PDA

View Full Version : SMOKED a WRX last night :D

J o n
07-03-2007, 10:09
Was a 51 plate, think it's a hawkeye, but it had the latest Scooby front end on it... and damn I fogot how sloooooow these things are! The Willy could leave them easily, this was a waste of petrol though if truth be told...

Comnig back from work and he's sat on my arse with a mate in the car, looked in there 30's and just wanted a laugh... so he undertakes me as I pootle round the RA, so thought bollocks to it, you can have a head start... let him get a good 5 cars infront before giving it death and by mid 3rd I'm on him. Next RA and I let him get a 2 car start on me, but by the end of 2nd I was coming past to his shock and horror. After that it was a case of sit in front blasting flames and coving his car in petrol deposits 8)

northy
07-03-2007, 10:33
class....you need to find HIS thread on a subaru site now lol

J o n
07-03-2007, 11:33
that would be nice, but Subaru owners tend not to post up that they got smoked, especially by a Clio... it's the fastest car in the world remember? ;) lol

I'll check on scoobynet though, never thought of that :D

oh, one thing I do recall is the passeger motioning that my car smelt... but they do use a fair bit of oil these things... better than the orrible cat smell!

stevie_b
07-03-2007, 12:20
You are right about it being a waste of petrol!

2 live
07-03-2007, 12:21
u sure it werent petrol smell?? was quite bad last time i was behind u

J o n
07-03-2007, 12:23
could be aye, it does wiff quite a bit when you're behind I'm told. understandable when you see how much it uses though! lol

... and Jon, what do you mean behind me, surely that can't be right? ;) lol

2 live
07-03-2007, 14:04
lol.was giving u the customary head start for the slower car ;)

J o n
07-03-2007, 14:25
lol, that's better ;) pmsl

I heard 159 destroyed itself to save the shame and is avoiding my car? any truth to this rumour?

Joel
07-03-2007, 15:01
Nice1!!!

i hate scoobys with a passion :lol: :twisted:

J o n
07-03-2007, 15:33
don't hate the car, it's the low lives that drive them round wearing burberry caps with 14 year old slappers in the passenger seats... lol

I love the classic shape, may get one one day... prolly not though, but I do like and respect them. This one I didn't respect though, it was too bloody slow.

Clio = Cat

Subaru = Mouse

(this was no Tom and Jerry story either ;) )

stan
07-03-2007, 18:09
yours was chucking petrol out the back, or his was?

nyk
07-03-2007, 21:25
yours was chucking petrol out the back, or his was?

That would be Jesus! Me and Lee suffered for 3 days after with fume intake after driving behind him for an hour. lol- my car also looked like I had just sprayed it with a petrol pump, and I'm sure the ammount of fuel on my bonnet/bumper would have got us home if only I could have got it in my tank. pmsl :wink:

stan
07-03-2007, 21:28
doesnt sound very right lol

sounds like you need to get it set up properly matey,

bill.
07-03-2007, 22:25
are you sure it wasn't a sport and not a turbo....?

ha ha.....only joking, fooking nice one, would have liked to see the look on there face as you smoked past! :lol:

Joel
07-03-2007, 23:49
don't hate the car, it's the low lives that drive them round wearing burberry caps with 14 year old slappers in the passenger seats... lol

I love the classic shape, may get one one day... prolly not though, but I do like and respect them. This one I didn't respect though, it was too bloody slow.

Clio = Cat

Subaru = Mouse

(this was no Tom and Jerry story either ;) )

same here Pal, But i dont like scoobys never have! Theyve Turned into chav cars as u say!

14year old car slags in em :lol:

stevie_b
08-03-2007, 00:02
Bit of a generalisation there?

Joel
08-03-2007, 00:10
Oooops :lol: :roll:

stevie_b
08-03-2007, 00:11
Too right. I'm 15 :lol:

Joel
08-03-2007, 00:14
Sorry Mate, Its Just they really have been chavved round here, not saying every scooby is. But thats jus how it is in Barnsley, rotherham, doncaster, :lol:

stevie_b
08-03-2007, 00:21
I know what you mean - similar down here, there's no denying it, and so we're all tarred with the same brush. But mine are as they came from the factory, externally at least, and I think look the better for it (as the original valvers/Willys do)

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j299/2stis/2stis.jpg

In another 5 years they'll be as rare as an original mint Willy :lol: :lol:

DaveH
08-03-2007, 00:21
I know what you mean, i have a severe thing against doncater vehicle modifiers, had to go up there for block release college every couple of months- hated every minute lol

J o n
08-03-2007, 13:16

lol, cant tell if that's yet another dig at Andy, but as Richard (CEO of OMEX) has looked at the car and the map on it and in his own words says "it's pretty much perfect" I'm inclined to go with the experts opinion on this one :roll:

stan
08-03-2007, 22:41
Where did I say Andy mapped it...I didnt know he did...nor did I assume??

It wasnt a dig at all, just a bit of friendly advice.

As for an experts opinion...theres obviously a problem with your engine, It doesnt take an expert to work that out. Maybe you should get the good Mr Wragg to map it for you.....

Maybe its over-fuelling on over-run...this wouldnt be picked up on a sweep fuelling trace (I assume its this sort of data Richard looked at? as theres little you can see ont eh map itself to indictate how its performing.).

richy
08-03-2007, 22:53
I know what you mean, i have a severe thing against doncater vehicle modifiers, had to go up there for block release college every couple of months- hated every minute lol

lol take it you mean doncaster!! i live there and see loads of shite modded cars, funny as fook some of them!

nyk
08-03-2007, 23:06

lol, cant tell if that's yet another dig at Andy, but as Richard (CEO of OMEX) has looked at the car and the map on it and in his own words says "it's pretty much perfect" I'm inclined to go with the experts opinion on this one :roll:

hey over fuellin is better than it running lean!! :)

DaveH
08-03-2007, 23:23

lol take it you mean doncaster!! i live there and see loads of shite modded cars, funny as fook some of them!

Yeah mate, not a dig at donny people just a select few :wink: I had to stay at a campanile near the dome/racecourse and that area was full of cars that looked like ss enterprise lol, and there was a lot of pickie's around there too!

richy
08-03-2007, 23:25
lol it dont bother me mate i wasnt born here!

yeah the dome area is boy racer HQ for here, good fun to go pick on all the bodykitted 1.2s lol :lol:

DaveH
08-03-2007, 23:30
I only had a 1.2 clio at the time but we would go out in my mates punto gt having some good blasts around the roundabouts and m18 wearing my Man utd shirt lol- was like a red rag to a bull!

All good fun though filled up with some nicer machinery when the donny show was on though.

richy
08-03-2007, 23:35
lol

you do see the odd nice car, best place is to head to shell garage! v-power... like flys to shit! lol

DaveH
08-03-2007, 23:39
:roll: :lol:

J o n
09-03-2007, 10:00
Where did I say Andy mapped it...I didnt know he did...nor did I assume??

It wasnt a dig at all, just a bit of friendly advice.

As for an experts opinion...theres obviously a problem with your engine, It doesnt take an expert to work that out. Maybe you should get the good Mr Wragg to map it for you.....

Maybe its over-fuelling on over-run...this wouldnt be picked up on a sweep fuelling trace (I assume its this sort of data Richard looked at? as theres little you can see ont eh map itself to indictate how its performing.).

I can never tell these days, you tuning lot do love to snipe at each other... :roll:

I dont think there is a problem with my engine, it's been compression tested and the car was setup on a wideband AFR. It's been mapped so when I let off the throttle it adds a bit of fuel for overrun... which was something I wanted as it back fires and flames on it's own. I'm happy with Andy mapping it, he's the ONLY Omex approved fitter and mapper in the UK, so I wont take it anywhere else.

stan
09-03-2007, 10:11
Theres been a few instances in the past (i.e over a year ago) where comments may have been made about certain situations/work etc....thats in the past, done and dusted.

Im not in a position to make any personal stabs mate...Ive never met the bloke!!

As for your car, it will have had to be "setup on a wideband lambda gauge", thats a key part of mapping; that is mapping! It doesnt mean there cant be errors though (and by saying that im not implying there are, just making a point!).

so long as it drives ok, makes decent power, and the engine is in fine form....job done :D

J o n
09-03-2007, 10:21
fair enough Stan, sorry for over reacting mate, I'm just that used to seeing people write crap about Andy's mapping i'm tired of it tbh. Personally I've had no problems with his work, in fact I've been happier taking it to him than anyone else so far as he turns work around quick and efficiently and his attention to detail is excellent.

The map he's done on mine feels spot on, but I'm no expert so all I can go on is diagnostics that have been run, compression tests so I know the engine is okay (it was 195 on each cylinder too which is incredible imo) and how it drives and performs. The fuel smell is likely to be over run though, I asked Andy to play with the map so when I let off I dont have to tap the peddle to make it back fire, it just does it now... love the flames...

stan
09-03-2007, 10:25
gotta love the flames :lol:

northy
09-03-2007, 10:26
:therethere:

J o n
09-03-2007, 10:58
yeah had to have flames... uses more fuel like but **** it, they look and sound ace lol

stan
09-03-2007, 12:42

u want to give me head? :lol:

J o n
09-03-2007, 14:12

u want to give me head? :lol:

gives headwork a whole new meaning :lol:

nyk
09-03-2007, 14:36
^^^^ get a room gay boys! ^^^^

cliolord
09-03-2007, 19:23
oh yes, good to hear another clio lord had a wrx off the lights aswell ;) it was fun for me!!!

Joel
09-03-2007, 19:28

www.donnycruise.com

they alll hang in car park down near the dome!! :lol:

http://www.donnycruise.com/splash.jpg

richy
09-03-2007, 19:57
^^^ LOL i bet you have been to them loads of times!!!

Joel
09-03-2007, 20:00
I been once, was 100s of cars. as it was a Large Cruise was ok just loadsa chavs, and never been since dont see sitting in a car park on a week night or weekend much rather go out on piss 8)

DaveH
10-03-2007, 00:42
Thats the one near the bowling iirc? Was never ever that busy whilst i was there, three shit cars if you were lucky listening to kiddies trance. lol

Joel
10-03-2007, 22:42
Yeye it is mate, and that picture wor taken when a load of Cruisers from all over country came :lol:

richy
10-03-2007, 22:46
yeah causes nothing but hassle as the coppers pull over any young drivers then!