PDA

View Full Version : Who here's been banned? Big difference on insurance?

white16valver
14-05-2007, 18:46
I'm currently on 8 points - 3 for TS10 from Nov 2004, 5 for SP30 November 2005 - and fear that I may have been clocked by a 'nice' man with a laser gun at the weekend while traveling at approximately 1.07 leptons...

Insurance is about £750 a year at the moment, fully comp, £250 excess, 9 years NCB, on the street, me late twenties...

How much does a short ban put insurance up by generally?

I know I read something about someone only paying about £30 more, but I fear I'm about to be butt****ed LOL

mikeymikewakey
14-05-2007, 18:56
There's no exact "figure" that it will increase by.

All Id suggest is shopping around but if you want good discounts, give me a bell sometime.

Ill be more than happy to give any member of WC at least a 10% discount on there insurance.

In fact, if northy likes, he can add me as part of the "WC Membership".

I have my own branch now after getting promoted so Id be more than happy to sort people out :)

We just arent very good on modified cars. Its your choice if you declare any (however, i do encourage it *wink) but on standard vehicles or vehicles with a couple of mods we are competetive.

Mike

P.S. My telephone number is 0113 2488211 - just be sure to ask for mike.

bluenose
14-05-2007, 19:44
plug plug plug :wink:

16v_russ
14-05-2007, 19:51
i guess i was lucky,i got caught @ 104, got an sp50,£195 fine and a two week ban,told my insurance and only increased mine by £27 quid a year

Allan
14-05-2007, 19:59
i got caught 100+ wont say exact speed but sp50 3 points £60 , got lucky me thinks, 4 am in the morning on an empty m6

Coops
14-05-2007, 20:00
am about to go from 3 to 6 points, both sp30's, likely to be bad affect?

sorry to hi-jack mate but saves another thread, same story!

MatBrown
15-05-2007, 01:19
I'm currently on 8 points - 3 for TS10 from Nov 2004, 5 for SP30 November 2005 - and fear that I may have been clocked by a 'nice' man with a laser gun at the weekend while traveling at approximately 1.07 leptons...

If your really lucky the dent in your drivers door will have bounced the beam back at the copper and dazzled him! :P

Mat.

northy
15-05-2007, 07:41
There's no exact "figure" that it will increase by.

All Id suggest is shopping around but if you want good discounts, give me a bell sometime.

Ill be more than happy to give any member of WC at least a 10% discount on there insurance.

In fact, if northy likes, he can add me as part of the "WC Membership".

I have my own branch now after getting promoted so Id be more than happy to sort people out :)

We just arent very good on modified cars. Its your choice if you declare any (however, i do encourage it *wink) but on standard vehicles or vehicles with a couple of mods we are competetive.

Mike

P.S. My telephone number is 0113 2488211 - just be sure to ask for mike.

your on !

who do u work for ?

white16valver
15-05-2007, 19:46

If your really lucky the dent in your drivers door will have bounced the beam back at the copper and dazzled him! :P

Mat.
shoosh ;) LoL

The most annoying thing is, if my numberplate had fallen off... :roll:

Coops - might make a bit of a difference but not too bad I don't think.

Point to note is I was on a DC, therefore I'm expecting the book thrown at me.

I wouldn't mind if there was actually anything nearby but it's a stretch of road with no junctions and no turnings, bar the petrol station entrance/exit he was standing by, for ****ing miles. :roll: :x

Sam16v
16-05-2007, 00:19
i got caught doing 105 on the m4 yet to have a court date what sort of ban am i looking at? any tips on what to say?
cheers

finlay
16-05-2007, 06:55
i got caught doing 105 on the m4 yet to have a court date what sort of ban am i looking at? any tips on what to say?
cheers
i got caught doing 106 mph 9 months ago in scotland, and havent been done yet, i ve got off with it cause they only have 6 months to get you into court yeeeehaaaa :D

finlay
16-05-2007, 07:00
cheers

in my experience go and see a solicitor, mine said that if your over the tonne its a ban, not sure for how long it is judges dessission, but useually if it is just over 100mph you can get a discount if you pleed guilty (ie dont waste court time) and that will bring the speed down to under 100 so you will be looking at points no ban

i ve had a lot of experience with the law and driving, unfortunatly, i ve been banned for a toatal of 2.5 years before (belive me i m not boasting), so if you want any more info just PM me

white16valver
17-05-2007, 14:01
Thanks for replies all :)

In a way I'd prefer to get a short ban I think! lol

finlay - does your insurance not screw you? lol