PDA

View Full Version : Was when the guides made members only?

BristolSam16v
31-01-2007, 18:58
Just looking for the widetrack list under the guides and its now members only :shock: aside from the usual comments about how stingy I must be not paying a fiver blah blah when did this happen :cry:

J o n
31-01-2007, 19:24
probably because another person that shall remain nameless took them for his own site and claimed them as his own work. its cheaper than copyright and hate to bang on about membership, but it's only £5 a year, so I suppose its only fair members get more privilaged access to these kind of things.

BristolSam16v
31-01-2007, 19:33
Fair enough!

matty
31-01-2007, 21:51
I'm a paid member and I can't access....

northy
01-02-2007, 08:55
i did it yesterday....purley for the reason to give more to the members that pay over forum users who can acsess everything for free....im sure everyone can understand that one.

Bills for this site are getting too much for the limited number of paid members to cover a year now.

2 live
01-02-2007, 09:26
but the hosting is now free int it??? or near as damn it.

so even 1 member would far outweigh the cost of running the site would it not??

northy
01-02-2007, 09:53
no chance jon.

The problem i have is bandwidth. For williamsclio its not the size of the site - its the amount of users we have loggin on. Bandwidth is exaclty the as a cap on a internet usage. We are capped at 30gig with our provider. We have a year free starting at the end of March 07 on the same package we are on now due to the data loss we had when he moved servers.

30gig has never been exceeded before January. Weve always been around the mid twenties for the last half year. Whether its been a one off month i dont know. I had to get a extra 6 gig added that cost £10 a gig to get us through.
The problem we then have is again with our provider. Our provider cannot offer more that 30gig to its customers as a top package as all his clients are on a shared server. We are now his largest customer full stop. Our provider will allow us to buy extra bandwidth uncapped for a maximum of 5 months. After this its back to 30gig. This is down to use slowing the service down for his other clients apparently and he needs to maintain a fair service to his clients sharing our server. Our provider would rather loose us it seams than offer us a custom deal.

So unless we can keep below 30gig a month we need to look at the future. Hence why we need to keep the memberships coming in now more than ever. Running the club should be more than just paying for hoisting. I need funds to offer competitions, pay outright for club events and offer further progression of the site.

Andy
01-02-2007, 10:35
increse membership to £10.00

Dancliovalver
01-02-2007, 11:25
as long as there were more privaledges for payed members then id quite happily pay a tenner a year :!:

J o n
01-02-2007, 11:35

been saying this for ages, look at other clubs like Scooby net or RTOC are over £20, even a tenner a year is nothing...

northy
01-02-2007, 16:37
as long as there were more privaledges for payed members then id quite happily pay a tenner a year :!:

more privaledges......im working on it !

any ideas ?

Zollo
01-02-2007, 17:04
more privaledges......im working on it !

any ideas ?

Free laps in your Cup. You can do the driving in between to keep the tyres warm for us :)

Andyvalver
01-02-2007, 17:19

been saying this for ages, look at other clubs like Scooby net or RTOC are over £20, even a tenner a year is nothing...

Id pay it :D

"Runs and hides from all the tight gits" :wink:

nyk
01-02-2007, 19:30
In retrospect, cliosport charge a fiver for membership, but they have loads of members and probably get loads signing up every week, so there's could probably be £2 a year and they'd still cover the cost of hosting.

Most other clubs are higer than the £7 or whatever it is we pay here. Why dont we have the membership increased to say £15, but for every new member, or renewal throw in a club sticker?? That way members will see it as worth while, and minus the £5 for the sticker, the club will still be getting £10 for membership services? Or something similar along those lines.

Just an idea??

Lee Keefy
01-02-2007, 21:09

with a free sticker :wink:

BRUN
01-02-2007, 22:23
how do i renew

im happy to pay a fiver, most of the members however are northerners, and therefore tight lol

i wouldnt pay £15 though im not as into cars as i used to be

darrenm1eqn
08-02-2007, 23:43
I'm a paid member and I can't access....

Same here

Joel
09-02-2007, 01:03
how do i renew

im happy to pay a fiver, most of the members however are northerners, and therefore tight lol
i wouldnt pay £15 though im not as into cars as i used to be

Die Cunt :twisted: :lol:

will 2
22-02-2007, 19:28
i paid a tenner and i aint got a sticker yet :lol: but i don,t mind as long as it helps the club, even though i still can't access any of the member only sites YET!! :wink:

simonr85
12-03-2007, 10:52
i might be able to host this website for you free in a month, as i am looking at purchasing a reseller account for all my websites. I currently have a hosting account for each of my websites, but as they have grown so big i need to expand and have 1 account for all my sites and this is the way forward.

So il let you know