PDA

View Full Version : Shit Night..........

Dan_Williams
23-05-2007, 23:56
got an email from paypal saying there had been alot of unusual activity on my account checked it out, and 8k had been added into my account, but someone has been on my account and added a bank account and then tried to send the money into it. which is when paypal put limited usage on my account. no money has been withdrawn from any of my cards on their. i have blcoked all my bank cards as a precaution and changed every password on all my accounts i could think off. so now any info on paypal is usesless. worrying bit is on paypal when its gone onto limited usage someone has tried to re-open it and asked for these steps.

23 May 2007 Add and confirm a bank account Information Submitted
23 May 2007 Fax documentation Waiting for your response
23 May 2007 Validate your Account Information Information Submitted
23 May 2007 Provide Business Information Information Submitted
23 May 2007 Provide Certificate of Posting Waiting for your response

as you can see 3 out of 5 submitted so have no idea how they have got this information. very worrying but like i said all cards now blocked and passwords changed so hopefully should have put an end to it. :(

MatBrown
23-05-2007, 23:58
£8k in your account?

Result! :P

Mat.

Dan_Williams
24-05-2007, 00:09
lol yeh but not mine, and they have got into my account to add this extra bank account onto it. but its still unconfirmed. i dont get why you would send it into an account to withdraw it straight they way

northy
24-05-2007, 07:41
do u have to give it back then ???

they do it to loose history of the transactions apparenlty,

FincH
24-05-2007, 09:03
You sure the e-mail was from PayPal?

May sound stupid but a lot of scams work by sending you a spoof e-mail and getting you to log in then taking you to a dummy site. That way the scammers get your log in details and can start to do you over.

Dan_Williams
24-05-2007, 09:30
yes email was def from them iv phoned them this morning. and they wer talking to me not understanding what had gone on, saying i just need to confirm the new account lol. i said its not mine!!!! so they are blocking it, tried to log into my email this morning and had been blocked for incorrect password entry, so there still trying, but i dont know what will happen with regards to the money as its still sitting in my account.

VIPERONE
24-05-2007, 18:28
you shred your rubbish / bills etc? could be id theft, or you may have been scammed in the past...unwittingly via one of those emails.

You get people rummaging through rubbish to get info. i have a shredder lol

Coops
25-05-2007, 18:10
i have a match :P

white16valver
25-05-2007, 20:55
yes email was def from them iv phoned them this morning. and they wer talking to me not understanding what had gone on, saying i just need to confirm the new account lol. i said its not mine!!!! so they are blocking it, tried to log into my email this morning and had been blocked for incorrect password entry, so there still trying, but i dont know what will happen with regards to the money as its still sitting in my account.
Should have given them your bank a/c details ;) lol

number1
31-05-2007, 19:09
You sure the e-mail was from PayPal?

May sound stupid but a lot of scams work by sending you a spoof e-mail and getting you to log in then taking you to a dummy site. That way the scammers get your log in details and can start to do you over.

Ive had that, when i get a email regarding paypal i always type in the address myself

No point in trying to get money out of my bank... i drive a valver....