PDA

View Full Version : Beaten by a Corsa.............

Coops
12-04-2007, 00:57
............... but it did have coilies, 6 gears and the small matter of 280bhp! :lol:

didnt do too bad tho tbh :twisted:

Guy who owned it was sound n all, gave me a spare one way valve for me brake servo pipe to replace my faulty one, his boot was like a spares bin for turbo heads! :lol:

Martin
12-04-2007, 08:00
lol those let corsas are sick, could you not show him a corner?

nyk
12-04-2007, 08:01
It were a 2ltr turbo then.

:D

Joel
12-04-2007, 10:24
hmmm i think i no who it could have been might have been tim :wink:

Check Tappits' site all the high performance Vaux's in roth and sheff

www.tappits.co.uk

Coops
12-04-2007, 20:14
showed him a corner mate, he went round it! he's on colies n all so there was nowt in it :shock: till the straights n he ****ed off! :lol:

gonna lower mine a bit more i think, needs to have lower centre of gravity as was a bit skittish, more so than i'd like anyway!

ai nky, 2.0 turbo, 284bhp i think he said last RR and small turbo so less laggy than mine n all! wasnt a total white wash tbh, did okay but wasnt gonna emerge victorious! :lol:

Joel - doh, never did ask the guys name, me him n Amdaman were sat about till like midnight chattin n all! :oops:

richy
12-04-2007, 20:20
pah, beaten by a corsa! TUT TUT! :wink:

i know theres a very fast black mk1 corsa turbo knocking about, not worth playing with lol

nyk
12-04-2007, 22:57
Corsas with the red top 2.0ltr and Calibra 2ltr turbo engine are very quick. Lee has owned 3 iirc.

Coops
12-04-2007, 23:08
hmmm i think i no who it could have been might have been tim :wink:

Check Tappits' site all the high performance Vaux's in roth and sheff

www.tappits.co.uk

Tim is Tappits :lol: he owns a turqoise GSi Red Top, none turbo, this guys was full fat Calibra Turbo Lump! :oops:

nyk
12-04-2007, 23:13
not surprised you got beat pal tbh.

Some of the fastest clios around on this site would struggle to keep with a corsa which had a calibra turbo lump.

:wink:

Coops
12-04-2007, 23:29
me either, doesnt make it any easier to swallow

altho to be fair he did say the cars a **** load of hassle and he was trying to sell it to some young lad! :lol:

mines shinier n all :P

and lee, i think that was you, stop using her profile! :wink:

Lee Keefy
12-04-2007, 23:41
post is nowt to do with me pal!!!!

i've had corsa's with 2.0 xe's in which were damn quick (no doubt someone will be along soon to say otherwise! :roll: ) but 2.0 turbo were a different league.

there were a guy who i knew had a 270bhp 1 who used to enjoy the fact it gave people false hope,1st-scrabble no movement,2nd-scrabble then a little movement then 3rd watch it pass and dissapear!!!!

no fun as a daily drive but good for a giggle :lol:

Coops
12-04-2007, 23:45
:oops: just u've posted under nky's account b4, called it wrong this time!lol she's never called me 'pal' before is all!

exactly what this guy said, fun as anything and like u say, no power down in anything below 3rd, but he has extra gear n all with the 6 speed so its a blast on the m/ways! :twisted:

there was another corsa there, that was 2.0 xe poweresd (150bhp is it?) but it was slapped into a totally std 1.2 shell, and i mean totally std, only other thing the guy changed was brakes, was bouncing all over the shop.under heavy accn. car was poppin up at front so high the tow bar was hittin the deck at the back, mad as out watchin that in your rear view mirror whilst at the same time trying to concentrate on catching the 280bhp turboed one rapidly disappearing in front!
:lol:

Lee Keefy
12-04-2007, 23:49
:oops: just u've posted under nky's account b4, called it wrong this time!lol she's never called me 'pal' before is all!

exactly what this guy said, fun as anything and like u say, no power down in anything below 3rd, but he has extra gear n all with the 6 speed so its a blast on the m/ways! :twisted:

there was another corsa there, that was 2.0 xe poweresd (150bhp is it?) but it was slapped into a totally std 1.2 shell, and i mean totally std, only other thing the guy changed was brakes, was bouncing all over the shop.under heavy accn. car was poppin up at front so high the tow bar was hittin the deck at the back, mad as out watchin that in your rear view mirror whilst at the same time trying to concentrate on catching the 280bhp turboed one rapidly disappearing in front!
:lol:

theres a red one,lowered on alloys and a beat up white one arrived up here lately,they look rough as toast but i think thats the idea :lol:

nyk
12-04-2007, 23:53
Its slepper styley, complete with steelies. lol

Soory Coops, I'll call you hun in future. :wink:

Coops
13-04-2007, 00:00
:D

AmDaMan
01-05-2007, 19:28
was a good night that.

That corsa was rapid.

You still left the CTR, Corsa Redtop and a few others though ;)

Tappits has a 2L red top n/a but it's quick as theres no weight at all, he's even drilled parts of the chassis out.

Dancliovalver
01-05-2007, 20:13
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y195/dancliovalver/th_CorsavsMazda.jpg (http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y195/dancliovalver/?action=view&current=CorsavsMazda.flv)

:twisted:

VIPERONE
01-05-2007, 23:17
there are a number of sleepers to fear in the north west, one of them lives in bacup and belongs to martin lord.. a 400bhp corsa, and the other belongs to my mate dale in Whitworth which is a turbo Nova lol

My mate sold Pikie a 2.0l nova redtop... that was quick...

all the red top NOVA's/ Corsa's seem quick...ive driven a few ...seem very torquey

nyk
01-05-2007, 23:58
I think you'll find Lordy's corsa is about 280bhp.

Its a 2.1 corsa red top running a courtney conversion, it says on the back "cossie killer" which has been proved as lies on more than one occasion.

Lordy's corsa is hardly a sleeper as its covered in daft bodykit :roll:

northy
02-05-2007, 07:46
wow that corsa did a great time !