PDA

View Full Version : None rattle exhaust...This any good?

cliolord
13-04-2007, 20:21
I have a mongoose and want something alot quieter, less chav tastic and does NOT knock. Was looking at this, it looks like a scorpion?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Renault-Clio-Stainless-Exhaust-1-8-16v-1-4rt_W0QQitemZ130098688865QQihZ003QQcategoryZ38786Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

1995clio16v
13-04-2007, 20:33
Oy Lord!

I have a mongoose!

What makes them chavy?

cliolord
13-04-2007, 21:01
no offence but they are massive lol not my style. They knock like crap and sound abit loud. I prefer something less in your face. I have thought about going totally standard with the exhaust but im still in 2 minds. If none come up for sale, i prob will go standard. What do i go for?

Joel
13-04-2007, 21:03
It's a Magnex.. :roll:

Postage is a bit robbing IMO!!

1995clio16v
13-04-2007, 22:24
no offence but they are massive lol not my style. They knock like crap and sound abit loud. I prefer something less in your face. I have thought about going totally standard with the exhaust but im still in 2 minds. If none come up for sale, i prob will go standard. What do i go for?

When you say massive I presume you mean they stick out a lot!?

Theyre only 3 inch round which mine is. Thats pretty standard isnt it?

Mine knocks like ****.

I dont think theyre too loud until you boot it.

I have been thinking about changing it!

Laine_16v
14-04-2007, 09:32
Yeah i got a mongoose and hate the way they stick out.

And the way the love to smack the torsion bar all the time.

cliolord
14-04-2007, 14:51
When you say massive I presume you mean they stick out a lot!?

Theyre only 3 inch round which mine is. Thats pretty standard isnt it?

Mine knocks like f**k.

I dont think theyre too loud until you boot it.

I have been thinking about changing it!

It's stupidly loud on mine as im running a cammed willy engine and the car is stripped. I need options otherwise I may go and buy another stainless system which im not happy with. Bass direct has just informed me that my exhaust could be a Piper exhaust aswell? Does look like mongoose to me and was on the car when I bought it from Lee

cliolord
14-04-2007, 14:55
U guys want to get some decent exhaust rubbers, mine only used to knock on track but now I've got some half decent rubbers it doesn't knock at all anymore.

It does stick out a bit too far but there's something about it I like, sounds different to all the rest of the exhausts as well.

No rubbers will sort this mate, believe me I spent 2 hours yesterday dropping it all off, downpipe and everything. Put it back on piece by piece and the damn thing knocked even more so ive now cable tied tones of land rover innertubes around it. Frustrating piece of. I am also thinking of a 4,2,1 front system as it makes a horrible raspy blowing sound and I have already replaced the 2 springs and O-ring on the downpipe at a cost of 25quid from Ripoff Renault. I dont want a supersprint as I've been told they crack and get stuck on due to the support mount being non-existant. I just need something im happy with :roll:

A rattle free, reasonably quiet exhaust of about 1.5-2" straight through would be more than ideal with a 2" exit

Clio_GTT
14-04-2007, 18:55
U guys want to get some decent exhaust rubbers, mine only used to knock on track but now I've got some half decent rubbers it doesn't knock at all anymore.

It does stick out a bit too far but there's something about it I like, sounds different to all the rest of the exhausts as well.

No rubbers will sort this mate, believe me I spent 2 hours yesterday dropping it all off, downpipe and everything. Put it back on piece by piece and the damn thing knocked even more so ive now cable tied tones of land rover innertubes around it. Frustrating piece of. I am also thinking of a 4,2,1 front system as it makes a horrible raspy blowing sound and I have already replaced the 2 springs and O-ring on the downpipe at a cost of 25quid from Ripoff Renault. I dont want a supersprint as I've been told they crack and get stuck on due to the support mount being non-existant. I just need something im happy with :roll:

A rattle free, reasonably quiet exhaust of about 1.5-2" straight through would be more than ideal with a 2" exit

1.5" would rob you of so much power, you want a 2.25 system, the magnex's are quite quiet !