PDA

View Full Version : Why do big fat cars ...

Purple
14-12-2006, 04:12
... like to race with small little blue cars? Lexuses (Lexi?), in particular. Is it a worldwide thing or does it only happen in SE Asia?

Was out running the clio after carb spraying the throttle body and a silly Lexus tried to race me (even into corners!). Has happened to me many times before. Why can't they just be contented in driving a far more expensive car than me? Or at least, read car mags to know how their cars compare with other cars on the road. :)

And yes, made him eat humble pie without disturbing the revs past 5k :D

bluenose
14-12-2006, 09:46
Lol.
Always wondered if Lexi was plural for Lexus. Same with the Ford Focus aswell. Do you have a group of Foci or a gang of focuses? :?

kj16v
14-12-2006, 13:55
Hmm guys with big cars. Probably something Fruedian to do with their Willys :)

Zollo
14-12-2006, 13:58
Or, being really synical here, perhaps it's just because they like big cars...

J o n
14-12-2006, 14:16
lol, I'd prefer a bigger car next... think 4 hot hatches is enough for me now!

kj16v
15-12-2006, 01:22
Or, being really synical here, perhaps it's just because they like big cars...

The question was "Why do people with big cars try to race against small ones"

Your answer "Because they like big cars" doesn't make sense.

Purple
15-12-2006, 03:04
:D I think Zollo was replying to your big car/small willy complex. And that some people who like big cars, simply because they like big cars.

I much prefer driving small nippy cars than limos anyway, unless it's on a long highway trip. That's the main reason I switched from a Legacy RS turbo to the Williams, it's so much more fun. It's a personal things, really. And, of course, there's also the willy complex :lol:

Zollo
15-12-2006, 10:40
Purple got it on both accounts - I was suggesting it's perhaps just a matter of preference why some people like bigger cars than others :)