PDA

View Full Version : Newbie needs advice

BoroGTI
02-06-2007, 16:26
Hi im brand new to this forum, my names Nic and i live in Scarborough, i currently own a Peugeot 106 GTI and have loved it, but i think its time for a change and i really fancy a Clio Williams, its the only other French hatchback that im interested in (and im definitely staying french ) anyway what i really need is any advice that people can give on the williams marque? for example which would be best to look for the 1,2 or 3 or is it just personal taste? it would need to be immaculate and original, in the looks department anyway, dont mind performance mods! i aren't selling mine til after summer so i've got all winter to find a decent one thanks for reading, any advice is appreciated Sorry but i've already posted this in another section not realising this one was here :roll:

wavy
02-06-2007, 16:47
welcome nic
yes its mostly down to taste some ppl like sun roofs and some dont
there is a few more slight differences between the 3 models but basicly the same

FATBOY
02-06-2007, 17:47
first of all welcome fella! enjoy your stay! as wavy said really! but then again we are gonna all be biased as to what williams we own... so im saying williams 3! best colour IMHO.... but to find out about what the differences are between the 3 check this page out

http://www.williamsclio.co.uk/index.php?get=tech :D

p.s. i deleted the copy of this post in general discussion

Coops
03-06-2007, 00:13
willy 3 big no no, has a sunroof! :wink: mite aswell have a seive on the roof! :lol:

look to spend plus 3 grand if you want a minter of any ilk, 1 2 or 3

and as said it really is down to personal taste, hence i wouldnt have a 3 as the sunroofs in normal clios piss me off enough! :P

MAXIBOY
03-06-2007, 00:19
hello and welcome

BoroGTI
03-06-2007, 14:35
willy 3 big no no, has a sunroof! :wink: mite aswell have a seive on the roof! :lol:

look to spend plus 3 grand if you want a minter of any ilk, 1 2 or 3

and as said it really is down to personal taste, hence i wouldnt have a 3 as the sunroofs in normal clios piss me off enough! :P
Ye i will be looking at spending about 3,500-4,000, im not really that bothered about 1,2 or 3 as long as it hasen't been to the moon and back and is very clean. Is it true that the 1.8 valver engine is more tuneable than the williams motor? or is this just myth? .Doesen't really matter as i definitely want a Williams :wink: . My 106 is running about 145bhp how much difference in power will there be between this and a standard williams?

mikeymikewakey
03-06-2007, 14:55
Hey mate!

150BHP is that of a standard willy. Ive had a few ding dongs with 106 GTI's when i had my hybrid (a car that was a 16V originally and has had a williams engine put in it)...and always found my car came out on top so you're making a good move. Cant fault the GTi's tho, they seem spot on and reliable, unlike the clios lmao...

Mike

bluenose
04-06-2007, 09:04
Willy 1's are the original and best :D . Willy 3's have a sunroof and some daft sod painted them all the wrong colour.
Welcome along anyway mate and good luck with your search!

Zollo
04-06-2007, 09:40
A 145bhp 106 will give a standard Williams a very good run for it's money, so be prepared to spend a bit of money on modding the Willy...

Willy 1 or 2 gets my vote. 8)

Welcome, by the way!

BoroGTI
04-06-2007, 15:18
Thanks for the advice and comments people, as i say its gonna be next winter before im looking but i'll keep looking and chatting on the forum and finding things out. thanks, Nic :wink:

rob-legend
04-06-2007, 15:48
willy 3 all the way, best colour by far and the sunroofs are a sod, but fix 'em right and they'll be as reliable as any other part of these "well" built cars. plus the sunroofs a laugh when u put a rollcage in. worth gettin a sunroof one so u can try n fit a non-sunroof cage in, i had plenty of teeth grinding dark nights. oh yeah and ur fairly local to man! welcome

Joel
12-06-2007, 20:54
Welcome Mate, what colours the 106 GTI?

Im after one in Yellow. :D