so has anyone got one yet?

i'm soo tempted, if only for zelda!

VIPERONE
08-12-2006, 14:03
im also tempted :-)

they need a starwars game, imagine the lightsabre fights

Rich
08-12-2006, 14:36
bro got his today, screwed at me for phoning him up for something as i disturbed his gameplay :lol:

bluenose
08-12-2006, 14:48
I'm saving my penny's for the PS3 :D I'd feel like a right twat waving a stick around infront of the telly! lol.

Lisa-F16
08-12-2006, 15:21
My boss has just got his and has taken a WEEK off work to play it :roll:

Rich
08-12-2006, 15:40
I'm saving my penny's for the PS3 :D

**** that! waaaaay overpirced imo

bluenose
08-12-2006, 16:08
I'm saving my penny's for the PS3 :D

f**k that! waaaaay overpirced imo

Wont be buying one straight away! Give it 6 months after the release and the price will drop quite a bit. Sound like its gonna be in a different league to the rival consoles aswell. Personal opinion though i suppose. I remember when the playstation 1 came out and half of school had that and the other half swore by N64's. Kind of like two rival Football firms but in Games console terms! lol.

2 live
08-12-2006, 23:26
lol...aye....playstation was originally an add on for the snes tho...kinda like the sega mega cd thing......til things went tits up.

the wii will be good i reckon, even if jus for zelda, another goldeneye wouldnt go amiss on the nintendo either.

personally i think the ps3 will be a bit of a let down, compared to the 360..

Jamie.
09-12-2006, 16:22
My boss has just got his and has taken a WEEK off work to play it :roll:

not really finding alot wrong with that :wink:

ian711
09-12-2006, 22:46
im also tempted :-)

they need a starwars game, imagine the lightsabre fights

now thats what im talking about!! 8)

richy
09-12-2006, 22:49
lol...aye....playstation was originally an add on for the snes tho...kinda like the sega mega cd thing......til things went tits up.

the wii will be good i reckon, even if jus for zelda, another goldeneye wouldnt go amiss on the nintendo either.

the snes was a nintendo console, the playstation is sonys!

ian711
09-12-2006, 22:54

the snes was a nintendo console, the playstation is sonys!

yeah but they had a deal together, but nintendo werent happy about using cd's and so the whole deal went tits up. sony decided to go it alone and the rest is history

2 live
09-12-2006, 22:55
no shit einstein

;)

nintendo approached sony to compete with the mega cd ...and between them they came up with the playstation, as an add on for the snes.

like i said.....things went tits up...nintendo told em to fuk off....and shot themselves in the foot. lol

couple years later..sony have the playstation an blow the snes away.

from which nintendo never really recovered..even the n64 couldnt really compete......altho 1 or 2 games on the 64 were better than their playstations copy.

richy
09-12-2006, 23:08
ah didnt know that, just thought playstation was sony and the snes was nintendo! tbh i really didnt care about all that back then, was more fussed about playing on them lol

FATBOY
10-12-2006, 02:01
who cares! n64 goldeneye is a classic!!! and so is mario kart 64 and mario 64!!!!!! beat that you sony scum!!!!! :wink:

MrAtego
10-12-2006, 02:37
who cares! n64 goldeneye is a classic!!! and so is mario kart 64 and mario 64!!!!!! beat that you sony scum!!!!! :wink:

yana yana yana stella wins again ;) can't beat guiness cold

seanofnp
10-12-2006, 12:08
.kinda like the sega mega cd thing..

The dreamcast ;)

My brother has a Wii for xmas. :)

fasterthanjesus
10-12-2006, 12:33
playstation 3 wont be a let down. the japanese reviews have been good so far.

microsoft will always do well in the states and ok in europe and poor in japan.

theres still a massive movement of people who are reluctant to let microsoft corner another market, therefore they will only be developing for non microsoft technologies.

Dancliovalver
10-12-2006, 13:14

i second that!!!!

still really enjoying the 360, never been a fan of the playstation, the only game worth buying i though was GT4 but that gets pretty boring!!!

i may invest in a wii thou, really wanna thrash on on zelda!!

2 live
10-12-2006, 14:14
.kinda like the sega mega cd thing..

The dreamcast ;)

My brother has a Wii for xmas. :)

no mate wasnt the dreamcast.....sega had a cd drive add on for the megadrive....called it sega mega cd iirc.

altho sega rally on the saturn was spot on lol.

goldeneye on n64...1 of the best 1st person shoot em ups released.....bit shit to go back n play it now like lol, but still a classic. as is mario, and zelda.ocarina of time, got quite well into shadowman on there too lol.

they started to go a bit cutesy graphic wise towards the end of the 64s life and the gamecube....just hope they dont release the same kinda stuff for the wii.....adult games...or 15+ is something nintendo has pretty much always steered away from. which is a shame cos they lose such a huge market lol.

Dancliovalver
10-12-2006, 14:36
i got y 64 out the other day to play on zelda, was mega fun tryin to remember where everything was

quite weird though playing on the game, i remember when i thought the graphics and special effect were awsome, not its pretty inferior, still great fun thou :lol:

FATBOY
10-12-2006, 15:24
ive still got my N64 rigged up... was playin mario kart on my new 42" lcd yesterday! was awesome! i think ive got the best games ever made for the N64 mario64,mariokart64,goldeneye,shadows of the empire,zelda(ocarina in time) and pilotwings64............

what other games were good on it?????

ive got a spare N64 if anyone wants it? its a bit tempremental at times(loading carts) theres a power supply and aerial cable but no controllers or games... free if anyone wants it???? just pay me p+p

and 2live i remember the mega cd what a load of shite!!! lol i think the only decent game on that was virtua racing(which they also released on the dreamcast).. and i was reading up on the ps1, the people that were making the add on for nintendo(sony) fell out with each other, so sony went on its own....

ian711
10-12-2006, 16:02
ive still got my N64 rigged up... was playin mario kart on my new 42" lcd yesterday! was awesome! i think ive got the best games ever made for the N64 mario64,mariokart64,gokdeneye,shadows of the empire,zelda(ocarina in time) and pilotwings64............

what other games were good on it?????

perfect dark is awesome,
zelda majora's mask was good,
donkey kong 64's pretty good
super smash bro's is brilliant for multiplayer
f-zero's pretty good

there are loads more i cant remember off the top of my head

2 live
10-12-2006, 20:58
ISS 64 werent bad.predecessor to PES now lol.

pilotwings..lol...not played that for years.

wave race. turok was ok ish, liked shadowman, 1080

ian711
10-12-2006, 22:20

now that was a wicked game, probably the best snowboard game ever!

anyone play the gamecube version?

J o n
11-12-2006, 11:35
was playing on the Wii last night at my mates... mixed feelings on it tbh...

Played COD3 and it's crap, the graphics are very PS2 and the control system is actually piss poor imo for FPS, it looks like it should work, but the reality is it's very slow and cumbersome.

Wii sports is excellent though, Boxing, Tennis and Baseball I really enjoyed, all very simple games but very very playable. Tennis is by far my favourite, love the fact you can add top spin, lob it, slice it etc etc and you can proper power the shots... still, watching Laura beat my mate Andy on boxing had to be the funniest thing, the left jab to the body followed by a devastating straight right had mid way through the second round was awesome, he went down like a sack of shit :lol: pmsl

summeh
12-12-2006, 02:04
anybody know if these are in stock anywhere?

jamie
13-12-2006, 20:16
nope

bluenose
13-12-2006, 22:42
anybody read the sun today and see the article on people breaking stuff in their house from getting a bit too into the swordfighting and tennis etc? pmsl :D

jamie
13-12-2006, 23:24
lol they have a new thing called a "wii elbow" from people suffering from too much play!!!

stan
13-12-2006, 23:59
The series of "Adult XXX" games should be good fun with that controler!

matt uk
14-12-2006, 03:50
i remember the zelda days

ocarina of time and majora's mask

i got every piece of heart and every golden skullata thingy one occarina of time

did all the second one too and you get "oni link" kills boss's in 3-4 hits

bet some of you guys never got that? you need every mask in the game 8)

jamie
14-12-2006, 17:54
Anyone here manage to get hold of a nintendo wii on launch day? If so what games did u get and what do u think of the machine?....discuss

ian711
14-12-2006, 18:01
i remember the zelda days

ocarina of time and majora's mask

i got every piece of heart and every golden skullata thingy one occarina of time

did all the second one too and you get "oni link" kills boss's in 3-4 hits

bet some of you guys never got that? you need every mask in the game 8)

yeah i got. :D
you played the whole game as child link but if you got all the masks, it unlocked another one which made him bigger, in a white costume and i'm pretty sure when you swung the sword to attack it shot little disks out.

tbh you had to be a bit geeky to get all the masks :oops: