PDA

View Full Version : What's with the bad blood ...

Purple
19-05-2005, 17:50
... between CS people and some of the guys here? Was there a big blow out between you guys before my time on the forum? Am starting to notice some perfectly decent threads being deleted over there.

Not looking for rants here, just want to be clued into how it got this way. Or, if you're gonna rant anyway; just PM me. Can't we just get along or, at least be a bit more diplomatic about things.

NOTE: Moderator, please delete this thread; if it gets out of hand.

Martin
19-05-2005, 18:16
King Stromba got banned from cliosport so is'nt a big fan of the place lol ....virtually everyone else on here used to be on cs but due to the way it's being moderated/new rules most of us post a lot less on there or don't even bother.....I have'nt got a problem with cs or peeps off there I just think it's a shame that it's has gone downhill so much. :(

KingStromba
19-05-2005, 18:50
Its full of chavs now that just want to lower their cars and fit lexus lights. innit.......

...and thats just the moderators. Aiiiiiigh. :wink:

FATBOY
19-05-2005, 18:57
right first off no this topic wont be deleted! i dont have a problem with CS and im pleased to say i have made many friends of there,and thanks to CS this site would never have existed but the only problem i have is a beef with 2 mods of there(not a beef as in want a fight) who were PM'ing me and saying i was running an anti cliosport site and they made posts on CS with links to posts made on here which were lets say a bit derogatory(but were deleted) but saying i was running an anti cliosport site is simply not true! and that really wound me up so bad! so after that happened i vowed never to post on CS again! and so far i have not and dont intend to again!

KingStromba
19-05-2005, 19:02
So the plan to blow up cathys house is on hold then fat boy?

FATBOY
19-05-2005, 19:03
ssssssssssshhhhhhhhh keep it quiet agent stromba! :lol:

Jamie.
19-05-2005, 21:14
[quote=NOTE: Moderator, please delete this thread; if it gets out of hand.[/quote]

that aint need over here mate!

Lunner
19-05-2005, 23:13
On the whole most of the peopel on cliosprot are ok, tehre are just a few tossers, mod included who really piss me off, hence me posting less and less there, and more and more elsewhere

KingStromba
19-05-2005, 23:19
Lunner comes Jill approved so is alright in my book

MatBrown
20-05-2005, 01:56
It used to be a lot better over there in the early days when it was a smaller close knit community but as it grew it attracted more and more idiots, don't get me wrong, i still go on there as much as i used too and even help out with the running of the club but there is a decline in the number of topics that are actually relevent to me.
That's the thing i like about this place, i don't think it will grow out of hand as the cars catered for are no longer in production and i know these card inside out so am able to offer help and advice.

Mat.

northy
20-05-2005, 07:32
I still work for them (area rep) and will continue to do so.

But i can agree certain people seamed to be getting picked on so they left.

Its rare there is anything Mk1 related on now unless someone has bought angel lights for there clio.

J o n
20-05-2005, 08:13
mate, it's rare if there is anything ever car related... when's the last time you could openly talk about a cars performance on their without the thread been deleted? nothing on there is relevent to me as a MK1 owner I feel, and it has moved away from being a car club, it's more of a general chat forum for teenagers and their little angsty problems... i've made a load of friends from there though, which I think is deffo a good thing, plus it also puts in perspective how much better this club is when it's run by true car enthusiasts.

KingStromba
20-05-2005, 09:07
It used to be a lot better over there in the early days when it was a smaller close knit community but as it grew it attracted more and more idiots, don't get me wrong, i still go on there as much as i used too and even help out with the running of the club but there is a decline in the number of topics that are actually relevent to me.
That's the thing i like about this place, i don't think it will grow out of hand as the cars catered for are no longer in production and i know these card inside out so am able to offer help and advice.

Mat.

Mat, when i need a part number i always think of you :D

When i look at my overspray i alwaysthink of Daz's dissaproving look :D

Purple
20-05-2005, 09:27
So, it would appear that:

1. No one there likes King Stromba (Wow! Big surprise)
2. The mods appear to be overzealous in their management.
3. The "old days" there were more fun like this place.
4. Some think their forums are tame and unrelated to mk1s.
5. Though most that come over here, also read their forums there.

Doesn't seem too bad. Was expecting girlfriend stealing and car scratching in the mix. I guess CS is now run more like a proper club with rules, while WilliamsClio is like a local drinking pub where people tend to "arse" around a bit more.

KingStromba
20-05-2005, 09:47
I think we have rules, but we are adults and can organise ourselves based on normal social parameters. This is called social skills, and is something that doesnt develop until you reach adulthood. The petty squabling and infighting that occurs on the 'dark side' probably reflects the club members immature / spoilt attitudes.

Running a club like Stalins Soviet Union doesnt, in my opinion, make it anymore of a proper club. It just goes to show that if you took Kathy and placed her in Saddams position 15 years ago, the Kurds would probably still have been gassed, because 'they dont agree with Kathys way of doing things'. Hitler may have been evil, but there are alot of people in todays world that would do the same given the opportunity. This has been proved scientifically (as far as psychology is science, but thats another story).

The whole point of a club is to have fun and enjoy yourselves. The problem with 'the dark side' is that the owners are very dogmatic and dictatoral and they do not have the social skills to prevent this spilling into the running of the club. Id imagine that if you were at a dinner party at Kathy and Wayne's, it would be ok to talk as long as it was on the subject that Kathy wanted to talk about, and the food would have to be to Kathys liking, if she wanted meat and there was a vegetarian coming, tough shit.

Now im sure Northy disagrees with alot of what others say. But he is intelligent enough to realise that he cant 'make' others fall into his way of thinking. Everyone is different and everyone deserves the respect of being treated like an indivudual. Beating people into 'your way of thinking' is a step back to Mother Russia at the height of the cold war.

Its not possible to bully other to your way of thinking, and just leads to revolt and revolution. Does the break up of the Soviet empire and what is happening on 'the dark side' have any relevance to each other? I think there are certain parallels there. When something gets too big and has too many cheifs with intollerant attitudes, the people will put up with it for so long before they say enough is enough. First there is discent. Then action. Williams Clio is really just an analogy of Kurdistan or the Ukraine. A group of people who no longer want to associate with the home land as we have are own way of life and own traditions. However, just like these countries we probably have relatives or trade agreements with the home land that prevents all ties being cut. So a loose, yet non bonding relationship remains.

People always look for fesh ideas to solve existing problems when often the answer lies in the past. :D

Purple
20-05-2005, 10:13
Yo, King "Dennis Miller" Stromba. Eh... possibly you were looking for the words "overbearing control freaks" in there somewhere. Your quasi-geopolitical history analogy had me choking with pride that we all live is a free world!!! :D :D But a little less wordy would have been, you know, nice.

big hp
20-05-2005, 10:15
LOL ^^^^^^

Simple but effective is what we like purplesun. Not rambleing on :wink:

2 live
20-05-2005, 10:26
lol

tbh i dont have any grief with anyone on cs

iv made a hell of a lot of friends off there, and still stay in touch with em. main reason i stopped posting on there is that u cant swear, talk about races, speeding, 0-60s etc etc etc....which means theres nothing relevant on there for me to post about lol ......well without it gettin deleted lol

i had a few threads that got deleted then put back up, then deleted again then moved etc etc etc..but others were putting similar posts, enthusing the excellence of the 172 rather than the williams whos werent deleted, moved etc.....so that was it for me lol