PDA

View Full Version : Bandwidth issues at the end of the month

VIPERONE
03-04-2007, 18:47
Surely a fee paying website with the numbers of members this should not be happening?

2 live
03-04-2007, 19:36
its the free package the guy gave us.....not big enuff.

or summat

summeh
03-04-2007, 19:40
The hosting company charges a silly amount for bandwidth overage. Like 10quid per 1gb extra per month...

Northy has already spent 60quid extra last month iirc.

I just don't think he was around on Saturday to pay the extra fee to get the site going again, remember he doesn't have net access at home, and he is the only one who is able to pay the extra fees.

northy
04-04-2007, 08:03
i heard the site had gone down when our kid told me - i imediatly text our provider to stick 2 gig on the meter - i thought he had done - looks like he hadnt.

Im sorry. Why didnt you text gunner to let me know ??? :winkey:

The problem we have is we are now at our limit of bandwidth avaliable from our current hosts. He cannot give us anymore....we are knocking out 35gig a month since December 2006.

I looked at our meter when i was last on a pc (thursday) and i thought we would of been ok - looks like i was 12 hours off being correct ! lol.

Purple
04-04-2007, 09:26
iavaliable from our current hosts. He cannot give us anymore....we are knocking out 35gig a month since December 2006.
That's an average of over 1GB per day! That sounds too much to me for mostly text data. Is the local caching working or is the cache too small? If the site is that hot, may be you should think about earning some ad revenue to pay for itself.

Zollo
04-04-2007, 09:30
Surely a fee paying website with the numbers of members this should not be happening?

Console yourself with the fact that you pay 2p a day to use the site. I'm sure someone can reimburse you if you really feel hard done by :wink:

northy
04-04-2007, 09:32
iavaliable from our current hosts. He cannot give us anymore....we are knocking out 35gig a month since December 2006.
That's an average of over 1GB per day! That sounds too much to me for mostly text data. Is the local caching working or is the cache too small? If the site is that hot, may be you should think about earning some ad revenue to pay for itself.

dont like ad revenue mate - but how do i check the cache settings ?

Purple
04-04-2007, 10:03
dont like ad revenue mate - but how do i check the cache settings ?Sorry, I just realized host caching is more a performance related issue. You will still be charged for the data I/O whatever the host cache setting maybe. Got it mix-up with with local PC caching (which will save some data I/O to the web host but probably negligible). :oops:

northy
04-04-2007, 10:26
cool

I have no idea what the hell youve just said ! lol

Purple
04-04-2007, 10:33
I have no idea what the hell youve just said ! lol
Me neither. I just have an infinite number of monkeys here typing up these things for me. :D

northy
04-04-2007, 10:36
8)