PDA

View Full Version : My Hybrid vs. Type R Civic

cliolord
02-01-2007, 19:41
This was on private land obviously!

Let the engine warm up outside my work for 10minutes and drove it nice and slowly to let the gearbox warm up. After 5minutes or so of driving a Type R desides to tank it by on the dual carrage way (still private road :wink: - this happened about 30minutes ago). So I decided to go for it after stopping at a roundabout leading to another bypass. Off the road about i got behind him as he screams into VTec from 40mph (to 120mph im guessing as I have no speedo - 5,000rpm in 5th gear in the clio with JC5 box). If he wasnt in the fast lane, I would have nailed that civic big time and he did not look happy at all. Was toying with the throttle behind him :lol: Coming off the throttle and back on again at 5,000rpm in 5th feels amazing :lol:

Craig (Stan) said bhp should be between 175-180 but it feels a little higher than that to me! Although the verniers are quite wild atm and it doesn't idle nicely but once it comes on cam at 4,000rpm you can't stop the thing. An amazing job on the cylinder head by Craig most definitly, very chuffed with it!

Just as an idea to how lumpy the idle is right now, here is a video of it idling;

http://media.putfile.com/idling-92

What do you think of the idle? lol

Daz.
02-01-2007, 19:48
I say leave it as it is!

Sounds like a dawg :lol:

wavy
02-01-2007, 19:55
Sounds 8)

cliolord
02-01-2007, 19:58
lol does sound the way forward although the car shakes abit on idle :lol: