:10
If your going to be going on track regular, why not do a bit of research and have a bash yourself?

this is one of those areas that will gain you time on track, but you cant exactly be popping of to your local set-up place for a tweek if your 200odd miles away from home! whereas if you learn about it, buy some tools, and practice (read gain experience), then you will be WAY better off in the long run. at the end of the day, your driving, so who better to make adjustments to get it how YOU want it.

evouk
01-07-2007, 22:14
Yes good post.....

I used to re set up my westfield race car when i went to tracks but this seemed a lot easier to do due to the suspension type fitted and the use of ARB's/

I would like a base setting to start with really on the clio.

MAXIBOY
01-07-2007, 22:27
need to have it set up for corner weights camber and tracking really. then play with spring rates and damper settings if your going to go fully adjustable

matty w
01-07-2007, 22:30
I will be looking at getting my race/track cars geometry/suspension re set up once the engines in.

Anyone reccomend anyone local to Stoke On Trent area that can do it and are pros's not kwik fit have a go heroes!!!

Do HILL POWER do this?

nick doesnt do it personally but he uses a place local to him,he got my coilovers laser lined on my 172

stan
01-07-2007, 22:35
I would set corner weights and ride heights (if you cant be arsed to improvise with scales etc, them maybe pay someone for this), set camber and toe to pretty neatral settings and set damping to middle settings. then when your one the track, fiddle with track and camber to get it feeling and gripping right (using pyrometer), then once this is sorted maybe fiddle with damping.

if you have experience with westys, then you will at least have a very good basis of understanding. clios will be easier really as theres less variables.

i think the trick is to not over-do it.....its to easy to **** about with it all at once, and get in a right muddle!

MAXIBOY
01-07-2007, 22:38
as above then try laps with it. see if it feels better but lap times are the most important indication of if your going in the right way

northy
02-07-2007, 07:30
what can be adjusted on yours ?

Does it have coilovers?
Adjustable camber?
Tracking ????

summeh
02-07-2007, 12:30
If you have adjustable camber then I have recommended camber settings for all the UK circuits for the Clio CUP.

evouk
02-07-2007, 16:51
Yeah camber settings summ.... I did have a detailed list about two pages of all the set ups for the cars on all the tracks in the wet and dry but cant find it anymore.....

Can you email/pm me some?

Northy,

Think its just camber and tracking etc on mine as using same suspension as you

northy
02-07-2007, 17:32
camber is fixed on mine mate - non of this non original camber bolts on mine !