PDA

View Full Version : I want my saxo vts back

vts_saxo
15-12-2006, 01:09
I really want my saxo vts back, tried posting up on saxosportsclub about the car but got no further.

:( :cry:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v34/deuchars_1/DSC00929.jpg

The RAC checker thing says its still on the road but how do I go about finding the owner??

Leave the saxo comments please, it was part of the family :cry:

matt uk
15-12-2006, 01:25
ive try'd tracing some of my old cars

you either need to know a pig (policeman)

or request driver info through dvla and you need a reason like for example they bumped your car and drove off etc etc

Jamie.
15-12-2006, 16:50
why? are u not happy with the williams u have?

vts_saxo
15-12-2006, 17:28
why? are u not happy with the williams u have?

Happy with the williams but preferred the saxo over it, looked into the car more, seems its been broken for parts now.

McPikie
15-12-2006, 19:24
Happy with the williams but preferred the saxo over it.

:roll:

Penis

Dan_mk1
15-12-2006, 22:48
Happy with the williams but preferred the saxo over it.

:roll:

Penis

:lol:

FATBOY
15-12-2006, 23:03
now now! keep this all in jest! :)

matt uk
15-12-2006, 23:51
i can see what he means my 106 is much better than my 2 old williams

fatser to in a straight line

hate to admit it, unless i just have a fast one?

vts_saxo
16-12-2006, 02:13
The williams was only better in;
1. Straight line speed (just)
2. Handling
3. Braking

But day to day use the saxo was much better and in every other way :!:

McPikie you have obviously never drive one, a far better car than a valver!!

matt uk
16-12-2006, 02:22
mine is much betterthan my old valvers

i welcome anyone with a normal williams to race me from standstill to 100mph

these cars are alot quicker than you think boys

vts_saxo
16-12-2006, 02:25
My williams beat the vts by 0.3s down the qtr mile, would love to see a valver close to it.

matt uk
16-12-2006, 02:55
i know my 106 gti is quicker than my old williams to 100mph

for a start i can hit it in 3rd gear in pug

probably have to be in 5th with a williams :P

Dan_mk1
16-12-2006, 10:18
I have a willy engined valver and a 106 gti run around, the willy owns it in everyway possible :wink:
And the gti would get raped a new arsehole once rolling...

richy
16-12-2006, 12:03
the only thing i miss about my saxo was it was silver and could easy look clean with little effort! unlike my williams!!!

but if you have size 5 feet and like sitting in a stupid position and like to mix in with the other 20million there is, go ahead! :lol:

Zollo
16-12-2006, 12:14
but if you have size 5 feet and like sitting in a stupid position and like to mix in with the other 20million there is, go ahead! :lol:

There's no more stupid a driving position than in a Mk1 Clio! But I definately agree with the foot-space issue in the Cit/Pug. Tis rediculous!

Great cars though :)

richy
16-12-2006, 12:18
yeah the mk1 clios are not great! but at least u can adjust the height etc lol

andywilliams
16-12-2006, 13:10
the psa 1.6 v williams debate again lol

The 106's/saxo's are great little car's, I sold an 02 plate moonstone gti after buying a house and bought a williams. Before the moonstone I had a gold gti, so I know them fairly well after owning 2 over the past 5 years lol.

Standard limit on them is 7250 (<2001) (7400 >2001), there is no way they will hit 100 in 3rd...thats just wishful thinking lol... they hit around 62-65 in second..depending on the year and around 87/90 in 3rd... You can hit 100 if the rev limit is set to 8k, but this is cam'd/itb'd territory...and you say yours is standard matt?!

fast for a 1.6, run out of puff above 80 without breathing mods... itb'd they go well :)

Handling is about about the same as the williams I would say... but thats comparing an 02 plate car with 4.5k on the clock to an N reg car with 100+k, not really a fair comparison huh?

Agreed however, they are faster than a valver... williams has it though imo.

Zek
16-12-2006, 22:02
The saxscroat and 106 was just a new nova :roll:

matt uk
16-12-2006, 22:21
so you think then mine is chipped?

its an r reg and limits over 7.5k and the speedo is on about 97-100mph at limiter in 5th and 120-123 in 4th and 5th goes off clock at 140mph before limiter

ive had a few valvers and NEVER one quicker than this 106 gti in a straight line from standstill

my 160k mile williams was NOT as afaster either and from what i remember is may be close between the williams i sold DAZ alli remember about that car was forever changing gear and i COULDNT get away from my mates 106 gti which my 106 gti is quicker than his.

the mods on my 106

pipercross filter
spare wheel removed
decat pipe
magnex rear
limiter is at bout 7600rpm which i thought was standard :?

i may be wrong on the williams side and maybe i just owned a couple of bad ones

but i would bet anything on it pulling away from ANY valver with similar mods

i would definatly have a £10 wager on a race with a standard williams... well at least the 2 i used to own anyway..

im not the only one that thinks this looking on the search thread, i am VERY unbiased on car views as i have owned allsorts in past.

i genuinely do think my 106 is as quick as a williams

matt uk
16-12-2006, 22:28
anyway **** it im not arsed lol

my 106 is a runabout

i have a 300bhp GTIR and went in a 475 bhp saph cossie earlier running 29psi!!! which was just STUPID quick, not quite as fast off mark as pulsar but **** me when the power was down(30mph + it was a rocket), makes the 106/williams look like kia prides

when we argue about the speeds of are cars its so irrelivant because in the world of cars out there both the 106 gti's and the williams are an embarrassment to the real fast cars of this world

the only word that shouldbe used to describe either is "nippy"

:shock:

andywilliams
16-12-2006, 22:40
hehe :)

ye id say it was chipped, they come alive with breathing mods... as you say they are nippy, please don't get me wrong..i sold mine because the house deposit came first, williams is a damn good car though.... ;)

also btw, pulsar, arrggh. nuff said really.

vts_saxo
17-12-2006, 00:05
so you think then mine is chipped?

its an r reg and limits over 7.5k and the speedo is on about 97-100mph at limiter in 5th and 120-123 in 4th and 5th goes off clock at 140mph before limiter

ive had a few valvers and NEVER one quicker than this 106 gti in a straight line from standstill

my 160k mile williams was NOT as afaster either and from what i remember is may be close between the williams i sold DAZ alli remember about that car was forever changing gear and i COULDNT get away from my mates 106 gti which my 106 gti is quicker than his.

the mods on my 106

pipercross filter
spare wheel removed
decat pipe
magnex rear
limiter is at bout 7600rpm which i thought was standard :?

i may be wrong on the williams side and maybe i just owned a couple of bad ones

but i would bet anything on it pulling away from ANY valver with similar mods

i would definatly have a £10 wager on a race with a standard williams... well at least the 2 i used to own anyway..

im not the only one that thinks this looking on the search thread, i am VERY unbiased on car views as i have owned allsorts in past.

i genuinely do think my 106 is as quick as a williams

Mine would hit the limiter at just over 7500rpm, most do!! So andywilliams i'd say your talking crap.

Its all a matter of opinion but i think vts/gti's are better cars, might be cause they are more modern :?: :?:

Matt uk, i can understand what your saying about your pulsar/cossy ride and willys. My next sprint car is getting built at the moment, 8.3l and 700kg, will make the willy seem slow.

Colin

Daz.
17-12-2006, 00:28
Nowt wrong with this one matt - its a fair bit "nippier" now i'd say than when I stole it from you 8)

vts_saxo
17-12-2006, 00:30
Nowt wrong with this one matt - its a fair bit "nippier" now i'd say than when I stole it from you 8)

Get some catcam 708's and a remap in it :eekout:

Daz.
17-12-2006, 00:31
The williams was only better in;
1. Straight line speed (just)
2. Handling
3. Braking

So everything you'd want in a small fast hatch then :lol:

the gti is a damn fine car but I just couldn't agree with it personally - everything was a tad off/not quite in the same league setup wise as a willy

I'd deffo reconsider one though if I was ever in the market for something along the same lines again vts/gti/16v

Jamie.
17-12-2006, 00:39
Love these threads comparing Williams to a VTS, people always slate the VTS and tbh, for the money they are brilliant, and the performance between the two are v similar.

Before i got the williams i had the option of a 172, gti, vts or williams, and value for money the vts would win everytime, the only reason i chose a williams is because i knew i would always regret not owning one and the reputation of owning a vts wasnt what i had in mind for my next car.

I have never been in a std vts, but an old friend of mine had a vtr, vts conversion with manifold, decat, air filter and cams, im not sure if it was mapped in as he bought the engine 2nd hand (obviously) but it was ****ing rapid, he used to eat much quicker cars and would have hammered mine in a striaght line, to 90/100 it was v impressive.

andywilliams
17-12-2006, 00:46
Mine would hit the limiter at just over 7500rpm, most do!! So andywilliams i'd say your talking crap

lol...n1

awfully sorry, my gti's must have been rebadged 1.1 independence's

there is no way in hell a "standard" 106/saxo hits a limiter at 7500 or above.. or maybe your saxo is one of the special (bull$h1t) "2 prong 130hp ones" LOL,

this forum aint for insulting someones intelligence mate, btw shame your old car is now in bits as it was a nice looking example..

Daz.
17-12-2006, 00:48
^^^ at the end of day its all irrelevant - people choose what they choose, I wanted a williams 2 - I bought a williams 2.. the end!

If I get overtaken tomorrow by a rapid saxo - fair play to that man... I'll go about my business and feel no different when I tuck the willy away for the night knowing I chose the right car for me... :D

andywilliams
17-12-2006, 00:57
^agree totally, just bugs me on these forums when people think that they are right 100% of the time and insult everyone else who has a different opinion ;|

Loadsa saxo's around this way, mainly vtr's though, which are no fun to play with lol :D

Jamie.
17-12-2006, 01:03
as far as i was aware the std red line was 7200 iirc, and i think the limiter on my mates was about 7400? but as i say i dont know what had been altered on that. but i would imagine if the red line was 7200 the limiter would kick in no later than 7300.

richy
17-12-2006, 01:13
lol andy when u go on ssc they think every saxo vts can beat everything in the world, it was always like that when i was on there!!!

why u think cliosport got the same reputation, yes there is some quick vts/gti's out there, i fitted the dog box to craggys old black vts, and that was one quick car and all it had was manifold/system/airbox no cams etc with the dog box,

but what do you expect when ppl start saying how good a vts/gti is on a clio site pmsl :lol:

vts_saxo
17-12-2006, 01:15
^agree totally, just bugs me on these forums when people think that they are right 100% of the time and insult everyone else who has a different opinion ;|

Loadsa saxo's around this way, mainly vtr's though, which are no fun to play with lol :D

I can see what you saying about the limiter but what makes your experiences different to mine?? I have been in lots of vts's and gti's and they all have been 7500/7600rpm, i think i am 100% right going on cars i have seen, you're the only one with a different opinion on this thread.

vts_saxo
17-12-2006, 01:19
lol andy when u go on ssc they think every saxo vts can beat everything in the world, it was always like that when i was on there!!!

why u think cliosport got the same reputation, yes there is some quick vts/gti's out there, i fitted the dog box to craggys old black vts, and that was one quick car and all it had was manifold/system/airbox no cams etc with the dog box,

but what do you expect when ppl start saying how good a vts/gti is on a clio site pmsl :lol:

Why fit a dog box to a basically standard car??

richy
17-12-2006, 01:25
the car wasnt std, i just meant no serious engine mods, just breathing mods...

it had 285mm discs/wilwood 4pots, fully stripped with bucket seats, full bilstein kit and lowered about 40mm all round

and the box also had a gripper lsd, i think he got it of the company bic had his car done at! cant remember the name!

richy
17-12-2006, 01:27
btw it did have throttle bodies but it made no improvement and ran shite afterwards! he got rid of them!

vts_saxo
17-12-2006, 01:29
btw it did have throttle bodies but it made no improvement and ran shite afterwards! he got rid of them!

Cams would have been a better option, would have sounded nice though.

matt uk
17-12-2006, 03:39
checked my car and limit is just over 7500 in every gear

i will check if its chipped tomorrow

i am 99% sure its not tho

bass_direct
17-12-2006, 03:56
whats the qtr mile on a standard vts?

vts_saxo
17-12-2006, 08:23
Mine did 15.4 standard.

McPikie
17-12-2006, 13:24

*cogh, cough* WANKER :roll:

I had a VTR with a VTS lump, and they are fun to drive, sure, but the valver runs a mile from them in the handling, straightline speed, comfort etc etc.

VTS's are shite, so is the 106 GTi (which is the same car underneath).

Seriously, you must have bought one DOG of a valver

vts_saxo
17-12-2006, 15:30

*cogh, cough* w**ker :roll:

I had a VTR with a VTS lump, and they are fun to drive, sure, but the valver runs a mile from them in the handling, straightline speed, comfort etc etc.

VTS's are shite, so is the 106 GTi (which is the same car underneath).

Seriously, you must have bought one DOG of a valver

*cogh, cough* total w**ker :roll:

A Valver is not as quick in a straightline, the rest is in your opinion.

Its you that must of had the dog vtr/vts, i own a williams btw

matt uk
17-12-2006, 16:27
my 106 gti is NOT chipped i opened the ECU today

completlely standard

apart from decat, backbox,filter

and it IS quicker than a valver that i am certain about

kj16v
17-12-2006, 16:59

:wink: Yep, only little boys like 'em cuz only they can fit in them. Real men like me drive Clios (with their shoes off!)

Dancliovalver
17-12-2006, 20:46
my valvers over 160bhp n laurens standard 106GTI is glued to my arse all the way to 100mph!!!!!!

not that slow really, if mine was standard she'd piss all over my valver and id consider mine to be a fairly strong, good running engine :P

Neil1587
18-12-2006, 13:38
The rev limit on a vts/gti is 7250rpm soft cut, 7400rpm hard cut IIRC. Based on std rev limit/engine/box/wheels + tyres, a vts/gti should be hitting 62mph in 2nd, 88mph in 3rd, 115mph in 4th and theoretically hit 142mph in 5h I believe.

I remember craggy's vts. To this day, i've never seen/heard of a near std vts running a 14.5sec 1/4 mile. It was a bit of a freak lol. The T/B's were never going to work imo as I think it was still on std cams/ecu etc.

When my mate had his completely std willy, I could keep up with him pretty easily in a straight line in my vts (filter/exhaust + decat) , but would have the edge round the twisties and when pulling out of corners. A couple of years ago, a lad off cliosport wanted a bit of a comparison against my vts in his stripped out rear, breathed on valver. I pulled about a car length or so up to around 80mph. I think I would have been 2 to 3 car lengths infront by the ton if we hadn't backed off.

These stripped out 2.0 willy/hybrids would absolutely murder a stripped, breathed on vts/gti down a 1/4 mile going by the times they pull imo. You'd need to spend a massive amount on one to get anywhere near the hybrids I reckon.

J o n
18-12-2006, 14:21
i know my 106 gti is quicker than my old williams to 100mph

for a start i can hit it in 3rd gear in pug

probably have to be in 5th with a williams :P

to be fair dont you just buy sheds though to pawn off to unsuspecting enthusiasts though? ;)

Dan, surely if your valver is 160bhp it should have no problem pulling away from the missus' car!?

Dancliovalver
18-12-2006, 16:03
thats what i thought lol but its true, unfortunatly cant make a vid now coz its got a megane B/E on it now n i know i will be quicker but she surprised me when we did have a race lol :oops:

J o n
18-12-2006, 20:11
yeah, tbh I'd question the power output if that's the case, but I spose none of that matters now! lol

I never had a race with a 106gti when the Williams was standard that I can remember, but had a do with Mehdi's one after cams and the Williams just completely and utterly obliterated it as I expected it to. The difference was more than racing Wayne's standard valver though, which was considered a quick one.

richy
18-12-2006, 20:14
The rev limit on a vts/gti is 7250rpm soft cut, 7400rpm hard cut IIRC. Based on std rev limit/engine/box/wheels + tyres, a vts/gti should be hitting 62mph in 2nd, 88mph in 3rd, 115mph in 4th and theoretically hit 142mph in 5h I believe.

I remember craggy's vts. To this day, i've never seen/heard of a near std vts running a 14.5sec 1/4 mile. It was a bit of a freak lol. The T/B's were never going to work imo as I think it was still on std cams/ecu etc.

When my mate had his completely std willy, I could keep up with him pretty easily in a straight line in my vts (filter/exhaust + decat) , but would have the edge round the twisties and when pulling out of corners. A couple of years ago, a lad off cliosport wanted a bit of a comparison against my vts in his stripped out rear, breathed on valver. I pulled about a car length or so up to around 80mph. I think I would have been 2 to 3 car lengths infront by the ton if we hadn't backed off.

These stripped out 2.0 willy/hybrids would absolutely murder a stripped, breathed on vts/gti down a 1/4 mile going by the times they pull imo. You'd need to spend a massive amount on one to get anywhere near the hybrids I reckon.

yeah it was on std cams but had somesort of altered ecu iirc, whoever did it messed it up and the car wouldnt run correct after it was reverted to std! but yeah your right was a freak fast car! :)

Andyvalver
18-12-2006, 20:36
Every vts i have ever come up against has been neck and neck up to a 100. Never heard so much shite in all my life, you lot talk like vts's are skylines or something lol.

A vts is quicker than a valver? but not quicker than a standard willims? But a standard williams will pull what, 4 cars to a ton on a valver. Meaning a vts might pull 2 cars to a ton on a valver? If its even true its hardly ****in worth talkin about.

:P :P :P :P :P :P :P

Joel
18-12-2006, 21:31
Theyre everywhere as well.. :evil:

Daz.
18-12-2006, 21:42
good god is this still going?!?? :lol:

Lee Keefy
19-12-2006, 01:03
Every vts i have ever come up against has been neck and neck up to a 100. Never heard so much shite in all my life, you lot talk like vts's are skylines or something lol.

A vts is quicker than a valver? but not quicker than a standard willims? But a standard williams will pull what, 4 cars to a ton on a valver. Meaning a vts might pull 2 cars to a ton on a valver? If its even true its hardly F***IN worth talkin about.

I've got a valver you wont pull 4 car lengths on....................

J o n
19-12-2006, 11:33
sounds like we need a VTS Vs Valver Vs Williams shootout day at York or Santa Pod to settle all this!

vts_saxo
19-12-2006, 12:04
sounds like we need a VTS Vs Valver Vs Williams shootout day at York or Santa Pod to settle all this!

The results IMO!

1. Williams
2. VTS
3. Valver

J o n
19-12-2006, 12:44
unlikely seeing as most valvers are 2.0 these days ;) lol

I think in general a good strong engined valver will be faster than most VTS', however, you get some freak VTS' which imo not even the fastest valver would keep with. The seem to vary lots on power, even moreso than Reno engines and respond to beathing mods much better too it would seem... especially if Craggy's is to go by!

seanofnp
19-12-2006, 13:19
My car weighs about 1300kgs and its only a 1.6 and ive whooped plenty of vts's/106s. And it royally pwned my valver and bass directs valver.

Unless ofc the vts drviers were proper shit or shit engines.

Neil1587
19-12-2006, 13:48
I think alot of vts owners don't know how to drive them too, which makes people think they are slow. I've read on various forums that the owners think it's best to change gear at 6-6.5k revs to get the best performance out of them lol. They need taking near enough right to the limiter to get the best out of them imo.

In regards to a williams/valver/vts 1/4 mile shootout, you might as well hand out the trophies now to the stripped out 2.0 valvers as I can't think of any vts/gti's that'll get anywhere near the times of the fastest hybrids. I'm pretty confident most of the vts' would have the edge on the 1.8's though imo. I think a clio/saxo trackday would be good too, obviously wont be competitive (officially lol), but would be fun to have a bit of a comparison round a circuit.

J o n
19-12-2006, 14:08
those Civic engines are mental Sean, the CTR amazes me to this day how with little torque and relatively average power to weight it's sooo much faster than it should be... it's the V-TEC though, such a brilliant system, theirs and Nissan's VVTi that the Pulsar VZR N1 use are breath taking... 200bhp 1.6 engines that rev to over 9k... unbelievable

Andyvalver
19-12-2006, 14:24

A vts is quicker than a valver? but not quicker than a standard willims? But a standard williams will pull what, 4 cars to a ton on a valver. Meaning a vts might pull 2 cars to a ton on a valver? If its even true its hardly F***IN worth talkin about.

I've got a valver you wont pull 4 car lengths on....................

Well i own a valver as well, not a williams so i probably wouldnt pull 4 car lengths on you :lol:

arj256
19-12-2006, 15:40
When i had my valver, i ran against 2 106 gtis at the pod.
And i beat the first one and the second one i lost by cars length due to a fluffed gear change.
My valver was on average pace with an interior standard exhaust and over half a tank of fuel.

Andyvalver
19-12-2006, 16:19
see^^^ A man who speaks the truth, thats what id expect as the result. Not some of these storys you lot come out with :wink:

No point in talkin about the odd freak ones becuase you dont come across thos everyday :D

vts_saxo
19-12-2006, 16:57
My car weighs about 1300kgs and its only a 1.6 and ive whooped plenty of vts's/106s. And it royally pwned my valver and bass directs valver.

Unless ofc the vts drviers were proper s**t or s**t engines.

My mate has a del sol SIR with exhaust and induction kit and it was neck and neck with my vts up to 80-90mph then could pull away.

Sorry to be dumb whats ofc??

Del sol's do not weight 1300kg!!

big hp
19-12-2006, 17:20
My mate (artnmotion on this forum) has had about 4/5 vtr's and s's. Last one he had was a quick one by vts standards. Not a bad car just held me up when i was behind him 8) Used to push him along the road. TBH i think any vts is about good 16v pace.

nyk
19-12-2006, 19:58
when we start talkin about the saxo tour de course, then we are talking about competitiveness!

For those of you who dont know what that is it was a special edition VTS made that was 160bhp.

Standard for standard, vts against a valver, I reckon it would be close and probably down to driver ability.

clowo16v
19-12-2006, 20:14
My old 106 GTi-ish, which was a 106 Rallye with a GTi engine, cams, de-cat, straight through exhaust with no silencers and a bmc induction kit, coilovers, stripped, cage etc was a bit quicker than my clio but not a lot. Even on coilovers I could still get clio to go faster round corners which was on lowering springs, tho that may be down to the extra experience.

Matt

Lee Keefy
19-12-2006, 20:56

put me down for that,got loads of exp at 0-60 but never done quarter mile so dont know what i'd be like against the lights but i'll give it a go!!!! :lol:

Neil1587
20-12-2006, 02:25
when we start talkin about the saxo tour de course, then we are talking about competitiveness!

For those of you who dont know what that is it was a special edition VTS made that was 160bhp.

Standard for standard, vts against a valver, I reckon it would be close and probably down to driver ability.

Those saxo 'tour de corse' models weren't all they cracked up to be iirc. I think they were tuned by l.a.d and were quoted to have 160bhp with just performance exhaust + filter and might have had a bit of headwork I believe. No chance of getting 160bhp with those mods. I've read about a few of the tour de corse (+ other l.a.d specials) owners who have been to RR shootouts and have been disappointed with the bhp figures, making around 130 ish bhp I believe. A set of catcams 708's, pt51's, 285's etc, exhaust + mani + decat, enclosed filter and a remap seem to be knocking out between 150-160bhp on these engines. Quite a few knocking round now.

What sort of 1/4 mile times do std/mildly tuned valvers tend to run then?

VIPERONE
20-12-2006, 02:32
pmsl LAD

they should bereported to the D.T.I

seanofnp
20-12-2006, 02:47
those Civic engines are mental Sean, the CTR amazes me to this day how with little torque and relatively average power to weight it's sooo much faster than it should be... it's the V-TEC though, such a brilliant system, theirs and Nissan's VVTi that the Pulsar VZR N1 use are breath taking... 200bhp 1.6 engines that rev to over 9k... unbelievable

I know, the sound is class also mate!

Mine is the b16a engine. 1.6 170bhp standard.

The b18c, which is the intergra engine, is 200bhp from 1.8. This is the engine to go for!

Also, my del sol is a top spec with A/C C/C Electric transtop roof etc... the roof componants weigh Nearly 200kgs, I believe the weight is about 1260kgs or close to.

My car isnt a great car to compare with when it comes to the hot hatch shoot out. But a Mk2 CR-X or a stripped EG Civic SiR would more than likely kill vts and valver in standard form and williams owners would more than likely struggle also.

But I still agree, vts vs williams its a no contest, the hybrids and stripped willys would come out on top i would put my money on!

Neil1587
20-12-2006, 13:19
Bloody hell! The del sol is a bit of a fat bastard, didn't realise they were that heavy :shock:

Martin
20-12-2006, 13:33

15.6-16.0

clowo16v
20-12-2006, 14:23
15.0, stripped rear, only 1 seat, standard airbox with cold air feed and de-catted magnex.

Matt

nyk
20-12-2006, 17:58

Those saxo 'tour de corse' models weren't all they cracked up to be iirc. I think they were tuned by l.a.d and were quoted to have 160bhp with just performance exhaust + filter and might have had a bit of headwork I believe. No chance of getting 160bhp with those mods. I've read about a few of the tour de corse (+ other l.a.d specials) owners who have been to RR shootouts and have been disappointed with the bhp figures, making around 130 ish bhp I believe. A set of catcams 708's, pt51's, 285's etc, exhaust + mani + decat, enclosed filter and a remap seem to be knocking out between 150-160bhp on these engines. Quite a few knocking round now.

The tour de course had fast road cams as standard.

Neil1587
21-12-2006, 02:09
Even if they had uprated cams, they still weren't making the power quoted (probably down to ecu not being mapped) going by the RR days i've read about. Most people seem to get around 130/140bhp with cams/breathing mods, 150/160bhp with above mods + remap.

Martin
21-12-2006, 09:59
15.0, stripped rear, only 1 seat, standard airbox with cold air feed and de-catted magnex.

Matt

when was this..?

2 live
21-12-2006, 11:37

yeah it was on std cams but had somesort of altered ecu iirc, whoever did it messed it up and the car wouldnt run correct after it was reverted to std! but yeah your right was a freak fast car! :)

the bodies were never going to work as well as they could...the inlet was on the wrong side of the engine to get really good airflow to em. :wink:

dint he end up having to run 2 ecu's..the std one for the pas and few other bits of shit.and the dta for the bodies.

i know he was gutted wen after the bodies he couldnt get below 14.9 1/4s.

with the std lump back in and the dog box it was a rite hoot....but id got the cams n re-map done by then...and jus blew him away.

i never underestimate a saxo/106 now...mainly down to the battles i had with craggys lol....altho his was a freak.....reportedly quite a lot left the factory with 130+ bhp rather than the 120 they should have had.

Neil1587
21-12-2006, 13:32
lol yeah the inlet is on the wrong side of the engine which is wank! Not much room either, unless you start chopping up the bulkhead. I remember when I was getting my vts mapped at chipwizards, I was speaking to wayne about similar spec'd vts/gti's to mine, but running TB's. He said the ones he had mapped were only making a few bhp more than the single bodied ones (although midrange/torque/drivability was better), so didn't think they were worth it on pretty mildly tuned engines.

I remember the vids craggy used to post up when he first had the vts against various valvers/williams'/172's etc lol. They were great to watch :D

clowo16v
21-12-2006, 13:35
Was at the august meet at york in 2005 had a few runs in the evening after the track had closed cos I know the owners of the track and I wanted to prove I could keep up with my mates mustang.

Ive got the ticket somewhere I think its in the backpack with my tent in the loft.

Matt

richy
21-12-2006, 20:15
yeah craggys had the std ecu with another thing on it, which kinda messed it up as it wouldnt run properly at all!

it sounded great tho, but with the dog box it was alot of fun esp at oulton! :D

2 live
21-12-2006, 21:45
Was at the august meet at york in 2005 had a few runs in the evening after the track had closed cos I know the owners of the track and I wanted to prove I could keep up with my mates mustang.

Ive got the ticket somewhere I think its in the backpack with my tent in the loft.

Matt

i hoped u lined steves pockets with silver.......lol

clowo16v
21-12-2006, 22:00
Nah he owes me enough as it is lol.

Matt

2 live
22-12-2006, 11:16
lol.........u expectin him to pay ya?????

lmao

hes got new tyres to buy ffs. lmao