PDA

View Full Version : Chavs and Williams

big hp
20-05-2005, 10:25
Apparantly my car is a chavs car. I was told this by a few guys at work this morning. I tried telling them about the history and heritage of such a car but they won't have it. Printed some stuff of the net about the williams but they just laughed. Has chav mania really got that bad that people see gold wheels on a car and label you?

MikeTCB
20-05-2005, 10:32
I reckon - I'm looking for a Williams at the moment and every time I tell anyone what I'm getting, I get some proper grief.

At least we've got better cars than them (well, you do, and I will soon!)

Lunner
20-05-2005, 10:38
I don't know, around my town everyone asks me is my car is a Williams, when i tell them i wish it was they tell me thats what i ought to be getting, so in the deepest darkest cotswolds i guess the legacy still lives on...;.but then our A roads are like traditional twisty B roads and our B roads are country lanes, and country lanes are single track lanes that you need to have a 4x4 to get down

J o n
20-05-2005, 10:44
must depend where you are, people love and fear my car at work, especially this lad with a V reg Scooby classic, I shocked him when it was standard and paggered him on the way home yesterday big time... shouldn't really be doing that with the steering problem tho... :oops:

Purple
20-05-2005, 10:51
I have been asked:
Is that a Daihatus Charade GTti?
Great bodykit. How much you paid to kit is out?
What does the 2.0 on the door mean? My reply: 2 doors.
Where can I buy the gold wheels for my car?

With those kind of queries, it does make it a "chavs" car from those people's point of view.

Jan
20-05-2005, 12:00
fraid so mate - at the end of the day it's a boy racers car and it does have gold wheels :lol:

we love them, but a few of my mates will never get bored of taking the piss! :cry:

Caramelx
20-05-2005, 12:06
Do they all drive Saxo's ??

lagerlout1
20-05-2005, 12:07
It's a hot hatch, and a very well known one at that. Unfortunately hot hatches are synonomous (sp) with boy racers and chavs. Plus Williams have gold wheels. No escaping the comparison really.

KingStromba
20-05-2005, 12:09
Ignorance is bliss or so they say.

Just glad im educated :D

Jan
20-05-2005, 12:13
Do they all drive Saxo's ??

if that's aimed at me - my mates drive focus's, 3 series, golfs, etc :?

except for the ones that drive rx-7's :wink:

Zollo
20-05-2005, 12:53
My sister says it's a Chav car too :( . Mainly because of the gold wheels.

No matter what we think, the general public will mostly class us as boy racers in a gold wheel'd hot hatch. We're in the same category as Impreza and Saxo drivers to them.

But to some, we're driving around in The Don of Hot Hatches. And so true that is. :wink:

Swervin_Mervin
20-05-2005, 13:01
Gold wheels on blue cars is soooo chavvy.

KingStromba
20-05-2005, 13:54
people assume its a chavs car because they assume its modified to look like that. Ie these people are ignorant.

When i picked up my car from the body shop some ass hole said its a nice car but he wouldnt have put the gold wheels on. I told him they were specially designed speedline alloys that speedline made to rally spec and weighed just 7.5kg, they came with the vehicle and probably cost more than his entire car. He looked at me and decided not to persue the argument based on my large frame. :D

If the Williams is good enough for Frank, it says its not Chav to me.

Tommo
20-05-2005, 15:17
I got accused of being a scally (worse than a chav!!) by my mates when I first got the Williams. I can't even be arsed arguing the point to them, I just laugh cos I know how special it is compared to their standard run off the mill shit boxes!! Those type of comments always seem to come from people who think they know a lot about cars, but in reality know **** all!

Winston
20-05-2005, 15:53
Gold wheels = chav .......end of :wink:

Jan
20-05-2005, 16:13
shiny chrome wheels = no better :wink:

Tommo
20-05-2005, 16:24
Why are gold wheels associated with chavs??

MatBrown
20-05-2005, 16:28
He looked at me and decided to get my phone number based on my large manhood. :D

If the Williams is good enough for Frank, it says its not Chav to me.

:shock:

Mat.

Swervin_Mervin
20-05-2005, 16:35

Scoobys and Williams. :wink:

Tommo
20-05-2005, 16:55

Scoobys and Williams. :wink:

I don't really view a scooby or a williams as being chavvy, they're definitely not in the same category as Saxo's, Nova's, Corsa's etc. from the Max Power brigade so can't understand why people see the gold wheel thing as chavvy?? Although I do see a saxo knocking about Runcorn with sprayed gold wheel trims...... :lol:

Swervin_Mervin
20-05-2005, 16:58
Oh believe me scoobies and willys are well chavvy. They're the natural progression from a corsa/punto/mk2 clio billabong. :wink:

Enid
20-05-2005, 19:12
Who cares what people think anyway. If they don't appreciate what the car is and put it in the same mould as saxo's etc then their opinion is null and void as far as i'm concerened. I don't feel the need to justify my car to anyone. If they like it and want to know more about it great..........if they dont, well its no skin off my nose.

Jamie.
20-05-2005, 19:16
williams = chav??? wtf! show me a chav that can afford a 2.0 16v that is in insurance grp 17! surely depending on chavy a car is depends on the driver and the mods? clio with tatseless mods and flat capped driver = chav, clio with sensible normal person at wheel = non-chav.
THIS CHAV MALARKY IS GOING TOOOOOO FAR!!!!

VIPERONE
20-05-2005, 20:37
the only chav i know with a williams is Ballcrusher...

KingStromba
20-05-2005, 20:43
David Beckham is a chav. Chav doesnt mean poor

richy
20-05-2005, 20:49
lol my mate thought mine was a 1.2 that i stuck some gold wheels on when he first saw it , no one knew what it was, had to explain in detail the dopey fcuks lol! :lol: saying that i was using my mates 172 and they thought that was a 1.2 aswell lol

Enid
20-05-2005, 21:51
The best way of explaining something is through demonstration :D

WeZ01y
20-05-2005, 22:31
Yea i got the same comments passed to me at work "its a chavs car anyway!"
I didnt even bother with them.... just gave it death in the car park and next day they soon changed their minds hehehe

KingStromba
20-05-2005, 23:00
I was told my boss 'hmm nice car, what engine is it, 1.4...1.2?'

Zollo
21-05-2005, 01:00
A chav is someone who has a penchant for designer sports wear and generally has no taste in clothing. Excessive amounts of jewelery also common.

Other common traits associated with people who dress like this are - no moral values or respect for others, little or no education bar the period before they got expelled from school for beating/shagging/nicking from some one at senior school, a craving to have kids way before they can financially support them without scrounging from the state, no class/manners/social ettiquate skills, and very limited chances of high earnings.

A Williams could be seen as a Chavvy car, because you could say that gold wheels and hot hatches appeal to people like this. HOWEVER, that is not to say that all Williams owners are Chav.

Please don't anyone take this the wrong way! :?

BenR
21-05-2005, 01:39
its inevitable, everything goes through a phase of distaste.

Gold wheels, blue car........its a tacky combo......your lucky its got some heritage to pull it off.

After all, a valver on gold wheels gets slagged lol.

Enid
21-05-2005, 01:47
Big HP's old valver with gold Willy wheels looked sh!t hot!!!

KingStromba
21-05-2005, 02:04
Im a chav

Smokey McPot
21-05-2005, 02:10
wow. whats it like?

:lol:

Tiger
21-05-2005, 11:37
everthing in this day and age is labelled 'chav' im sick to death of hearin the ****in word!