PDA

View Full Version : earthquake in folkestone

lewis_willy2
28-04-2007, 14:53
anyone hear about it? measured 4.7 on the rictor scale

got me n the missus out of bed at 8.30 this mornin :shock:

clio_bus
28-04-2007, 15:01
think my ass caused this from last nights curry...................

sorry for waking you :bumshake:

Mr.AdamB
28-04-2007, 16:56
we are all going to die....

VIPERONE
28-04-2007, 20:43
what was it like lewis?..

summeh
28-04-2007, 21:44
my missus just told me about this when i got home... apparently it sounded like an explosion !!

lewis_willy2
28-04-2007, 23:11
it was like an explosion. but stopped and started.

the whole town has just gone nuts. serious amount of authority and fire and rescue all over the place.
lost power in about a 10 mile radius for 3 hours.
chimneys falling everywhere, people trapped in houses.
i reckon every house within folkestone has suffered from cracked plaster. the missus house has got some nasty structual damage and we're expecting after shocks through the nite causing more damage,

was quite freaky this morning bits flying off the missus dressing table and a like. bed starting shaking and me the missus jus sat uprite and looked a each other then it stopped. i thought it was gonna go again so stuck some trackies on and got ready to get out of the house but it stopped. had a vision of the williams being on the drive with it being mated to a chimney!!! (then realised...no the gearbox is ****ed and i left it at mine) only went on for 5-10 seconds. was fun though :?

Purple
28-04-2007, 23:43
Maybe it's a buried UFO trying to take-off? :D

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/eqcenter/recenteqsww/Quakes/us2007bsal.php

white16valver
29-04-2007, 04:02
was quite freaky this morning bits flying off the missus dressing table and a like. bed starting shaking and me the missus jus sat uprite and looked a each other then it stopped. i thought it was gonna go again so stuck some trackies on and got ready to get out of the house but it stopped. had a vision of the williams being on the drive with it being mated to a chimney!!! (then realised...no the gearbox is f**ked and i left it at mine) only went on for 5-10 seconds. was fun though :?
You missed a cracking opportunity there to have said the immortal line...

... "Did the earth move for you too, love?" LOL :lol: