PDA

View Full Version : Alfa Brera

Purple
18-06-2007, 16:16
Saw this for the first time today. An incredibly beautiful car, like something out of Captain Scarlet.

I kept up with it trying to sneak a peek, but the driver must have thought I wanted to race and booted it a little (though we weren't trying that hard on the straights). But a couple of delicious corners came up and I had hoped he was going to push it - and he did. Sadly, the car was too heavy and had to slow at apexes as the tail was stepping out quite a bit. I easily kept up with him all the way through. Now here's the kicker! I was not driving the Williams, but my wife's plain 1.6L Lancer (OK, not so plain with lowered suspension, undercarriage bracing & ultralight rims). So, it obviously must have been the 2.2 litre Brera, I hope :) Alfa has definitely lost some of its driving appeal these days but, nevertheless, a fantastic looking car to chat up the ladies, as all alfas should be :)

drsmith1979
13-08-2007, 15:51
neighbour has one, along with a gt and 156 wagon and a spider, hes an alpha geek... looks nice but expensive and reliability is shite, his is never out of the garage and its slow as foook

Zollo
14-08-2007, 08:28
Personally I'm not even a fan of the styling - it looks tubby and squat.

Dan_mk1
14-08-2007, 09:51
Im with Zollo on this one, from some angles it looks stunning, others it just seems a bit too dumpy, the GT however, that is a lovely looking car!

Zollo
14-08-2007, 09:58
I was gonna say - the GT is much nicer looking. 8)

Swervin_Mervin
14-08-2007, 10:56
Zollo is correct.