PDA

View Full Version : 1.8 16v for sale £950

JohnGordon
18-04-2007, 16:03
PH1 Red 110,000 miles.

Picked it up only a week ago. It has a few problems with it.

Its got big 17" wheels on it with 215/40 R17's on it. Trams like buggery. Problem was traced to track rod ends. Has since been sorted. Car can be suplied with 17" wheels for £100 more or with 5 spoke valver wheels with centre caps.

Power steering was not working, fixed by putting fluid in it, no leaks and it working fine.......there are some strange people out there!

Found oil in water, Replacing engine, engine is currently out. Engine going in is from a 70,000 mile valver, have recipt and old mot from donor as proof. Cost me £200 for the engine and is being fitted for £150. Including new cambelt.

Passenger side rear wheel bearing is groaning its head off, this will be replaced again at a cost to me.

Washer jets refuse to spray, not looked into this, and as per my post in "mechanical" headlight stalk is playing up......you can fix this :D

Car has 5 months MOT and 5 months TAX so can be driven away.

I paid £775 for this car an it hurt badly when I found all these problems. Its costing me a fair whack to put it all right, and even then there are a few niggles that need sorting like window swiches on the drivers side.

The Mrs is going mad at me and so I am putting it up for sale, I can put a full 12 month MOT on if required but will be at cost to the buyer (£35)

It has a superchipped ECU, cat thru pipe, mongoose system. K&N. Working non leaking sunroof, no creases in the roof, has had the arches repaired. Interior is tidy. Paint is in good condition.

Its not a bad loker to be fair and I have paid the brunt of the repairs, all thats left to do is change some switches ect ect.

£950 OVNO

big hp
18-04-2007, 18:16
Be interested to see some pics mate.

Will help with selling it too.

JohnGordon
18-04-2007, 18:29
Will post pictures tonight. For now though here is the EBAY link from when I bought it. I did not win the auction but the winner cocked on the deal and I got a second chance offer. heres the link.

http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=002&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&viewitem=&item=120104000521&rd=1&rd=1

I have been honest to say that the car as present is far from perfect. But as I said I have done or am doing the big problems and the owner will have only small things to fix.
Here is the list of things that will need doing.

Head light stalk, wont stay on full beam when on main beam, can flash when on main beam either, works fine on sidelights and when no lights are on.

As you can see from the pics in the ad there are chav speakers in the doors, needs standard grills putting in.

Drivers door window switches need replacing.

parcel shelf has 6x9 holes in them.

needs the black trim on the boot replacing, where the badges go. been sprayed red and badges taken off.

non of the engine covers are there, but I may have them with the new engine, guy is checking for me.

Apart from that it is fine, like I said it looks good in red, and you dont see many about. Interior is mint, seats are in really good knick.

OH, Ignore the red on the steering wheel...........already been rubbed down and resprayed in black :D

JohnGordon
19-04-2007, 14:31
17" wheels now sold. Its now wearing proper 1.8 16v wheels.

John

JohnGordon
21-04-2007, 11:53
RIGHT.

I have had enough of this car now, it now needs a new door as I have kicked a big dent in it.

It needas new sill on drivers side. and a brake pipe has let go on the rear. Fisrt one with a few hundred pounds can just take it away. Open to sensible offers. I just want rid. :cry: