PDA

View Full Version : pulsar GTIR

matt uk
11-12-2006, 00:51
hello due to a massive argument at home with parents mainly over this car and other presonal matters i am being forced to move out early january

i have a 106 gti at present which is my run about and everyday car and as a hobby i purchased a GTIR early this month to work on and get through its mot.

anyway i cant get a mortgage on my own and im going to have to rent for now until my lazy girlfriend hurrys up and fiinishes uni.

i genuinely DO NOT wish to sell this car at all but i will have NOWHERE to keep it as i am going to have to rent a small terraced house or flat, i will struggle to run the 106 nevermind the GTIR aswell.

anyway that is my genuine reason for sale.

so unless anyone here wants to look after it for me or has a drive i can leave it on for a few months till i get myself sorted then i am pretty much ****ed!

this car has NO MOT and only 1 months tax!

but i cannot stress this car drives very well and reflects the low KM mileage

spec is as follows

still in kilometres and still limited to 112mph
78km from new
some jap history and import papers etc
clutch is good and light
gearbox nice and smooth
16 inch white oz alloys
5 zigen exhaust
some green air filter unsure of brand
walbro fuel pump
standard boost
sump guard

i have recently spent over £100 on a walbro fuel pump and 4x grade 8 spark plugs
both of which are now fitted to the car.

BAD POINTS:

cracked windscreen. not got any worse in over 300 miles ive done since buying

rust to the bottom of a rear arch, is hidden by the sideskirt

small crack in passenger front wing very easily sorted

front brakes are poor and discs are terrible

rear brakes(handbrake) are also poor but discs arent too bad

i will supply 2 new front brake discs which will be ready to fit.

thats it really, mechanically very very good

perfect pressures all round, even air con works!

very quiet engine, alot better than my last two GTIRS

heres some pics *please note sideskirts are now on"

so shes a complete running car just needs brakes and screen for MOT

i am open to £0fffers try me you never know, this car i a real bargin and an excellent chance to take advantage of my bad luck and you can say thank you to my arsehole of a stepdad for forcing me into to having to sell a car im literally in love with.

contact details:leonard_2k@hotmail.com (msn)

much appreciated car is based in alfreton, derbyshire. near junction 28 of the m1 motorway

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b60/mattleonard/3-1.jpg

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b60/mattleonard/2.jpg

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b60/mattleonard/1-3.jpg

northy
11-12-2006, 08:38
price matt ?

HYBRID_HAZ
11-12-2006, 09:04
Price and also what side of the windscreen is cracked?

matt uk
11-12-2006, 12:26
offers around 1300 had a 1100 offer already but engine and box are worth that alone

windscreen is cracked on passenger side where tax disc is and runs across bottom of windscreeen, its not got any worse in the miles i have done

GTI-R is all ready for 300bhp with the uprated fuel pump and plugs

it will easily and reliabley be run at 1 bar of boost which is 15psi (300bhp), this will be setup tomorrow via an ajustable boost valve you can monitor the boost by the greddy boost gauge i forgot to mention is also on the car.

alot of people on the forum have happily run 1.2 bar with no problems although its safer to stick at 1 bar till properly mapped

this car is very very fast please check your insurance first as this is a group 20 car

cheers

y4n
11-12-2006, 13:53
matt uk get it on ebay you will defo get more than £1300 for the gtir. selling it for £1600-£1800 would be a steal. :)

matt uk
11-12-2006, 14:10
thats next option

problem is its near xmas and i might struggle

plus ebay can take 2 weeks to advertise auction expire and then recieve payment

:(

bass_direct
11-12-2006, 14:45
you should get it up there now then! £1700 buy it now or best offer!

AmDaMan
11-12-2006, 16:55
jesus, how much were you paying for insurance?

philthy
11-12-2006, 23:57
ive added u to msn to talk about it.

Phil

Foz
12-12-2006, 01:23
Shame sounds like a quick car n all. Looks well worth the asking price, only got it the other day did you?

matt uk
12-12-2006, 02:45
yeah and i was all set for getting it sorted over winter and thena summer of fun

i live in my stepdads house with my mum still and my brother who has just come out of prison... anyway i get my dream car and the next day she has a complaint from a neighbour that its to loud when i start it up and it disturbs them.

this caused a mass argument between me and my mum who said if it was time i left

my stepdad then issued both me and my brother with a wriiten and signed EVICTION notice which he will hand one section to a solicitor if we refuse to move out.

basically i pay "board" and ive been given£ 450 a month excluding bills and this is cheapest we will get really..

hence the sale as i cant run both gtir and 106 and a house with a brother that refuses to get a job and just lounges about living off money he saved from working on side last month

its a ****in disaster!

the only good thing my brother has done is buy us more time by threatening to kick the shit out my stepdad and make his life hell if he makes this difficult for us.... im sure northy can verify my brother is quite a nasty looking 19stone beast who has spent the last 3.5 years in walton prison in liverpool :O, so my stepdad was quite easily bargined with given the nature of my brothers new prison friends :twisted:

the leaving date is the 18th january when my bro's tag comes off and hes a free man.

anyway enough of the situation story

this car needs to be gone by that date or preferably before

thanks

northy
12-12-2006, 08:26
sorry to hear this matt !

HYBRID_HAZ
12-12-2006, 09:20
Am I right in saying you had this collected from Romford? Do you know how much it would cost to get it back down to Romford? I am really tempted.

northy
12-12-2006, 09:45
:shock: bloody hell....Yes i collected it from Romford the other week.

To drive it back would be your best bet - but if your trailering it then your looking at a good £100 alone in fuel. Then you have trailer hire on top of that.

I wont be doing that trip again lol.

matt uk
12-12-2006, 13:16
i will drive the car down i have no worries about the reliablity of the GTIR but i will want fuel costs and either a lift home or train fare

matt uk
14-12-2006, 01:47
on a mates drive so now not at desperate to sell

will sell for £1600 now as a have some breathing space

thanks to all that enquired

anyone that rung me 2 days ago i keft my phone at home when i returned to 7 missed calls from numbers i dont know

i assume it was about pulsar

thanks

stan
15-12-2006, 11:23
swap plus cash from you for a Starlet GTT?

matt uk
15-12-2006, 23:44
pics?
details?
spec?
price?

stan
15-12-2006, 23:58
Completely std...its a mates btw.

White, around 80kmiles I think, 6 months tax and test, he wanted £2.5k a couple of months back.

However, its "obtained" a couple of dents and dings recently...nowt that cant be sorted...just lowers the overall look of the car, so he would take £2k I think.

Ive mentioned your car to him and he's deadly intrested.

IF there is ANYTHING wrong with this car...please state now, at least he/we would know where we are standing in terms of repairs (he wont be put off by much, but he would rather know). I tell you this, because if we came to look at it, and we found mechanical faults that we werent made aware of (and believe me, we WOULD find them), we would be ****ed right off.....and I personally dont like being ****ed right off.

so...if your intrested, let me know :D

wavy
16-12-2006, 00:31
hehe dont fuk off stan the man :lol:
still sounds like a awsome spec car for the money
good luck :wink:

matt uk
16-12-2006, 19:08
haha you take same attitude as me mate

if someone tricked me on a car i'd have the cunts arse raped.

anyway the pulsar is fine your very ewelcome to test drive all day long but you take the risk of being pulled up with no tax/mot/insurance

mechanically very good, ive listed all the bad points i can think of

other fidly bits are:

sometimes tickover at 1.3k revs after a good thrash

exhaust knocks about a little at back

windscreen is badly cracked,

cant think of anything else seriously!

dunno if i could justify swapping 500 quid and a GTIR for a starlet tho.. have to sleep on that one

matt uk
16-12-2006, 19:12
what year is the starlet

Gav
16-12-2006, 19:22
what year is the starlet

matt no offence but u said u needed rid because u can run 2 cars and a house and u need the money

so getting another car and parting with £500 seems kinda silly?? :?

Gav
16-12-2006, 19:22
cant* dam edit button :roll:

Nick16v
16-12-2006, 19:23
yeah but surely if he swaps it for the starlet, u could get a lot more money for that....

Gav
16-12-2006, 19:24
yeah but surely if he swaps it for the starlet, u could get a lot more money for that....

but then what i was thinking is why doesnt Stan's mate sell it himself?

Gav
16-12-2006, 19:25

and he would just be back to square one would he not?

matt uk
16-12-2006, 19:49
yeah i know what you mean

i need cash really starlet would be LEGAL tho so much easier to sell and would get around 2k on ebay

pulsars sell for alot but who wants one that off the road with windscreeen damage etc etc

i have many options money would be easier

williams jr is right tho i cant go spending 500 on astarlet px

may aswell just let pulsar go for 1500

:cry:

stan
16-12-2006, 21:33
My mate hasnt the time to advertise it, he works 12hr days right now...he's not in a rush to sell it either, i just mentioned about this pulsar.

In any case, he may be willing to deal on it...I never mentioned £500 :wink:

matt uk
16-12-2006, 22:38
stan pm me over this and what money may be involved if any

i value mine at 1600 cause of time of year and windscreen etc etc

stan
16-12-2006, 22:42
It was £1300 a day or so ago...

You cant go moving goal posts when intrest arises...I know you mentioned earlier that you now wanted £1600...but again, that just looks like your being greedy.

I'll speak to my mate and see what he says.

matt uk
16-12-2006, 23:28
desperation makes people say silly things

luckyily y4n and bass direct pointed out its worth easily over 1500 on ebay and no its on someones drive i can afford to just about hold out a little longer for the right price

i need money really mate

cheers

matt uk
21-12-2006, 19:40
clutch gone :@

£1000 takes it strictly no offers at all

ta

Joel
21-12-2006, 19:51
ur stepdad seems a real cock matt

Plattsy
23-12-2006, 10:31
it stil not gone?

matt uk
23-12-2006, 19:08
getting picked up in morning for £1050

i get to keep

stereo
speakers
turbo timer that
boost gauge
boost controller
unmbrella, (rare)

all bit to go on my next one, whenever that may be

made my money back anyway so cant complain really

just very unlucky with what happend with clutch,

which is now apparently the clutch fork has split!

was fun while she lasted, gonna be broken into 1000 peices now

may she rest in peace

amen

Plattsy
24-12-2006, 13:32
umbrellla..... get umbrellas all over :wink:

matt uk
24-12-2006, 13:38
its gone

clutch master cylinder went (leaking)

guy topped it up with brake fluid and it worked but will bugger up again soon

gutted..... now just what to buy next :idea: