PDA

View Full Version : For Sale - 1997 Renault Clio 1.4 Maxim S (Now 1.8 16v)

Nick16v
16-03-2007, 12:39
I think the time has now come where i am looking to sell my clio. As most people know, it started life as a 1.4 Maxim S, but now had a 1.8 16v clio engine put in. Obviously with the convsersion, i have uprated the suspension, brakes and exhaust to aftermarket 1.8 16v spec. No expense spared, i have spent thousands on the car and lots of recipts to show. But there is a slight problem with it now, the powersteering belt we suspect is slack, which in turn has potentially broken the alternator, or just where the belt is slack, its not running to the requirements of the alternator. The other problem is that the cambelt is slightly slack, it hasnt slipt, but obviously, im not driving it now tho because if it did slip, then i would be in even bigger trouble.... but these are the only problems that i see on the car which would need highlighting.

The car itself has only done just over 65,000 miles, and the engine has done just over 80,000 miles, so for a 16v engine that came out of a L plate car, its a very low mileage engine for the year.

The car is registered through the DVLA as a 1.8 16v now.

The car comes with tax until the 31st of May 07, and the MOT runs out on the 20th of September 07.

Good points:

Engine Parts -

New Accelerator Cable - Renault
New Manifold Gasket - Renault
New Renault Spark Plugs - Renault
New Exhaust Clamps - Renault
New/Recon 1.8 16v Gearbox - Renault
New Clutch Kit - Euro Car Parts
New Cltuch Cable - Euro Car Parts
New Waterpump - Euro Car Parts
New Fuel Pump - Euro Car Parts
New Oil & Air Filter - Euro Car Parts
New Cambelt Kit - Camberly Auto Factors
New Head Gasket - Camberly Auto Factors
New Fuel Filter - Camberly Auto Factors
Genuine Renault Coolant, Fluids, Screenwash etc. - Renault
Engine Oil, Gearbox Oil, Powersteering Fluid - Halfords

Theres other things which i havent put in because i dont understand what they are and there other recipts which are around the house. Will update later if i find them.

Other Parts -
Avo fully ride and height adjustable coilovers
Magnex cat-back full stainless system
Brembo max disks and pads on the front
4 brand new toyo proxy t-1's
Colour coded engine covers
ITG Panel Filter
No rust on the shell bar the underside of the bonnet. (A second bonnet will be included in the sale.
Remote Central Locking
Electric Windows
16v Interior
Fusion MP3 CD Player
Alpine Components Speakers
Kenwood Speakers

Bad Points -

The Slack Cambelt/ Powersteering Belt Problem
Potential Broken Alternator
Rust on the underside of bonnet.
The normal little dents around the car (parking dents and that), but a biggish dent on the bonnet, but comes with another bonnet in the sale.
Wheels could do with a refurb.

Heres some pictures.....

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m19/MaximSNick88/DSCF0576.jpg

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m19/MaximSNick88/DSCF0575.jpg

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m19/MaximSNick88/DSCF0574.jpg

For all the money i have spent, im looking for offers around a £1000 seeing as the coilovers were almost £500 alone.....

Cheers
Nick