PDA

View Full Version : Monty Python

Purple
07-06-2007, 07:10
My pre-teen boy is getting into this right now, thanks to youtube. Any other good Brit comedies that I can suggest to him that not too rude ( know what I mean? nudge, nudge, wink, wink :D)

Anyone?

Dancliovalver
07-06-2007, 07:44
Faulty towers or the young ones :lol:

Purple
07-06-2007, 08:27
Oh yeah, Torquay's finest abode will definitely be on the hit list. Hmmm... but Rik Mayall and company - hilarious as they were - are definitely on the wrong side of rude though, you don't think? 8)

bluenose
07-06-2007, 08:48
Red Dwarf!

Dancliovalver
07-06-2007, 10:11
yeah they are pretty crude....................only fools and horses :twisted:

red dwarf is awsome 2 :lol:

wavy
07-06-2007, 10:21
only fools and horses

red dwarf

both excellent

also BLACK ADDER :)

Purple
07-06-2007, 11:31
only fools and horses , red dwarf also BLACK ADDER :)
Never watched fools and horses, will check it out on youtube. I could never get into Red Dwarf, maybe my boy might like that.

Yeah, Black Adder was pretty good but I think I preferred the one-man shows that rowan atkinson did between not 9 o'clock news and Black Adder. Mr Bean, he was certainly not! :)

Dancliovalver
07-06-2007, 12:38
only fools and horses , red dwarf also BLACK ADDER :)
Never watched fools and horses, will check it out on youtube. I could never get into Red Dwarf, maybe my boy might like that.

Yeah, Black Adder was pretty good but I think I preferred the one-man shows that rowan atkinson did between not 9 o'clock news and Black Adder. Mr Bean, he was certainly not! :)

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: U HAVE NEVER WATCHED ONLY FOOLS AND HORSES :shock: :shock: :shock:

i really used to enjoy 'one foot in the grave'

cliorod
07-06-2007, 17:13
How about "RIPPING YARNS" ~~ Ex.PYTHON & around the World in 80 days presenter ~~ Michael Palin ~~ only six episodes ~~ a classic line in one ,when he was such a boring old f**t describing a spade ~~ "A Spear & Jackson No 4 with a brass rivet and ash handle" :oops: :oops: ~~ Or watch his racing Vultures !!!! :twisted: :twisted: ~~~ as you said about BAAASIL and the Python team ~~ absolutelty timeless" :lol: :lol:

FATBOY
07-06-2007, 19:21
thin blue line (rowan atkinson)
some mothers do ave em (hilarious situation comedy)
father ted
im alan partridge
phoenix nights
rab c nesbitt
max and paddys road to knowhere
tho office
extras
bo' selecta

FATBOY
07-06-2007, 19:24
open all hours
allo allo
keeping up appearances

Purple
07-06-2007, 20:04
Wow Fatboy, that will keep him busy for a week just youtubing to check out your list. Thanks for all the recommendations, guys.
I have a few of my own faves like the Peter Sellers' movies; I'm sorry I'll read that again radio series and stand-up shows by Billy Connelly (incredibly funny but way too rude, so he will have to wait a bit for Billy :))

Dancliovalver
08-06-2007, 07:39
generous britain i think its called with Mr brittas, that was quite funny :lol:

bluenose
08-06-2007, 08:55
generous britain i think its called with Mr brittas, that was quite funny :lol:

wasnt that 'the brittas empire'? The one where he is the manager of the leisure centre? Was quite funny that! :D

Dancliovalver
08-06-2007, 10:12
hahahahahaha yeah sorry thats what i ment, for some reason i was thinkin of a pub in melton :oops: but yeah thats pretty funny :lol:

rob-legend
08-06-2007, 18:10
haha i'm alan partridge by far!!!! although he's a bit of c**t to everyone, so u mite wanna make sure ur son doesnt grow up to be like him

seanofnp
08-06-2007, 19:17
open all hours!

FATBOY
08-06-2007, 20:38
open all hours!

too late sean! :P

Gav
09-06-2007, 01:09
thin blue line (rowan atkinson)
some mothers do ave em (hilarious situation comedy)
father ted
im alan partridge
phoenix nights
rab c nesbitt
max and paddys road to knowhere
tho office
extras
bo' selecta

amen to that one brother - :D Love it

Purple
09-06-2007, 02:29
Heh, just watched holy grail again. Must be like the tenth time by now for me. Just brilliant! Absolutely brilliant! One of the very best comedies ever made. Gonna make up some ringtones from the show. Definitely having "Your mother was a hamster and you father smelled of elderberry!" :D :D :D

bluenose
09-06-2007, 09:20
Heh, just watched holy grail again. Must be like the tenth time by now for me. Just brilliant! Absolutely brilliant! One of the very best comedies ever made. Gonna make up some ringtones from the show. Definitely having "Your mother was a hamster and you father smelled of elderberry!" :D :D :D

think thats everybody's favourite bit! lol. So many funny moments in that film!
'Now go away or i shall taunt you a second time'
The knight guarding the bridge
The knights who say ni
The monster rabbit
Tim nice but dim

The list is massive but i'll be accused of :spam:

The life of Brian was good but not as funny as the holy grail.

bluenose
09-06-2007, 09:21
edit: Tim the sorcerer not nice but dim! Wrong comedy! Damn edit button!
:roll:

seanofnp
09-06-2007, 13:04
the royal family?

FATBOY
09-06-2007, 13:16
the royal family?

good call! i got the entire 3 series and specials on dvd from HMV for £15.99 delivered..

Rob72
13-06-2007, 21:42
"bottom" starring rik mayall and ade edmunson