PDA

View Full Version : 205 gti 1.6

seanofnp
27-12-2006, 20:41
Some mouthy bastard i met the other night at the local "Cruise" told me i should have brought a mans car. Proper cocky little cunt he was, told me his 205 would kill my car, anyway i saw him down the garage on xmas day! He said to me he aint had any races at all today and was bored! So we went to my private track which consists of 2 roundabouts and a 300metre duel carrigeway.

Over the first roundabout he was clearly quicker coming over it, i knew he would be in all fairness, but up the incline to the 2nd round about i was touching his bumper all the way to the top once VTEC kicked in, then he came off the roundabout far quicker again and i was possible 3-4 carlengths behind, ****ing delsols dont do corners on 17" wheels apparently! Lol!

I then came bombing back down the hill and as soon as vtec engaged again i bombed passed him, only just outbreaked him too and flew over the roundabout past the finishing line.

I kinda knew it would be close, but not that close! 205s are defo not to be messed with round corners, especially in civics with roofs cut off! Lol!

I kinda wished i still had the valver going round the roundabout!

Anyway,

Del Sol 1
205 0

:D

bill.
28-12-2006, 09:57
yeah you can throw them 205's about for fun, hope he doesn't decide to drop an mi16 in it :shock:

Bayliss
28-12-2006, 11:33
me mates got 2 x 205's and one of them is a standard Mi16 and other is mi16 with cams throttlebodies u name it, not a slow car at all, looks the part now bcos he's took all the shitty bodykit off and put it back to standard, looks fantastic

nyk
28-12-2006, 14:53
205's are a really good car, my other half has had a few, but the 1.9 (as far as GTI goes- not counting the Mi16) is the one to have.

I had a similar feet with my next door neighbour in his 205 1.9gti, he underestimated the valver and was confident his 205 would leave my valver for dead. It was not the case when we finally had a do! he soon shut up, shall we say. Good car tho, and handle well.

LOL

Hulio
02-01-2007, 14:39
I've had a 1.6 and then a 1.9 205 gti, they are great cars but I loved my valver much more when I got it after, the 1.9 was sluggish compared to the valver.

Lee Keefy
02-01-2007, 16:33
i think the throttle responce on a good gti is far better than a valver imo,in my experience the gti's that come with mods (filter,exh,etc) are flat in comparison to a standard one,that said if it comes with mods its usually been"used".

ive had 2 that came with mods and after drivin an unmolested one you could see why everyone raved on about them back in the day.

:) :) :)

Zollo
03-01-2007, 09:47
I'd agree with that - the best 205 I had was a completely standard early 1.6. Better than a K&N and Magnex'd late 1.9 GTi that I replaced it with. They did say the 1.6 was sweeter than the bigger engine'd one anyway though...

And throttle response was unbelievable. It meant looking like a learner driver in stop-start traffic, but it was well worth it 8)

Lee Keefy
03-01-2007, 17:37
i know that feelin,

i used to attach a couple of springs to aid throttle return and help try to avoid those moments :!:

:oops: :oops: :oops: