PDA

View Full Version : Exceptional Williams 2

david porter
24-12-2006, 17:44
I have deiced to put my Williams 2 up for sale.

For a detailed descrition please visit:

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/121300.htm

Thanks for looking.

Mattie
24-12-2006, 19:46
mint mate! =P~

cliolord
25-12-2006, 01:26
i'm very jealous 8) looks ace good luck. Hope it goes to a respectable new owner

Andy
25-12-2006, 09:13
ohh looks like mine

Ali
30-12-2006, 18:18
Very nice...But overpriced!

Lunner
30-12-2006, 18:23
Very nice, i'd consider swapping that o/s fog lamp for a new one tho, spoils it

......and as above overpriced

ziggymini
31-12-2006, 20:51
I am glad other people thought this was overpriced, I have been to see this & while the bodywork is in good nick (has just had front end sprayed though) it is not standard & has a few things that may need doing soon.
What sort of price would you lovely people suggest as I cannot make him budge on the £4300!
Jaine

Andy
01-01-2007, 15:53
i didnt pay much more for mine on 40k 2 years ago

its hard to tell with out seeing the car but it looks good on the pictures prices on the willys are starting to rise again its just the sheds on ebay what ae cheap look in the trader all over 2k now

Touching Cloth
01-01-2007, 16:11
Seems on the high side to me but then I am new to this whole Willy business. I was eyeing up this one on Pistonheads

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/118042.htm

which looked like a good buy at £1300 less and with lower miles - alas I was not quite ready to purchase before it was gone.

Same as everything in life I suppose, worth what someone is willing to pay. Prices me out of considering it if there is little or no movement from £4300.

MatBrown
01-01-2007, 16:27
look in the trader all over 2k now

There's only one for sale in whole country on autotrader.

Mat.

Andy
01-01-2007, 17:47
is it over 2k

MatBrown
01-01-2007, 18:12
Yep.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RENAULT Clio Williams 2, 95 (trade)

* BLUE
* Hatchback

M reg. in stunning blue, sports seats, PAS, EW, alloys, CD Player, MOT/tax, not many Williams left in this conditon, bargain (Sports always wanted). £2,495. px
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mat.

ziggymini
02-01-2007, 10:50
Bloke still will not shift but rad is going on this, has bald tyre, clutch feels clunky, engine oil leak & has rust on tailgate & both arches...
Hmmm what to do..
Jaine

olliemk1
02-01-2007, 11:26
Buy mine...it's in as good nick by the sounds of it and I'll be selling for £3500 :o

Just waiting to get it back as I've had the passenger window replaced after it got smashed by some scroats :(

Zollo
02-01-2007, 11:30
At that price, with those issues, I wouldn't bother Jaine.

By the way - that was me you were texting about the Williams 2 recently. Sorry for letting you down. Hope you find a good one soon :)

ziggymini
02-01-2007, 11:58
Ahh hello! No worries. Typical I concentrated in the one closest to me though..
It does seem a very straight car though this one but that is a lot of money & I cant see willys going up in value that much!
Will carry on my search

Ollie - can u mail me details ziggymini@hotmail.co.uk please

Daz.
02-01-2007, 14:21
Bloke still will not shift but rad is going on this, has bald tyre, clutch feels clunky, engine oil leak & has rust on tailgate & both arches...
Hmmm what to do..
Jaine

How is that mint then?

olliemk1
02-01-2007, 15:05
Ahh hello! No worries. Typical I concentrated in the one closest to me though..
It does seem a very straight car though this one but that is a lot of money & I cant see willys going up in value that much!
Will carry on my search

Ollie - can u mail me details ziggymini@hotmail.co.uk please

Hi Ziggy - e-mail sent :)

Car will be on the forum later today/tomorrow :cry:

JJsRT
02-01-2007, 15:48
Hmmm what to do..
Jaine

How is that mint then?

LOL^^ Far from mint i would say! £4300 seems looney considering its a willy 2 aswell!

david porter
02-01-2007, 16:08
Afternoon all,

I am the owner of the car in question and feel I have to respond to the comments posted regarding my car. Jaine has come to see the car on two occasions and i know she is a genuine buyer and Williams enthusiast. However i feel i must put my opinion accross on a few points.

Jaine has stated that the arches and bootlid are rusty. I have just been out to look over the car again and can confirm that they are not. The pictures in my ad show the condition of both rear arches.

Jaine has stated the clutch is on its way. Apart from the car having a stiff clutch, there is nothing that i am aware of to justify this comment. From what I could tell during the test drive, Jaine is of the opinion that as the clutch is stiff, it may be on its way out. I however know that all Williams's have stiff cluthes compared to regular cars and this should by no means be taken as an indicator for a worn clutch.

Jaine has stated the rad is on its way out. To be honest i do not know what this comment is based on as there is no visable damage to the rad and it doesnt loose any water.

Jaine has stated one of the tyres is bald. I have looked at the tyre in question and she is correct in that it is now below the limit and needs replacing. I will be doing this later in the week. All the other tyres are less than 6 months old.

Jaine has stated it has an oil leek. The car doesnt loose any oil and apart from topping it up once in a blue moon i do not know how this conclusion was reached. The only thing i can think of is that maybe becuase the engine bay is that of a regularly used car, her mechanic has been a little over zelous in describing the usual grime and muck on the lower half of the engine as some sort of leak.

To sum up everyone is entitled to an opinion on a car. However to air that opinion publicly may give a misleading view of the car. I would like to state that the opinions expressed by Jaine are not shareed by myself and I do not feel give an accurate reflection of my car.

I do not wish to say anything negative, as I know Jaine is a nice person and a real enthusiast. In fact in a private message this morning she has confirmed she has not ruled my car out of her thoughts. Its just that I dont agree with what she has stated publicly so I feel the need to publicly put my point across to any other intested parties.

Indeed if Jaine decides not to buy my car I wish her all the best in her search for another.

I hope you all can take this post in the way it is intended.

Regards

Dave

Daz.
02-01-2007, 16:20
^^^ Fair enough to me :D

olliemk1
02-01-2007, 16:21
Good post, Dave. It's not fair to have people comment on your car like that :)

Daz.
02-01-2007, 16:26
Its like anything, you only know the condition of something if you have seen it with your own eyes - from what was stated it sounded like the car was not worth the asking price but then again who are we to state that without looking at it for ourselves?

Knock a pound off just to prove me right though :lol:

anyhow I got told off last time for talking on a forsale thread :oops: so i'm keeping schtum!

david porter
05-01-2007, 10:40
The car has now sold. I hope the new owner will enjoy her as much as i did.

Laters

Lunner
05-01-2007, 13:51
Just one of the point you can have an oil leak and not loose a noticable amount of oil you ahve 1.5 ltrs between max and min on dipstick, thats alot of oil to loose, if its the odd few drops then you are't gonna notice it unless you get under the car

BigBoreBri
05-01-2007, 18:48
Its 2.4L Between the min - max mark on the F7R engine according to the reno bible... :shock:

MatBrown
05-01-2007, 20:08
The car has now sold. I hope the new owner will enjoy her as much as i did.

Laters

And did you get full asking price?

Mat.

ziggymini
02-02-2007, 06:44
I bought this car from him, I asked for the stereo he had put in to be taken out & paid £4k for it. Although he took ALL the stereo out! headunit & everything, oh well.
I would just like to say that the car is beautiful BUT does have a gearbox oil leak & a very crunchy 2nd gear, took it to my mechanic who changed clutch & water pump on my old Willy who drove it & said the synchro is on it's way out, bald tyre was not changed either & does have rust coming on rear arches, regardless of this & a few other bits I love the car & am getting all the bits sorted one at a time.
Jaine

matt uk
02-02-2007, 11:08
4k :shock:

stegreeny
02-02-2007, 15:53
i must admit that does seam alot considering the bits that need sorting

jez
02-02-2007, 18:47
wow 4 grand